Another Mass Shooting in Virginia Beach

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Must have been another “White Nationalist” with an “Assault weapon” ohh wait....this story will have a short life span in the liberal media just like the Iranian woman that shot up Youtube HQ.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Must have been another “White Nationalist” with an “Assault weapon” ohh wait....this story will have a short life span in the liberal media just like the Iranian woman that shot up Youtube HQ.
Yeah, suck those 12 people's deaths up your nose, libtards!

On a serious note, why are they going to drop this?

For the record, I don't remember them dropping the youtube incident any faster than others. It's become a routine thing now, like the moon missions but not nearly as much fun as apollo 13.

All you seem to be able to think about is the liberal media. Sad.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
The telling thing is 12 dead is the deadliest US shooting since November 2018. It’s only been 8 months since the last one with this many deaths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
One day this country will wake up and realize that “thoughts and prayers” isn’t going to help and will decide it is time for real change. Until then, this will be a regular, normal occurrence in this country. For many, this is an “acceptable risk” to maintain our current level of legal gun ownership.

So, why worry about how long this is in the news cycle when the next one is just around the corner anyway.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
One day this country will wake up and realize that “thoughts and prayers” isn’t going to help and will decide it is time for real change. Until then, this will be a regular, normal occurrence in this country. For many, this is an “acceptable risk” to maintain our current level of legal gun ownership.

So, why worry about how long this is in the news cycle when the next one is just around the corner anyway.
Outside of completely confiscating every single gun people own in this country and making gun ownership illegal. There isn't an easy fix. Because in one day, a perfectly sane person can go from sane to insane at one of many life's curve balls. Job loss, culmination of months of personal stress, etc. You name it, predicting the reaction of a person's behavior to life's events is impossible. A "qualified" gun owner can go to "unqualified" in one bad life event. So what's your answer?

Last edited:

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Outside of completely confiscating every single gun people own in this country and making gun ownership illegal. There isn't an easy fix. Because in one day, a perfectly sane person can go from sane to insane at one of many life's curve balls. Job loss, culmination of months of personal stress, etc. You name it, predicting the reaction of a person's behavior to life's events is impossible. A "qualified" gun owner can go to "unqualified" in one bad life event. So what's your answer?
The answer is that perfection is the enemy of progress. Just because there isn't an easy fix doesn't mean we cannot try to make incremental progress. Gun advocates who refuse to even come to the table for this discussion are tacitly approving the current level of firearm abuse in our society. This is why "thoughts and prayers" or meaningless aphorisms from gun owners come across as empty words devoid of genuine meaning and worthy of derision.

But it doesn't matter. As always, nothing will happen, second graders will continue to fear for their lives in school, and we'll be back at this tired impasse a few months down the road when another mass shooting occurs. If insanity is repeating the same pattern over and over, expecting a different outcome, then this country is collectively insane on the topic of guns.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
The answer is that perfection is the enemy of progress. Just because there isn't an easy fix doesn't mean we cannot try to make incremental progress. Gun advocates who refuse to even come to the table for this discussion are tacitly approving the current level of firearm abuse in our society. This is why "thoughts and prayers" or meaningless aphorisms from gun owners come across as empty words devoid of genuine meaning and worthy of derision.

But it doesn't matter. As always, nothing will happen, second graders will continue to fear for their lives in school, and we'll be back at this tired impasse a few months down the road when another mass shooting occurs. If insanity is repeating the same pattern over and over, expecting a different outcome, then this country is collectively insane on the topic of guns.
I was addressing his specific answer, not indicating I didn't think anything should be done. Outside of complete confiscation and a banning of firearms altogether in this country, we have no other choice but to accept some level of "acceptable risk". But any gun measures you put in CANNOT predict when a perfectly sane person is going to snap. Again, am I saying nothing should be done? No, I am not. But if we're going to allow guns in this country we are going to have to be "okay" with accepting the fact that there will be incidences of gun violence to some degree. Because like I said in my post to the above poster. A citizen who passes all of our criteria to own a gun can go from sane to insane in one life event. It is impossible to predict human behavior to stress, tragedy, and other life problems we all have.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I was addressing his specific answer, not indicating I didn't think anything should be done. Outside of complete confiscation and a banning of firearms altogether in this country, we have no other choice but to accept some level of "acceptable risk". But any gun measures you put in CANNOT predict when a perfectly sane person is going to snap. Again, am I saying nothing should be done? No, I am not. But if we're going to allow guns in this country we are going to have to be "okay" with accepting the fact that there will be incidences of gun violence to some degree. Because like I said in my post to the above poster. A citizen who passes all of our criteria to own a gun can go from sane to insane in one life event. It is impossible to predict human behavior to stress, tragedy, and other life problems we all have.
imo, that is part of the problem. the criteria to own a gun are too lax.

i am hoping that the demise of the nra with all of the crap they are going through now will be swift and that they will go away completely. i think that will go a long way in enabling our country to make some progress on this issue.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I'm not sure I follow, or are you talking about our current criteria? I'm talking about even with much, much stricter criteria a person who passes stricter criteria can go from competent to nutso quick.
yeah, but with stricter criteria, it would be less likely that they would have weapons. other countries with much stricter criteria are not having the problems we are having.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
yeah, but with stricter criteria, it would be less likely that they would have weapons. other countries with much stricter criteria are not having the problems we are having.
Yeah, I agree and hopefully the criteria would be structured in such a way that it would pick up on people with progressive mental illness and keep firearms out of their hands. The elephant in the room are all the guns that are already in our society.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.