2020 Prospect: 5* RB & #1 Player Zachary Evans

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
It was insane on the DawgNation board yesterday regarding Zach Evans. Wild speculations, misinformation and Trolls spreading fake news.

Here's what I know based on information from resources that have first person knowledge of the situation. As has been reported earlier in the season, Zach had an altercation with two members of the coaching staff following the first game of the season. The coaches wanted him off the team, however after an investigation the AD decided to suspend Zach and give him certain conditions for reinstatement. Evans met those conditions and played out the rest of the season.

Fast forward... insiders reported that ZE signed a LOI to UGA on ESD with the intention of making his commitment announcement during the UAAG. Twenty four hours prior to the UAAG Zach received news that he did not meet UGA ACT requirements. Obviously EE is out, but the plan is for ZE to be in Athens around the May/June timeframe.

As Deon said last night, Evans is a good kid. He made a mistake, admitted it and did what was asked of him to atone for that mistake. Not unusual.
Mom's NOT a solid source...

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
It was insane on the DawgNation board yesterday regarding Zach Evans. Wild speculations, misinformation and Trolls spreading fake news.

Here's what I know based on information from resources that have first person knowledge of the situation. As has been reported earlier in the season, Zach had an altercation with two members of the coaching staff following the first game of the season. The coaches wanted him off the team, however after an investigation the AD decided to suspend Zach and give him certain conditions for reinstatement. Evans met those conditions and played out the rest of the season.

Fast forward... insiders reported that ZE signed a LOI to UGA on ESD with the intention of making his commitment announcement during the UAAG. Twenty four hours prior to the UAAG Zach received news that he did not meet UGA ACT requirements. Obviously EE is out, but the plan is for ZE to be in Athens around the May/June timeframe.

As Deon said last night, Evans is a good kid. He made a mistake, admitted it and did what was asked of him to atone for that mistake. Not unusual.
Haha!

I suddenly get the visual of Dorothy tapping her slippers together and saying "There's no place like home! There's no place like home! ...." :LOL:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Someone please, a mercy kill of this story; it’s a Georgia train wreck and the stench is fouling Alabama boards. Let’s discuss the players we are getting.
Unfortunately there are several of these stories each year. It would seem Alabama signed two of them in consecutive years, thus helping our defensive woes.
I’m more concerned with a fan coming here defending his behavior. Kids are going to get away with what you let them get away with, fans should draw a line.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
A dawg friend of mine said Georgia won’t accept his LOI, now I see CBs to the aggies on 247 site , including from Georgia and LSU guys

Last edited:

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
I bet he’d love to come to Bama now........ they don’t need him though. I thought a certain poster all but assured us he was UGA’s for the taking
He most definitely would...he actually called Bama and asked to sign during the early NSD. Bama told him they were full at RB. The staff grew tired of his antics. UGA released him from his LOI and he is expected to go with Texas A&M. He can't sign though since he already signed once so they will most likely be sweating it until he arrives on campus.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
He most definitely would...he actually called Bama and asked to sign during the early NSD. Bama told him they were full at RB. The staff grew tired of his antics. UGA released him from his LOI and he is expected to go with Texas A&M. He can't sign though since he already signed once so they will most likely be sweating it until he arrives on campus.
There’s a lesson to be learned there, but I’m not sure he did

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I see the Aggies are recruiting a fourth RB in this class, 4* Darvon Hubbard. I Guess that means they have moved on from Evans. Either that or Evans told Him where he plans to enroll in the fall!
Evans visited Ole Miss. that would make for a heckuva tandem of Ealy and Evans . I see 247 is giving Florida a shot with Evans. I would be all for that, let him give Kirby fits and keep him away from the west.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.