2020 Prospect: 5* RB & #1 Player Zachary Evans - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    FB|BB Moderator

Re: 5* RB & #1 Player Zachary Evans

I wonder what the #1 RB in the country has to do to get suspended for essentially a third of the HS regular season.

This is a huge red flag.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation First Team

Can someone supply a link, because I haven't seen any published report on the incident or suspension?

BamaNation All-SEC

Can't find anything either, may be just a bad rumor

BamaNation Second Team Blindside17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAVILLE View Post
    Can't find anything either, may be just a bad rumor
    Should find out something tomorrow night...

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

there is talk that he could be suspended for 1 game, 3 games as previously mentioned or the entire season. the situation is fluid and coaches can always change their minds on the type of disciplines handed out . furthermore, how does Evans handle adversity will be key as well. since he is a high profile player playing in the top division in the state f Texas, this is big news in the Houston area and the overall Texas football landscape.

TIFWIW, there has been some strong rumblings that Bama has moved on from Evans. this latest incident can't help matters for sure.

Tom Luginbill's recruiting show on Sirius XM said that Evans may not have a committable offer from Alabama at this time due to maturity issues.
    Last edited by sanjosecrimson; September 5th, 2019 at 12:53 PM.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

I don't know if you guys recalled awhile back when Evans visited UA , RB Coach Huff made a comment that many believe drove Evans away from Bama and into Texas AM and UGA.

Huff basically told him on that visit that he wasn't mature enough to start at RB for Bama right now. Evans got upset and then apparently went on IG live saying " blank Bama" a few times. A few days later A&M was his new leader, which lasted like a week or two until he visited UGA and then they became his new leader.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    I don't know if you guys recalled awhile back when Evans visited UA , RB Coach Huff made a comment that many believe drove Evans away from Bama and into Texas AM and UGA.

Huff basically told him on that visit that he wasn't mature enough to start at RB for Bama right now. Evans got upset and then apparently went on IG live saying " blank Bama" a few times. A few days later A&M was his new leader, which lasted like a week or two until he visited UGA and then they became his new leader.
    Good stuff SJC. Sounds like he has some growing up to do and if what you have stated is true he would not fit in well in T-town. I was wondering why we took the LA RB's commitment but I do now.
    Last edited by TiderJack; September 5th, 2019 at 03:06 PM.

BamaNation Second Team Blindside17's Avatar

there is talk that he could be suspended for 1 game, 3 games as previously mentioned or the entire season. the situation is fluid and coaches can always change their minds on the type of disciplines handed out . furthermore, how does Evans handle adversity will be key as well. since he is a high profile player playing in the top division in the state f Texas, this is big news in the Houston area and the overall Texas football landscape.

TIFWIW, there has been some strong rumblings that Bama has moved on from Evans. this latest incident can't help matters for sure.

Tom Luginbill's recruiting show on Sirius XM said that Evans may not have a committable offer from Alabama at this time due to maturity issues.
    Well you are not going to get any Dawg fans to believe this at all. They just stole him from us is all we will here on signing day.

BamaNation All-American

If that is true, he just validated the "Immature" label that he got.

jawja can have him...

BamaNation First Team

I may be in the minority here but I don't see where anything good can come from Huff telling him that. If the kid doesn't fit your program then why not just back off. How did he expect Evans to react to that?

BamaNation All-American

This and the stories about him being suspended are true. Not doing details but every team not named puppies are in hold on him. Huge red flags from Evans. great prospect but is he worth the headache.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    This and the stories about him being suspended are true. Not doing details but every team not named puppies are in hold on him. Huge red flags from Evans. great prospect but is he worth the headache.
    That would be a big NOPE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMark. View Post
    I may be in the minority here but I don't see where anything good can come from Huff telling him that. If the kid doesn't fit your program then why not just back off. How did he expect Evans to react to that?
    Maybe take it as a sign to show maturity and grow up. Some do take constructive criticism to heart and try to get better.