Game Thread: WCWS:Bama vs Oklahoma(Game 4)

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Fellow Tide Fans, being a minister is tough sometimes. In the last 30 hours, I have had a staff person resign unexpectedly leaving us in a bad position as a church, have had to deal with a church member passing away this afternoon and helping the family, find out 2 other church members have cancer, and then one of my mentors announced today he has cancer also. There is no training for days like today. i have just gotten home and trying to settle in to watch these wonderful girls. I am cheering for them and hope they play well. I need some Bama sports tonight to cheer me up. Let’s go girls! RTR!

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Little bit of an ugly start. Looked at a lot of good pitches in the top of the inning, and in a big jam now in the bottom of the 1st. 2nd and 3rd, no outs right now.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
BAMA ties it up in the top of the 3rd. Now 1-1. We have got to lay off that low, slow thing the OU pitcher is throwing. It's not a strike, but we're going for it.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Man, we have got to quit looking at good pitches to hit. We look at those, and then strike out on the junk. We're in this game, just need to heat up the bats. Way to go yard Claire!!

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Hope Montana is finding her groove. That was a great bottom half of the fifth. I noticed she pitched the OU players a little different than first couple of times around. Tied 2-2 after 5 complete.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Man, we have got to quit looking at good pitches to hit. We look at those, and then strike out on the junk. We're in this game, just need to heat up the bats. Way to go yard Claire!!
Without seeing it for myself ( I’m in Britain on game cast) I’ll just have to take your word for it. But I’m beginning to think Oklahoma is a team that has to ride their pitcher and a few good hitters to the finish line. Don’t get me wrong, they are better than us and are more likely to win this game than us due to experience, talent , and hitting. but I think us and them aren’t oceans apart like it has been the last 4 years. It’s a very good feeling for the future... but let’s try to steal the present while we are here

Last edited:

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Well, we're going to bottom of the 6th, still tied 2-2. We had a runner on second, and Clare Jenkins, who was 2 for 2 with a dinger, scorched a line drive that was caught by the third basemen. You couldn't hit that ball harder, and if got by, we're up by 1.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Welp. Good effort. We get Florida Saturday . I guess if we can’t win it then knocking Florida out would be the 2nd best thing.

Best possible outcome for others: Okie Lite over Oklahoma and UCLA over Arizona.

Last edited:

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Down to our final 3 outs due to a triple.

Schrodder
Brown
Sides
BAMA goes down 3-2 on a 2 out triple in the bottom of the 6th that scored the go ahead run. Montana threw a pretty good game but left a couple of pitches out over the plate that OU took advantage of. We now play Florida on Saturday afternoon. Lord, don't let us be 2 and Q.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
It wasn't the outcome we wanted, but was probably the one we expected, but I was really proud and impressed with how tough we played them. The difference: their hard hit balls found holes, our hard hit balls found gloves.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Welp. Good effort. We get Florida Saturday . I guess if we can’t win it then knocking Florida out would be the 2nd best thing.

Best possible outcome for others: Okie Lite over Oklahoma and UCLA over Arizona.
Actually, the loser's bracket games are Saturday. We play Florida at 1:30 CST. The winners bracket games are tomorrow night: Arizona-UCLA at 6pm, OU vs OSU at 8:30. We get to rest for a day to figure out how to take Florida down. If we win that game at 1:30, we get the loser of Arizona-UCLA at 8:30 Saturday night.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Thing to remember is this is a young team. We were, at best, expected to be a middle of the pack team in the SEC. And with a break here or there last night, we could have pulled the upset of the tournament by beating Oklahoma.

Don’t get me wrong. I hate to lose. But I’m proud of this ladies and know they will fight tooth and nail on Saturday to stay alive.

RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.