Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods

Just read this on DawgNation: https://www.dawgnation.com/football/...ama-ohio-state

It didn’t take long for incoming Georgia tailback Kenny McIntosh to figure out how the recruiting game worked.
    Richard McIntosh could feel himself burning when the text message arrived on his phone. It was a picture of what he was told was an Alabama staff recruiting list that had his youngest son in a less-than-flattering place entering the 2018 season.
    Kenny McIntosh admits being labeled “second tier” is added motivation, and his unofficial visit to Alabama rubbed him the wrong way. “It’s just how Alabama was; one of the coaches said, ‘If you come here we’re going to win, and if you don’t, we’re still going to win,’ and that’s how they came off,” McIntosh said. “Coach (Kirby) Smart didn’t and doesn’t come off like that.
    “He knows how to talk to players, and I think it was because he played,” McIntosh said. “You know how Nick is, he’s not really with the players, but you see how Kirby was in the locker room (celebrating) with players after beating Auburn.”
    As for the 2018 preseason list, former UGA tailback commit and LSU signee John Emery was listed under “Top Tier” and eventual Tide tailback signee Trey Sanders was “3rd Tier.”
    So, Kirby is still passing around "lists" from Alabama. Somehow he has a list that has Trey Sanders, the best RB in that class, as 3rd tier. The list is clearly bogus, which means that Kirby is now actively lying to recruits to gain an advantage.

GA may soon match TN and UM in my disgust.

BamaNation First Team

Re: Kirby Still Using Dirty Recruiting Methods

Is the LSU football program recruiting like their basketball program?

BamaNation All-American

Not shocked by this...........of course, I’d love to see Saban address this, but he isn’t going to waste time with the pettiness. I guess if you lose 2 times, you get desperate

Of course, I bet they couldn’t produce a list if called out........smells like a lie by a desperate SEC team
    Last edited by Keeter; May 26th, 2019 at 10:26 AM.

This list was of 2018 kids? Very possible Kirby had the actual list then. Just so happens it would have been three years old and wouldn’t have been very accurate at the time it was used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Maybe this year Saban will actually rip his heart out instead of metaphorically.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    This list was of 2018 kids? Very possible Kirby had the actual list then. Just so happens it would have been three years old and wouldn’t have been very accurate at the time it was used.

Agreed, but if he did not provide that context (that it was 3 years old), then he was still lying to recruits.

That said, this kid looks like one that I am happy not to have on campus. He has some serious attitude problems.

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Maybe this year Saban will actually rip his heart out instead of metaphorically.
    Personally am in favor of Saban meeting him at midfield with a Stunner.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American

lol we got the ones at rb we wanted last year. Kirby better win a championship or he'll get Richted

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    lol we got the ones at rb we wanted last year. Kirby better win a championship or he'll get Richted
    That’s a common sentiment I hear alot

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    Yep, as in " National " IMO. With the talent he`s got, there`s no excuse for not winning a national championship in the next two years. I fail to see how even the most diehard UGA fan can`t agree with that. Dawgbyte???

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Agreed, but if he did not provide that context (that it was 3 years old), then he was still lying to recruits.

That said, this kid looks like one that I am happy not to have on campus. He has some serious attitude problems.
    If it was from three years ago, Trey Sanders wasn't top tier then anyways...

So as mentioned earlier, Kirby is lying or using Photoshop in a very unethical way.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Yep, as in " National " IMO. With the talent he`s got, there`s no excuse for not winning a national championship in the next two years. I fail to see how even the most diehard UGA fan can`t agree with that. Dawgbyte???
    Well, maybe one reason... Coach Saban.

BamaNation Scout Team

First off smart is an arrogant twit who was made by Saban. He should be grateful for the opportunity as itll be the last time he ever coaches. The fans at uga are hilarious how they've never won anything but act like they are on the same level as Bama. The false bravado is astounding on a level Ive never witnessed except for the war dumbers.