2020 Prospect: 5* RB & #1 Player Zachary Evans

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Georgia fans are in denial. I’ve talked with some that said ZE was suspended because he knew he was going to UGA and his HS career was basically over, so he didn’t really care at that point. if that’s the case, sounds like he quit on his team.

I read posts on Dawgnation that blamed the coach, not the player, going as far as saying it was illegal to take someone’s property. I guess they feel it’s ok to disrupt team activities with your cell phone. I know if it was a teacher, and ZE was in class he couldn’t be on his phone!

sounds the Dawg fans will sell their soul at this point to win a championship. ZE already has made an IG comment- ‘We enrolling early, it's time to get that bag and compete’ . Nick moved on from this kid long ago, and it sounds like he had good reason!

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Georgia fans are in denial. I’ve talked with some that said ZE was suspended because he knew he was going to UGA and his HS career was basically over, so he didn’t really care at that point. if that’s the case, sounds like he quit on his team.
If that is true, he did in fact quit on his team. So how can GA fans defend a player like that?

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

I read posts on Dawgnation that blamed the coach, not the player, going as far as saying it was illegal to take someone’s property. I guess they feel it’s ok to disrupt team activities with your cell phone. I know if it was a teacher, and ZE was in class he couldn’t be on his phone!

sounds the Dawg fans will sell their soul at this point to win a championship. ZE already has made an IG comment- ‘We enrolling early, it's time to get that bag and compete’ . Nick moved on from this kid long ago, and it sounds like he had good reason!
They are definitely in denial...this isn't his first incident with trouble. Trouble and drama seem to always follow him.

Reactions: bamacon and B1GTide

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
He reached out to Alabama this past week about signing with Bama. He was basically told they were taking 3 RBs and didn't have room nor were they taking a 4th one. With his antics throughout his recruitment and recent issue with getting sent home, so glad that Alabama moved on from him. Kid would be another Anoma or Alfano....there is a reason Coach Saban spoke about this class being filled with high character guys...they don't want history to repeat itself with talented guys being an issue.
I always believe that coach Saban is always sending some sort of message with what he says. He rarely makes mistakes while speaking to the media. The high character was definitely something for some others in the past, present, or future to take notice of.

Reactions: BirminghamBAMA

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
I don’t know what to think of him or the situation. This is his second suspension this year. LSU wanted him badly, and early last week the predictions were 88% LSU, but he appears to have signed with UGA. I’ve read (haha) that UGAs other 5* RB Kendall Milton wanted evans to join him in Athens, but I also read that Milton is really irritated. Who knows. I know this much, I really, really don’t like Kirby. If Evans is a cancer as some history may suggest...good riddance

Reactions: B1GTide and The Ols

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Wait, what???

ZE already has made an IG comment- ‘We enrolling early, it's time to get that bag and compete’ . Nick moved on from this kid long ago, and it sounds like he had good reason!
[/QUOTE]

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
I don’t know what to think of him or the situation. This is his second suspension this year. LSU wanted him badly, and early last week the predictions were 88% LSU, but he appears to have signed with UGA. I’ve read (haha) that UGAs other 5* RB Kendall Milton wanted evans to join him in Athens, but I also read that Milton is really irritated. Who knows. I know this much, I really, really don’t like Kirby. If Evans is a cancer as some history may suggest...good riddance
If he did indeed sign with Georgia he or Milton or both will end up in the portal before it is all said and done. As far as Evens goes it appears our staff quit fooling with this kid a while back and obviously it appears to be a good thing..

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Getting suspended twice in one season is enough to move on......he sounds like potential trouble
[/QUOTE]

The kid is trouble. Knowing an administrator that knows the situation, the coach, AD and Principal were tired of his antics. He also retook the ACT 8 days ago (was late to state semi b/c he took the morning of the game) which likely means he does not have a qualifying score to be eligible. Can he even enroll early if he does not qualify?

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Getting suspended twice in one season is enough to move on......he sounds like potential trouble
The kid is trouble. Knowing an administrator that knows the situation, the coach, AD and Principal were tired of his antics. He also retook the ACT 8 days ago (was late to state semi b/c he took the morning of the game) which likely means he does not have a qualifying score to be eligible. Can he even enroll early if he does not qualify?
[/QUOTE]
I wouldn’t think so...... of course, who knows what will happen with him

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
[/QUOTE]

I know absolutely nothing about Evans other than what I read on TF. Still, a couple of observations from the outside looking in:

If he’s not academically qualified for the NCAA, he’s almost surely not academically qualified for whatever college he’s considering today.

Also, no matter who you ask, he’s in the top 3 prospects in the country at both his position and overall, across all positions. Can you imagine what he must have done to get suspended twice, one of which was for the state playoffs? And what he’s done over the course of the last 12-15 months that didn’t get him suspended?

This guy is a me-first, me-only, and me-always, cancer. He makes Johnny Manziel look like Bryce Young. Whoever signs him will regret it, and I have no doubt that our recent experience with highly-talented, but unbelievably overly-entitled, prospects played into our decision to back away weeks or months ago. Nobody is good enough to justify all this drama.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I know absolutely nothing about Evans other than what I read on TF. Still, a couple of observations from the outside looking in:

If he’s not academically qualified for the NCAA, he’s almost surely not academically qualified for whatever college he’s considering today.

Also, no matter who you ask, he’s in the top 3 prospects in the country at both his position and overall, across all positions. Can you imagine what he must have done to get suspended twice, one of which was for the state playoffs? And what he’s done over the course of the last 12-15 months that didn’t get him suspended?

This guy is a me-first, me-only, and me-always, cancer. He makes Johnny Manziel look like Bryce Young. Whoever signs him will regret it, and I have no doubt that our recent experience with highly-talented, but unbelievably overly-entitled, prospects played into our decision to back away weeks or months ago. Nobody is good enough to justify all this drama.
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely the kind that the Smarts and the Orgerons would sell their mothers to get, just on the off chance they MIGHT be able to get a year out of them before they have no choice but to kick them off the team.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I know it doesn’t always seem this way but there are still a LOT of good, old school coaches out there who go waaaayy above and beyond to help their players out. They take on multiple hats like other educators to whom actual teaching is down the list on what some of these kids need. That said, they also are not of a “win at all costs” mindset and when it is warranted they will sit a star athlete or boot them altogether when it is the right thing to do for the team (and frankly for that individual player). I know of one school and coach that literally gave away a state championship by suspending two of the best players that school ever had. When I asked the coach he said that if he had let them play he would not have been able to host the trophy but more importantly couldn’t look the other players in the eyes as a man. That coach has since retired but he still has the respect of the thousands of kids whom he coached and the admiration of the community and the parents whose kids he treated like sons...even the bad ones.

That’s also one of the things I’ve always admired about CNS and one thing that rarely gets mentioned in all the praise that comes his way. It’s also why he’s still coaching college football and is one of the most important things to him.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I know it doesn’t always seem this way but there are still a LOT of good, old school coaches out there who go waaaayy above and beyond to help their players out. They take on multiple hats like other educators to whom actual teaching is down the list on what some of these kids need. That said, they also are not of a “win at all costs” mindset and when it is warranted they will sit a star athlete or boot them altogether when it is the right thing to do for the team (and frankly for that individual player). I know of one school and coach that literally gave away a state championship by suspending two of the best players that school ever had. When I asked the coach he said that if he had let them play he would not have been able to host the trophy but more importantly couldn’t look the other players in the eyes as a man. That coach has since retired but he still has the respect of the thousands of kids whom he coached and the admiration of the community and the parents whose kids he treated like sons...even the bad ones.

That’s also one of the things I’ve always admired about CNS and one thing that rarely gets mentioned in all the praise that comes his way. It’s also why he’s still coaching college football and is one of the most important things to him.
Yes...the majority are really good quality persons who care about their kids and their future. Unfortunately, I've also witnessed coaches who used good athletes but tossed them aside when their eligibility was over. These were young men and women who needed academic help -- but never got it...usually coming from very poor and often broken homes. They finished high school but without the necessary grades, etc., to go to college.

I am so glad that those are the minor few...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

I think Saban looks at college coaching as a ministry.

That’s why he is so generous with forgiveness and second (or third) chances for players especially, but also assistant coaches. While I appreciate his efforts, he’s been more generous than I would have been (DJ Pettway and Jonathan Taylor).

At a point, though, a particularly recalcitrant case will force him to put the other 100+ people in the program ahead of continually trying to rehabilitate an individual who shows no signs of wanting to be helped.

I’m guessing he recognized the signs with Evans, and decided to spare the program and himself the inevitable headaches and expenditure of stomach acid.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.