Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods

I call Bravo Sierra. No way a coach actively recruiting a kid would say ‘We can win with you, or we can win without you’. Not to him , his dad or his family. No matter how true that statement may be! Plus, the notion that Nick is not around the players isn’t true. All the practice shows last year on ESPN had Nick on the field teaching technique . Just ask Henry Ruggs. Looks like a hit piece by dawgnation to help with recruiting!
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    I call Bravo Sierra. No way a coach actively recruiting a kid would say ‘We can win with you, or we can win without you’. Not to him , his dad or his family. No matter how true that statement may be! Plus, the notion that Nick is not around the players isn’t true. All the practice shows last year on ESPN had Nick on the field teaching technique . Just ask Henry Ruggs. Looks like a hit piece by dawgnation to help with recruiting!
    Several players on your roster have said that they were told that by Saban himself. But it is placed in context. If this is all that he took away from that conversation then he already had his mind made up when he heard it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Several players on your roster have said that they were told that by Saban himself. But it is placed in context. If this is all that he took away from that conversation then he already had his mind made up when he heard it.
    Yes, I believe it started with Julio IIRC.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    He said the same thing to Julio Jones when we might've needed Julio more than he needed Bama. Alpha personality types respect that. There is a reason why Julio Jones is likely a HoFer.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation All-SEC

Trey Sanders 3rd tier says it all !

All I will say is what comes around goes around.
    Kind of like what's his face at UM the stupid stuff will only go so far. Eventually you have to produce (national championships) or you're just another blow hard who can't get it done.
    Formerly known as BamaInCummingGa

Kirby is a Tool!

BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

Not dirty enough I guess. Hes still 0-2 against Saban.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Agreed, but if he did not provide that context (that it was 3 years old), then he was still lying to recruits.

That said, this kid looks like one that I am happy not to have on campus. He has some serious attitude problems.
    It appears from the article that his father has an equally serious attitude problem. We do not need that kind of noise.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation First Team

Being able to make Bama have to play a lot of their 1st string in the 4th qtr is enough to make the UGA fans giddy.
    Kirby will do anything trying to gain an edge on Coach Saban. 2 or 3 years of coaching stability at Bama could close his window of opportunity.

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    He said the same thing to Julio Jones when we might've needed Julio more than he needed Bama. Alpha personality types respect that. There is a reason why Julio Jones is likely a HoFer.
    CPB was also known to say that to recruits...and for the top tier coaches, that is true.

On another note -- back from 3 weeks in Europe on a River Cruise...what a great vacation! Lots of cathedrals, palaces and castles -- and too much food. Missed TF but decided to take a break and focus on other stuff. Looks like you all made it just fine without me...LOL!
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation First Team

Just read this on DawgNation: https://www.dawgnation.com/football/...ama-ohio-state

So, Kirby is still passing around "lists" from Alabama. Somehow he has a list that has Trey Sanders, the best RB in that class, as 3rd tier. The list is clearly bogus, which means that Kirby is now actively lying to recruits to gain an advantage.

GA may soon match TN and UM in my disgust.
    Just out of curiosity, how would Kirby get his hands on a Bama RB recruiting list? After all, this had to be a recent list. Is somebody inside the Bama program feeding him inside Tide info? I doubt it!

FWIW, not every HS player is going to like how Bama recruits. Remember these are 18 year old kids with hyper sports Dad's... Mom's too. Justin Fields Dad made sure to put his $.02 about how UGA used his son. It happens.

I don't think Trey Sanders would be Tier III if it was that recent...and why??? That's the low water mark the it comes to respect for those that had a HUGE hand in getting you where you are...And you still haven't beaten Bama...Auburn Lite when it comes to this crap...
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how would Kirby get his hands on a Bama RB recruiting list? After all, this had to be a recent list. Is somebody inside the Bama program feeding him inside Tide info? I doubt it!

FWIW, not every HS player is going to like how Bama recruits. Remember these are 18 year old kids with hyper sports Dad's... Mom's too. Justin Fields Dad made sure to put his $.02 about how UGA used his son. It happens.
    Last edited by The Ols; June 3rd, 2019 at 11:52 AM.