Life is precious .... and oftentimes far too short

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Some sad news: my wife and I lost a family friend. Hai was the older brother of one of my wife's best friends. He played guitar at our our wedding. Incredibly talented and a great friend. He traveled the world either as a cyclist or a musician and always had stories to tell. He was out walking his dog earlier this week when he had a massive stroke. He never recovered. We are back in Virginia to be with his family to offer what help we can. Trying to make the upcoming memorial a celebration of his life is tough since this was so sudden and unexpected. Hai was very fit and barely 50. Sigh. This is so unfair. RIP, my friend. :(

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Some sad news: my wife and I lost a family friend. Hai was the older brother of one of my wife's best friends. He played guitar at our our wedding. Incredibly talented and a great friend. He traveled the world either as a cyclist or a musician and always had stories to tell. He was out walking his dog earlier this week when he had a massive stroke. He never recovered. We are back in Virginia to be with his family to offer what help we can. Trying to make the upcoming memorial a celebration of his life is tough since this was so sudden and unexpected. Hai was very fit and barely 50. Sigh. This is so unfair. RIP, my friend. :(
I'm sorry for your loss, Bodhisattva. That's far too young.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Many people live to 100 and never truly impact anyone. Sounds like your friend made the most of his 50. Sounds like it was a great 50. Prayers to you and your wife

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Sorry for your loss. 50 is far too young. I also recently lost a very good friend. My friend I believe I have mentioned in the past. He was British and led a very interesting life. He was a bass player, a cook, and a marketing manager for an architecture firm. He had cancer 20 years ago and beat it. Well about 3 years ago the cancer returned and spread quickly. A year ago he was given 2 months to live and he died just a week ago. My friend Kevin had accepted his fate. He was an only child and his wife was an only child. They had no children. He was a difficult person to get along with but if you did he would do anything in the world for you. I will miss my friend as I am sure you will miss yours.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Sorry for your loss. 50 is far too young. I also recently lost a very good friend. My friend I believe I have mentioned in the past. He was British and led a very interesting life. He was a bass player, a cook, and a marketing manager for an architecture firm. He had cancer 20 years ago and beat it. Well about 3 years ago the cancer returned and spread quickly. A year ago he was given 2 months to live and he died just a week ago. My friend Kevin had accepted his fate. He was an only child and his wife was an only child. They had no children. He was a difficult person to get along with but if you did he would do anything in the world for you. I will miss my friend as I am sure you will miss yours.
Sorry for your loss as well, DzynKingRTR

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ugh, this was a tough week. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers, guys.

I have a lot of admiration for the Le family. Mr. Le was a colonel and pilot for the South Vietnamese air force. He was able to get his wife and small children out of the country (to Guam, I believe) while he stayed to fight. As Saigon fell he escaped in "the smallest, most non-flight-worthy plane left in the country" and prayed to whole way to safety to Thailand. He eventually found his family again, and they eventually settled in Northern Virginia. He and his wife raised five impressive children. In addition to their individual careers, they all are very talented musically in multiple instruments and play in various bands. Hai played the piano, guitar, and cello. I call them the Vietnamese Partridge Family. :)

Unfortunately, the family has had more than its share of tragedy. Before Hai's sudden passing, a similar fate befell his brother. A couple of years ago his brother, a colonel and pilot (like his Dad) in the USAF, was struck down by a massive heart attack while on the job at the Pentagon. He was also in his early 50s. Again, just way too soon.

Godspeed, Hai. I know you are with your brother entertaining the angels with your music and stories.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
And then there is this .....

So, my wife finally made the move here a few weeks ago. In the months leading up to her move she made inquiries through a CRNA Facebook group about hospitals in the area. One lady in particular was very helpful in informing my wife about the various work cultures, overtime opportunities, etc. She helped my wife make a decision one of her job choices. A couple of weeks ago, when my wife was at orientation, news hit that a boy was killed earlier that morning and that his mother was a CRNA at the hospital.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/st-johns-county/pedestrian-hit-by-car-in-critical-condition

Since we just got back in town last night, my wife reached out this morning to the nurse who was helpful to her. She wanted to let her know that she is now working some shifts at the hospital, thank her for the advice, and see if they could meet in person soon. With the response, my wife just found out that the nurse in question is the mother of the boy who was killed.

In addition, the boy was an organ donor. A recipient of his kidney turned out to be his Mom's best friend.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.