Game Thread: WCWS:Bama vs Oklahoma(Game 4) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 14 to 25 of 25
  1. #14
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    12,310

    Re: WCWS:Bama vs Oklahoma(Game 4)

    Down to our final 3 outs due to a triple.

    Schrodder
    Brown
    Sides

  2. #15
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,716

    Re: WCWS:Bama vs Oklahoma(Game 4)

    Welp...

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

  3. #16
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    12,310

    Re: WCWS:Bama vs Oklahoma(Game 4)

    Welp. Good effort. We get Florida Saturday . I guess if we canít win it then knocking Florida out would be the 2nd best thing.

    Best possible outcome for others: Okie Lite over Oklahoma and UCLA over Arizona.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; May 30th, 2019 at 11:58 PM.

  4. #17
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    River Ridge, LA
    Posts
    2,042

    Re: WCWS:Bama vs Oklahoma(Game 4)

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Down to our final 3 outs due to a triple.

    Schrodder
    Brown
    Sides
    BAMA goes down 3-2 on a 2 out triple in the bottom of the 6th that scored the go ahead run. Montana threw a pretty good game but left a couple of pitches out over the plate that OU took advantage of. We now play Florida on Saturday afternoon. Lord, don't let us be 2 and Q.

  5. #18
    BamaNation All-American edwd58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,668

    Re: WCWS:Bama vs Oklahoma(Game 4)

    It wasn't the outcome we wanted, but was probably the one we expected, but I was really proud and impressed with how tough we played them. The difference: their hard hit balls found holes, our hard hit balls found gloves.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

  6. #19
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    River Ridge, LA
    Posts
    2,042

    Re: WCWS:Bama vs Oklahoma(Game 4)

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Welp. Good effort. We get Florida Saturday . I guess if we can’t win it then knocking Florida out would be the 2nd best thing.

    Best possible outcome for others: Okie Lite over Oklahoma and UCLA over Arizona.
    Actually, the loser's bracket games are Saturday. We play Florida at 1:30 CST. The winners bracket games are tomorrow night: Arizona-UCLA at 6pm, OU vs OSU at 8:30. We get to rest for a day to figure out how to take Florida down. If we win that game at 1:30, we get the loser of Arizona-UCLA at 8:30 Saturday night.

  7. #20
    BamaNation All-American CB4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    3,192

    Re: WCWS:Bama vs Oklahoma(Game 4)

    Thing to remember is this is a young team. We were, at best, expected to be a middle of the pack team in the SEC. And with a break here or there last night, we could have pulled the upset of the tournament by beating Oklahoma.

    Don’t get me wrong. I hate to lose. But I’m proud of this ladies and know they will fight tooth and nail on Saturday to stay alive.

    RTR
    "A politician is a person that can smoke a cigar, down a shot of bourbon, kiss a baby, and talk out of both sides of their mouth all at the same time."

  8. #21
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    River Ridge, LA
    Posts
    2,042

    Re: WCWS:Bama vs Oklahoma(Game 4)

    Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    Thing to remember is this is a young team. We were, at best, expected to be a middle of the pack team in the SEC. And with a break here or there last night, we could have pulled the upset of the tournament by beating Oklahoma.

    Don’t get me wrong. I hate to lose. But I’m proud of this ladies and know they will fight tooth and nail on Saturday to stay alive.

    RTR
    Very young, which should mean great things for the future. I think off of this team, we only lose senior starters Merris Schroder and Reagan Dykes. Our top three pitchers will be back along with most of the starters, so barring injury, next year should be another great year of BAMA softball. Of course, I'm not quite ready for this one to end yet. Let's get a few more wins ladies!

  9. #22
    BamaNation All-SEC BamaHoHo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Coaling, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    1,544

    Re: WCWS:Bama vs Oklahoma(Game 4)

    Quote Originally Posted by Krymsonman View Post
    Very young, which should mean great things for the future. I think off of this team, we only lose senior starters Merris Schroder and Reagan Dykes. Our top three pitchers will be back along with most of the starters, so barring injury, next year should be another great year of BAMA softball. Of course, I'm not quite ready for this one to end yet. Let's get a few more wins ladies!
    Losing Dykes will hurt a ton. We have a very good 2020 catcher coming so there be a void there next year. We also have a 2019 pitcher on the way that should give us the best pitching staff we've ever had. Along with some other good recuits, The future looks bright.
    Last edited by BamaHoHo; May 31st, 2019 at 11:27 AM.

  10. #23
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    River Ridge, LA
    Posts
    2,042

    Re: WCWS:Bama vs Oklahoma(Game 4)

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaHoHo View Post
    Losing Dykes will hurt a ton. We have a very good 2020 catcher coming so there be a void there next year. We also have a 2019 pitcher on the way that should give us the best pitching staff we've ever had. Along with some other good recuits, The future looks bright.
    Yes, I'm going to miss Reagan Dykes the most. She does a great job behind the plate. I love her pick off attempts, and she has caught a few people getting too far off second base. Hopefully we can get a good replacement next year.

  11. #24
    BamaNation All-SEC BamaHoHo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Coaling, Alabama, United States
    Posts
    1,544

    Re: WCWS:Bama vs Oklahoma(Game 4)

    Quote Originally Posted by Krymsonman View Post
    Yes, I'm going to miss Reagan Dykes the most. She does a great job behind the plate. I love her pick off attempts, and she has caught a few people getting too far off second base. Hopefully we can get a good replacement next year.
    It will be the year after next. Next year could rough atr Catcher.

  12. #25
    BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cumming, GA
    Posts
    4,648

    Re: WCWS:Bama vs Oklahoma(Game 4)

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Welp. Good effort. We get Florida Saturday . I guess if we can’t win it then knocking Florida out would be the 2nd best thing.

    Best possible outcome for others: Okie Lite over Oklahoma and UCLA over Arizona.
    You are right about UCLA over Arizona. Arizona's worst loss this season was 1-6 to Alabama. Oklahoma's worst loss this season was 1-7 to UCLA!
    Last edited by ALA2262; June 1st, 2019 at 01:08 PM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear