Rod Bramblett and Wife in Serious Car Accident; Wife Passes Away (Update: Both Pass Away)

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Maybe one day you'll look at the window and see a different scene.
Unassisted triple post, not every day you see one of those.

Thank you Tapatalk! I couldn’t even edit the duplicates down, it said the title was too long. Huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
From Walker Co. it was the Jefferson Co. line. My mother and dad are teetotalers and I always wanted to stop at Greentop to get Barbeque but it never happened. :)
same here, raised by teetotalers.

the last couple of years i lived in haleyville, the city of jasper went wet. so it was 6 and 1/2 dozen as to which drive we made.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The back roads are people that were on 285 but thought they were being smart by getting off to take the back roads. These people are the worst. I have had days where I could have biked home faster than t took to drive it because of these people.
when i first moved here in '93, i used to ride my bike across the north end on what used to be mt. vernon road. this was before all of the development really took off at that area (perimeter rei, exit 5a/b on 400) and the road was still two lane, so the traffic was already heinous. in the evening ride home, i used to get a ton of ticked off drivers because i was riding past lines of cars 1/2 mile + long at several of the intersections. i would ride from powers ferry to peachtree industrial and could make it in about the same time on a bike as in a car.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Just to throw out another name, Chattanooga traffic is usually pretty bad.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
The funeral service for the Bramblett’s is this afternoon. Let us all be in prayer for those two children. I can’t fathom the thought of losing both parents at their age. May our Lord comfort them today.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
It could be that he had a few too many sleepless nights. I have heard several days without sleep is the equivalent of being drunk. The falling asleep would explain why he was not hurt as bad. There would be no tensing up if you were asleep.

God knows in my college days I had many all nighters that extend 2 and 3 nights. I had no business driving then. Thankfully nothing ever happened.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Just reread that report and looked at the Google Maps street view of the intersection from February.

It was just after 6 p.m. that Saturday evening. The 16-year-old driver – a Lee Scott Academy student – was traveling southbound in the outside lane on Shug Jordan Parkway approaching West Samford Avenue in his Jeep Laredo.

The Brambletts, in a 2017 Toyota Highlander, were stopped in the southbound outside lane of Shug Jordan parkway at a traffic light. The Jeep struck the Bramblett’s SUV to the right of center, according to the crash report. The impact caused the Jeep to hit a pedestrian crossing signal and a traffic light police before coming to a final rest.

The Bramblett’s vehicle was pushed into the intersection and through the opposing lanes of traffic before coming to a final rest on the curb.
For the Jeep to hit the pedestrian crossing signal and then hit the traffic light pole before stopping, he had to be flying.

I am curious about the Bramblett's car, though. They didn't hit anything?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Can they prove he was high? (Answer: no they cannot)

If he was driving reckless, that is enough for a conviction. The marijuana stuff just seems like the DA trying turn the screws and goad a plea deal so they can get some adaboys from the partisan locals.
Would depend on what his toxicology reports from going to the hospital show.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Not arguing any points...Horrible situation, but didn't he fall asleep at the wheel? I don't recall 100%, but wasn't it daytime...on a busy road? Sounds kinda high to me?
Don’t think there’s any indication he was high at the time, simply that he popped positive. Marijuana stays in your system a long time.

Poor kid.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Not arguing any points...Horrible situation, but didn't he fall asleep at the wheel? I don't recall 100%, but wasn't it daytime...on a busy road? Sounds kinda high to me?
That’s what he told police. Could have been the truth or could have been a teenager trying to explain it in hopes of not getting in serious trouble.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.