Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Agreed, but if he did not provide that context (that it was 3 years old), then he was still lying to recruits.

That said, this kid looks like one that I am happy not to have on campus. He has some serious attitude problems.
It appears from the article that his father has an equally serious attitude problem. We do not need that kind of noise.

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA
Being able to make Bama have to play a lot of their 1st string in the 4th qtr is enough to make the UGA fans giddy.
Kirby will do anything trying to gain an edge on Coach Saban. 2 or 3 years of coaching stability at Bama could close his window of opportunity.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
He said the same thing to Julio Jones when we might've needed Julio more than he needed Bama. Alpha personality types respect that. There is a reason why Julio Jones is likely a HoFer.
CPB was also known to say that to recruits...and for the top tier coaches, that is true.

On another note -- back from 3 weeks in Europe on a River Cruise...what a great vacation! Lots of cathedrals, palaces and castles -- and too much food. Missed TF but decided to take a break and focus on other stuff. Looks like you all made it just fine without me...LOL!

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
Just read this on DawgNation: https://www.dawgnation.com/football...motivated-by-episodes-with-alabama-ohio-state

So, Kirby is still passing around "lists" from Alabama. Somehow he has a list that has Trey Sanders, the best RB in that class, as 3rd tier. The list is clearly bogus, which means that Kirby is now actively lying to recruits to gain an advantage.

GA may soon match TN and UM in my disgust.
Just out of curiosity, how would Kirby get his hands on a Bama RB recruiting list? After all, this had to be a recent list. Is somebody inside the Bama program feeding him inside Tide info? I doubt it!

FWIW, not every HS player is going to like how Bama recruits. Remember these are 18 year old kids with hyper sports Dad's... Mom's too. Justin Fields Dad made sure to put his $.02 about how UGA used his son. It happens.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I don't think Trey Sanders would be Tier III if it was that recent...and why??? That's the low water mark the it comes to respect for those that had a HUGE hand in getting you where you are...And you still haven't beaten Bama...Auburn Lite when it comes to this crap...
Just out of curiosity, how would Kirby get his hands on a Bama RB recruiting list? After all, this had to be a recent list. Is somebody inside the Bama program feeding him inside Tide info? I doubt it!

FWIW, not every HS player is going to like how Bama recruits. Remember these are 18 year old kids with hyper sports Dad's... Mom's too. Justin Fields Dad made sure to put his $.02 about how UGA used his son. It happens.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Ols covered where it came from, but you are missing the point on purpose. Kirby is doing "negative recruiting" and he is purposely lying to recruits to get them on campus. I'm not saying that it will backfire on him because people do crappy things all the time and get away with it, but Kirby is not an ethical guy.

When we had Tressell lie to the NCAA, I felt like garbage. Then we hired Meyer and I felt like garbage. I allowed myself to believe that Meyer had changed - but guys like that don't change. You have a guy like that leading your football program at Georgia. Eventually, he is going to make you feel dirty.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

See things any way you want to through your red and black glasses, but Kirby has done some very questionable things in recruiting since he left Bama.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
Ols covered where it came from, but you are missing the point on purpose. Kirby is doing "negative recruiting" and he is purposely lying to recruits to get them on campus. I'm not saying that it will backfire on him because people do crappy things all the time and get away with it, but Kirby is not an ethical guy.
When we had Tressell lie to the NCAA, I felt like garbage. Then we hired Meyer and I felt like garbage. I allowed myself to believe that Meyer had changed - but guys like that don't change. You have a guy like that leading your football program at Georgia. Eventually, he is going to make you feel dirty.
B1gTide -
Perhaps I have my head in the sand and Kirby is the only coach in America recruiting negatively against other programs. But let's say for arguments sake you're correct, wouldn't these players and parents find out CKS was lying and expose him? Don't you think Paul Finebaum and the rest of the sports media would jump at the chance to tell that juicy story? I can see the headlines now, "Breaking: Kirby Smart has embedded Mole in Tuscaloosa". This kid is saying he didn't like the way Bama was recruiting him (it was more than just the list BTW) and somehow that is Kirby's fault? Do you honestly believe a recruiting hierarchy list was the reason Mac didn't commit to Bama? Why would you or any Bama fan care... especially after the Tide landed Trey Sanders?

If I was an Ohio St. fan I'd be more concerned about what's happening in Columbus Ohio than Athens Georgia!

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
If I was a Dawg fan I'd be more concerned about my own program than the Blue Bloods with more recent Championships than your ONE 39 years ago...
B1gTide -
Perhaps I have my head in the sand and Kirby is the only coach in America recruiting negatively against other programs. But let's say for arguments sake you're correct, wouldn't these players and parents find out CKS was lying and expose him? Don't you think Paul Finebaum and the rest of the sports media would jump at the chance to tell that juicy story? I can see the headlines now, "Breaking: Kirby Smart has embedded Mole in Tuscaloosa". This kid is saying he didn't like the way Bama was recruiting him (it was more than just the list BTW) and somehow that is Kirby's fault? Do you honestly believe a recruiting hierarchy list was the reason Mac didn't commit to Bama? Why would you or any Bama fan care... especially after the Tide landed Trey Sanders?

If I was an Ohio St. fan I'd be more concerned about what's happening in Columbus Ohio than Athens Georgia!

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
B1gTide -

Several players have said that they were lied to by Kirby. Your former QB, Fields, now plays for OSU because of the lies. Yes, his transfer papers speak to racism, but he made it clear long before that Kirby lied to him. And several players have talked about the "Alabama lists". But I get the desire to bury your head. I don't hold it against you. Like I said, I have done the same thing. But the evidence is there if you are every interested in looking for it.

As for Ohio State - I am worried. Football is the least of our concerns right now.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Using Photoshop is the same as lying... :cool2:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
B1gTide -

Interesting perspective coming from a Georgia fan who gives every indication of being at least as interested in the goings-on in Tuscaloosa as he is those in Athens.

You're right on one thing though -- lies do catch up. Either Kirby will stop, or players (and at least as importantly, their parents) will stop listening.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
If UF can find a better qb than Franks, they could be really, really good this year.

Mullen has been pretty good about finding qbs, but not sure he has found one for this season. We shall see...:cool2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.