Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Just read this on DawgNation: https://www.dawgnation.com/football...motivated-by-episodes-with-alabama-ohio-state

It didn’t take long for incoming Georgia tailback Kenny McIntosh to figure out how the recruiting game worked.
Richard McIntosh could feel himself burning when the text message arrived on his phone. It was a picture of what he was told was an Alabama staff recruiting list that had his youngest son in a less-than-flattering place entering the 2018 season.
Kenny McIntosh admits being labeled “second tier” is added motivation, and his unofficial visit to Alabama rubbed him the wrong way. “It’s just how Alabama was; one of the coaches said, ‘If you come here we’re going to win, and if you don’t, we’re still going to win,’ and that’s how they came off,” McIntosh said. “Coach (Kirby) Smart didn’t and doesn’t come off like that.
“He knows how to talk to players, and I think it was because he played,” McIntosh said. “You know how Nick is, he’s not really with the players, but you see how Kirby was in the locker room (celebrating) with players after beating Auburn.”
As for the 2018 preseason list, former UGA tailback commit and LSU signee John Emery was listed under “Top Tier” and eventual Tide tailback signee Trey Sanders was “3rd Tier.”
So, Kirby is still passing around "lists" from Alabama. Somehow he has a list that has Trey Sanders, the best RB in that class, as 3rd tier. The list is clearly bogus, which means that Kirby is now actively lying to recruits to gain an advantage.

GA may soon match TN and UM in my disgust.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Not shocked by this...........of course, I’d love to see Saban address this, but he isn’t going to waste time with the pettiness. I guess if you lose 2 times, you get desperate

Of course, I bet they couldn’t produce a list if called out........smells like a lie by a desperate SEC team

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This list was of 2018 kids? Very possible Kirby had the actual list then. Just so happens it would have been three years old and wouldn’t have been very accurate at the time it was used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This list was of 2018 kids? Very possible Kirby had the actual list then. Just so happens it would have been three years old and wouldn’t have been very accurate at the time it was used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, but if he did not provide that context (that it was 3 years old), then he was still lying to recruits.

That said, this kid looks like one that I am happy not to have on campus. He has some serious attitude problems.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
lol we got the ones at rb we wanted last year. Kirby better win a championship or he'll get Richted
Yep, as in " National " IMO. With the talent he`s got, there`s no excuse for not winning a national championship in the next two years. I fail to see how even the most diehard UGA fan can`t agree with that. Dawgbyte???

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Agreed, but if he did not provide that context (that it was 3 years old), then he was still lying to recruits.

That said, this kid looks like one that I am happy not to have on campus. He has some serious attitude problems.
If it was from three years ago, Trey Sanders wasn't top tier then anyways...

So as mentioned earlier, Kirby is lying or using Photoshop in a very unethical way.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Yep, as in " National " IMO. With the talent he`s got, there`s no excuse for not winning a national championship in the next two years. I fail to see how even the most diehard UGA fan can`t agree with that. Dawgbyte???
Well, maybe one reason... Coach Saban. ;)

alabamafan1

Feb 21, 2019
First off smart is an arrogant twit who was made by Saban. He should be grateful for the opportunity as itll be the last time he ever coaches. The fans at uga are hilarious how they've never won anything but act like they are on the same level as Bama. The false bravado is astounding on a level Ive never witnessed except for the war dumbers.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I call Bravo Sierra. No way a coach actively recruiting a kid would say ‘We can win with you, or we can win without you’. Not to him , his dad or his family. No matter how true that statement may be! Plus, the notion that Nick is not around the players isn’t true. All the practice shows last year on ESPN had Nick on the field teaching technique . Just ask Henry Ruggs. Looks like a hit piece by dawgnation to help with recruiting!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I call Bravo Sierra. No way a coach actively recruiting a kid would say ‘We can win with you, or we can win without you’. Not to him , his dad or his family. No matter how true that statement may be! Plus, the notion that Nick is not around the players isn’t true. All the practice shows last year on ESPN had Nick on the field teaching technique . Just ask Henry Ruggs. Looks like a hit piece by dawgnation to help with recruiting!
Several players on your roster have said that they were told that by Saban himself. But it is placed in context. If this is all that he took away from that conversation then he already had his mind made up when he heard it.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Several players on your roster have said that they were told that by Saban himself. But it is placed in context. If this is all that he took away from that conversation then he already had his mind made up when he heard it.
Yes, I believe it started with Julio IIRC.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He said the same thing to Julio Jones when we might've needed Julio more than he needed Bama. Alpha personality types respect that. There is a reason why Julio Jones is likely a HoFer.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
All I will say is what comes around goes around.
Kind of like what's his face at UM the stupid stuff will only go so far. Eventually you have to produce (national championships) or you're just another blow hard who can't get it done.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.