Do you remember the down years for Alabama football? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Do you remember the down years for Alabama football?

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Marvin, remember Marlin Dyess' long pass reception to set up the FG? The only Div I player I ever knew smaller than I. Then there was Darwin Holt, playing LB at my size. He was a friend. Different world...
    I know Scooter. When I met him, I was really surprised at how short he really was. You can't judge a book by its cover...

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Marvin, remember Marlin Dyess' long pass reception to set up the FG? The only Div I player I ever knew smaller than I. Then there was Darwin Holt, playing LB at my size. He was a friend. Different world...
    Mark McMillan was a little guy too. He was 5'-7" and playing DB. Almost every receiver he covered towered over him. He even played several years in the NFL.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by RollinTider1335 View Post
    Me too brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Graduated in 1998. Got there in fall of 93, thinking, well this is going to be a fun 4 years. I just knew Stallings retiring would be a minor hurdle. Talent was there, Florida was the big bad bear we had to deal with. Who knew that Tennessee would rise like they did, Auburn would continue to irritate us, and Florida would always be a power during that stretch? The East was pounding everyone. Nebraska was pretty much the top of the world in college football.

2019 looks a lot different.