2020 Prospect: 5* RB & #1 Player Zachary Evans

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I wonder what the #1 RB in the country has to do to get suspended for essentially a third of the HS regular season.

This is a huge red flag.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
Can someone supply a link, because I haven't seen any published report on the incident or suspension?

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
there is talk that he could be suspended for 1 game, 3 games as previously mentioned or the entire season. the situation is fluid and coaches can always change their minds on the type of disciplines handed out . furthermore, how does Evans handle adversity will be key as well. since he is a high profile player playing in the top division in the state f Texas, this is big news in the Houston area and the overall Texas football landscape.

TIFWIW, there has been some strong rumblings that Bama has moved on from Evans. this latest incident can't help matters for sure.

Tom Luginbill's recruiting show on Sirius XM said that Evans may not have a committable offer from Alabama at this time due to maturity issues.

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I don't know if you guys recalled awhile back when Evans visited UA , RB Coach Huff made a comment that many believe drove Evans away from Bama and into Texas AM and UGA.

Huff basically told him on that visit that he wasn't mature enough to start at RB for Bama right now. Evans got upset and then apparently went on IG live saying " blank Bama" a few times. A few days later A&M was his new leader, which lasted like a week or two until he visited UGA and then they became his new leader.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I don't know if you guys recalled awhile back when Evans visited UA , RB Coach Huff made a comment that many believe drove Evans away from Bama and into Texas AM and UGA.

Huff basically told him on that visit that he wasn't mature enough to start at RB for Bama right now. Evans got upset and then apparently went on IG live saying " blank Bama" a few times. A few days later A&M was his new leader, which lasted like a week or two until he visited UGA and then they became his new leader.
Good stuff SJC. Sounds like he has some growing up to do and if what you have stated is true he would not fit in well in T-town. I was wondering why we took the LA RB's commitment but I do now.

Last edited:

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
there is talk that he could be suspended for 1 game, 3 games as previously mentioned or the entire season. the situation is fluid and coaches can always change their minds on the type of disciplines handed out . furthermore, how does Evans handle adversity will be key as well. since he is a high profile player playing in the top division in the state f Texas, this is big news in the Houston area and the overall Texas football landscape.

TIFWIW, there has been some strong rumblings that Bama has moved on from Evans. this latest incident can't help matters for sure.

Tom Luginbill's recruiting show on Sirius XM said that Evans may not have a committable offer from Alabama at this time due to maturity issues.
Well you are not going to get any Dawg fans to believe this at all. They just stole him from us is all we will here on signing day.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.