Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 45
  1. #27
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    23,161
    Thread Starter

    Re: Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how would Kirby get his hands on a Bama RB recruiting list? After all, this had to be a recent list. Is somebody inside the Bama program feeding him inside Tide info? I doubt it!
    Ols covered where it came from, but you are missing the point on purpose. Kirby is doing "negative recruiting" and he is purposely lying to recruits to get them on campus. I'm not saying that it will backfire on him because people do crappy things all the time and get away with it, but Kirby is not an ethical guy.

    When we had Tressell lie to the NCAA, I felt like garbage. Then we hired Meyer and I felt like garbage. I allowed myself to believe that Meyer had changed - but guys like that don't change. You have a guy like that leading your football program at Georgia. Eventually, he is going to make you feel dirty.

  2. #28
    BamaNation All-SEC Blindside13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Near the Barn
    Posts
    1,846

    Re: Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how would Kirby get his hands on a Bama RB recruiting list? After all, this had to be a recent list. Is somebody inside the Bama program feeding him inside Tide info? I doubt it!

    FWIW, not every HS player is going to like how Bama recruits. Remember these are 18 year old kids with hyper sports Dad's... Mom's too. Justin Fields Dad made sure to put his $.02 about how UGA used his son. It happens.
    See things any way you want to through your red and black glasses, but Kirby has done some very questionable things in recruiting since he left Bama.

  3. #29
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    360

    Re: Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Ols covered where it came from, but you are missing the point on purpose. Kirby is doing "negative recruiting" and he is purposely lying to recruits to get them on campus. I'm not saying that it will backfire on him because people do crappy things all the time and get away with it, but Kirby is not an ethical guy.
    When we had Tressell lie to the NCAA, I felt like garbage. Then we hired Meyer and I felt like garbage. I allowed myself to believe that Meyer had changed - but guys like that don't change. You have a guy like that leading your football program at Georgia. Eventually, he is going to make you feel dirty.
    B1gTide -
    Perhaps I have my head in the sand and Kirby is the only coach in America recruiting negatively against other programs. But let's say for arguments sake you're correct, wouldn't these players and parents find out CKS was lying and expose him? Don't you think Paul Finebaum and the rest of the sports media would jump at the chance to tell that juicy story? I can see the headlines now, "Breaking: Kirby Smart has embedded Mole in Tuscaloosa". This kid is saying he didn't like the way Bama was recruiting him (it was more than just the list BTW) and somehow that is Kirby's fault? Do you honestly believe a recruiting hierarchy list was the reason Mac didn't commit to Bama? Why would you or any Bama fan care... especially after the Tide landed Trey Sanders?

    If I was an Ohio St. fan I'd be more concerned about what's happening in Columbus Ohio than Athens Georgia!

  4. #30
    BamaNation All-SEC The Ols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cumming,Ga.
    Posts
    1,537

    Re: Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods

    If I was a Dawg fan I'd be more concerned about my own program than the Blue Bloods with more recent Championships than your ONE 39 years ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    B1gTide -
    Perhaps I have my head in the sand and Kirby is the only coach in America recruiting negatively against other programs. But let's say for arguments sake you're correct, wouldn't these players and parents find out CKS was lying and expose him? Don't you think Paul Finebaum and the rest of the sports media would jump at the chance to tell that juicy story? I can see the headlines now, "Breaking: Kirby Smart has embedded Mole in Tuscaloosa". This kid is saying he didn't like the way Bama was recruiting him (it was more than just the list BTW) and somehow that is Kirby's fault? Do you honestly believe a recruiting hierarchy list was the reason Mac didn't commit to Bama? Why would you or any Bama fan care... especially after the Tide landed Trey Sanders?

    If I was an Ohio St. fan I'd be more concerned about what's happening in Columbus Ohio than Athens Georgia!
    Last edited by The Ols; June 3rd, 2019 at 01:26 PM.

  5. #31
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    23,161
    Thread Starter

    Re: Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    B1gTide -
    Perhaps I have my head in the sand and Kirby is the only coach in America recruiting negatively against other programs. But let's say for arguments sake you're correct, wouldn't these players and parents find out CKS was lying and expose him? Don't you think Paul Finebaum and the rest of the sports media would jump at the chance to tell that juicy story? I can see the headlines now, "Breaking: Kirby Smart has embedded Mole in Tuscaloosa". This kid is saying he didn't like the way Bama was recruiting him (it was more than just the list BTW) and somehow that is Kirby's fault? Do you honestly believe a recruiting hierarchy list was the reason Mac didn't commit to Bama? Why would you or any Bama fan care... especially after the Tide landed Trey Sanders?

    If I was an Ohio St. fan I'd be more concerned about what's happening in Columbus Ohio than Athens Georgia!
    Several players have said that they were lied to by Kirby. Your former QB, Fields, now plays for OSU because of the lies. Yes, his transfer papers speak to racism, but he made it clear long before that Kirby lied to him. And several players have talked about the "Alabama lists". But I get the desire to bury your head. I don't hold it against you. Like I said, I have done the same thing. But the evidence is there if you are every interested in looking for it.

    As for Ohio State - I am worried. Football is the least of our concerns right now.

  6. #32
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,553

    Re: Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how would Kirby get his hands on a Bama RB recruiting list? After all, this had to be a recent list. Is somebody inside the Bama program feeding him inside Tide info? I doubt it!

    FWIW, not every HS player is going to like how Bama recruits. Remember these are 18 year old kids with hyper sports Dad's... Mom's too. Justin Fields Dad made sure to put his $.02 about how UGA used his son. It happens.
    Using Photoshop is the same as lying...

  7. #33
    FB|BB Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    5,011

    Re: Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    B1gTide -
    Perhaps I have my head in the sand and Kirby is the only coach in America recruiting negatively against other programs. But let's say for arguments sake you're correct, wouldn't these players and parents find out CKS was lying and expose him? Don't you think Paul Finebaum and the rest of the sports media would jump at the chance to tell that juicy story? I can see the headlines now, "Breaking: Kirby Smart has embedded Mole in Tuscaloosa". This kid is saying he didn't like the way Bama was recruiting him (it was more than just the list BTW) and somehow that is Kirby's fault? Do you honestly believe a recruiting hierarchy list was the reason Mac didn't commit to Bama? Why would you or any Bama fan care... especially after the Tide landed Trey Sanders?

    If I was an Ohio St. fan I'd be more concerned about what's happening in Columbus Ohio than Athens Georgia!
    Interesting perspective coming from a Georgia fan who gives every indication of being at least as interested in the goings-on in Tuscaloosa as he is those in Athens.

    You're right on one thing though -- lies do catch up. Either Kirby will stop, or players (and at least as importantly, their parents) will stop listening.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

  8. #34
    BamaNation All-American bamamc1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haleyville, AL
    Posts
    3,319

    Re: Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods

    UF beats UGA this year. Wait and see.

  9. #35
    BamaNation First Team T Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Southern Adirondack mountains of upstate NY
    Posts
    335

    Re: Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods

    Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    UF beats UGA this year. Wait and see.
    from your lips to GOD's ear......................

  10. #36
    BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Hoover
    Posts
    3,570

    Re: Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods

    Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    UF beats UGA this year. Wait and see.
    Will be a good game but the Bulldogs have way more talent. Competitive 3.5 quarters.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present." Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

    Right back at you Fred, Daniel and everyone else. 143

  11. #37
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    8,913

    Re: Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Will be a good game but the Bulldogs have way more talent. Competitive 3.5 quarters.
    Yep. UF/UGA is the East equivalent of Bama/LSWho and UF will keep it close but not win. As you say, too much talent on that UGA roster.

  12. #38
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,553

    Re: Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods

    If UF can find a better qb than Franks, they could be really, really good this year.

    Mullen has been pretty good about finding qbs, but not sure he has found one for this season. We shall see...

  13. #39
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    360

    Re: Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods

    Quote Originally Posted by bamamc1 View Post
    UF beats UGA this year. Wait and see.
    Not with their offensive line!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear