2020 Prospect: 5* RB & #1 Player Zachary Evans

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I don't know if you guys recalled awhile back when Evans visited UA , RB Coach Huff made a comment that many believe drove Evans away from Bama and into Texas AM and UGA.

Huff basically told him on that visit that he wasn't mature enough to start at RB for Bama right now. Evans got upset and then apparently went on IG live saying " blank Bama" a few times. A few days later A&M was his new leader, which lasted like a week or two until he visited UGA and then they became his new leader.
If that is true, he just validated the "Immature" label that he got.

jawja can have him... :cool2:

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
I don't know if you guys recalled awhile back when Evans visited UA , RB Coach Huff made a comment that many believe drove Evans away from Bama and into Texas AM and UGA.

Huff basically told him on that visit that he wasn't mature enough to start at RB for Bama right now. Evans got upset and then apparently went on IG live saying " blank Bama" a few times. A few days later A&M was his new leader, which lasted like a week or two until he visited UGA and then they became his new leader.
I may be in the minority here but I don't see where anything good can come from Huff telling him that. If the kid doesn't fit your program then why not just back off. How did he expect Evans to react to that?

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

This and the stories about him being suspended are true. Not doing details but every team not named puppies are in hold on him. Huge red flags from Evans. great prospect but is he worth the headache.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
This and the stories about him being suspended are true. Not doing details but every team not named puppies are in hold on him. Huge red flags from Evans. great prospect but is he worth the headache.
That would be a big NOPE! :cool2:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I may be in the minority here but I don't see where anything good can come from Huff telling him that. If the kid doesn't fit your program then why not just back off. How did he expect Evans to react to that?
Maybe take it as a sign to show maturity and grow up. Some do take constructive criticism to heart and try to get better.

Reactions: IMALOYAL1

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Maybe take it as a sign to show maturity and grow up. Some do take constructive criticism to heart and try to get better.
Well hopefully he does. If he does decide to go to Ga I can see Kirby down the road slamming Bama for not taking this kid because he was immature. Yeah, we took this kid who was too immature to go to Bama and we molded him into a model student/athlete, yadda yadda yadda.... I think some things are just better left unsaid...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
His recruitment just gets weirder and weirder

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I don't know what Zach's issues are, but hopefully Saban will still go after him if he thinks he can help with his maturity without it being a detriment to the team. We do need another running back in addition to Roydell Williams.

I certainly don't want him going to UGA.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Yall need to stop all this nonsense about being honest and just admit the dawgs stole him. They are the new King man.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Also since this is going on and it certainly looks like he will not be in crimson. Any other names stand out currently? I know we have two committed but it seems I read somewhere we where looking to sign three.

Last edited:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Also since this is going on and it certainly looks like he will not be in crimson. Any other names stand out currently? I know we have two committed but it seems I read somewhere we where looking to sign three.
We're still recruiting the RB committed to Oklahoma. I forget his name.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Well hopefully he does. If he does decide to go to Ga I can see Kirby down the road slamming Bama for not taking this kid because he was immature. Yeah, we took this kid who was too immature to go to Bama and we molded him into a model student/athlete, yadda yadda yadda.... I think some things are just better left unsaid...
No offense to your post, but you can put me down as one of the people on this planet that couldn't care less on what Kirby thinks of Alabama.
If Coach Saban still wants him, its all good with me and I assumed most of our fan base. At this point, I won't lose any sleep over what a HS kid decides where he wants to play football.

FYI, he did not play last night. furthermore, he was once again involved in an another shouting match with his coaches and team mates.
I really believe the kid has some major anger management and maturity issues that are too glaring to ignore.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
No offense to your post, but you can put me down as one of the people on this planet that couldn't care less on what Kirby thinks of Alabama.
If Coach Saban still wants him, its all good with me and I assumed most of our fan base. At this point, I won't lose any sleep over what a HS kid decides where he wants to play football.

FYI, he did not play last night. furthermore, he was once again involved in an another shouting match with his coaches and team mates.
I really believe the kid has some major anger management and maturity issues that are too glaring to ignore.
All good, and I certainly don't know anything about this kid other than what I read here but if what you say is true then the kid does have some problems. And I have no use for Kirby Smart myself.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.