summer enrollee discussion

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
So according to my well outdated files the following guys are supposed to report now or possibly as late as fall

RB's Keilan Robinson & Trey Sanders
TE Jahleel Billingsley
LB's King Mwikuta and Christian Harris
DL's Byron Young, Braylen Ingram and Ishmael Sopsher
DB's Marcus Banks, Brandon Turnage, Jordan Battle and Demarcco Hellams

Has anyone heard any news about this crew? I saw one article about King Mwikuta that said he was going to be an outside linebacker, which I was thinking maybe he could play inside but apparently not.

Which of these guys do you think are going to make an impact?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
-- Freshmen players who didn’t enroll early were set to arrive Monday in Tuscaloosa. A few might be late if their high school semester went later but Saban said everyone who signed is expected to arrive without issue.
https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/05/nick-saban-tua-tagovailoa-needs-to-challenge-himself.html

We’ve got nine players coming in on defense and three more guys coming in on offense, and all those guys are going to get every shot over the summer and in fall camp to be able to compete with the guys that are here,” Saban said April 6. “So nobody’s going to be entitled to anything when it comes to next fall.” For many of the 12 remaining members of Alabama’s No. 1 ranked 2019 signing class set to move in and enroll on Monday, those words from Alabama’s venerable head coach represented what all newcomers want when coming into a well-established situation: an opportunity.
Joining Harris among the summer enrollees is five-star running back Trey Sanders of IMG Academy and 10 more four-star products from around the country, including safeties Jordan Battle, DeMarcco Hellams and Brandon Turnage; defensive tackles Ishmael Sopsher and Byron Young; defensive end Braylen Ingraham; outside linebacker King Mwikuta; cornerback Marcus Banks; running back Keilan Robinson and tight end Jahleel Billingsley.
https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.co...ged-sabans-comments-during-spring/1235943001/

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
More article:

Among the incoming contenders that could play a factor in Alabama’s secondary next season are a trio of talented four-star safety prospects in Battle, Hellams and Turnage, the latter of which is a converted cornerback who kept a close eye on how the safety position played out during spring.

“I kept tabs on it a lot,” the 6-1, 185-pound Turnage told the Advertiser last week. “I kind of knew what I was getting myself into by moving to the safety position, but I feel like I can do almost anything on the football field because I’m very athletic and I’m used to playing every position on the field.”

Sopsher, a 6-foot-4, 334-pounder from Louisiana, and Young, a 6-foot-3, 290-pound Mississippi product, are two more incoming enrollees that could immediately factor into Alabama’s defensive line rotation at a nose guard spot that already saw one true freshman, early enrollee DJ Dale, receive first-team reps during the A-Day spring game in April.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
My uneducated guess would be the DL have a shot at working into the rotation, same for the linebackers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I expect Trey Sanders, Sopsher, Turnage and others to get a long serious look in the fall camp. I got a feeling we will be using platoon system on DL, LB, RB and WRs.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
My uneducated guess would be the DL have a shot at working into the rotation, same for the linebackers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree on DL - lot of opportunity. same probably true at ILB, but with Mcmillon stepping up it might not be as much as we thought before spring. OLB depth is stacked with Jennings, Lewis, Allen and Anoma competing for the single OLB role in 3-4 and nickel packages and the two OLB slots we use in dime. Then there is Parks and possibly Latu although the move to TE might stick. That said, all those guys need to stay healthy, which has not happened in a while so with an injury or two the outside guys could get a shot

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.