Game Thread: Bama/OU 3 - The Crimson Battle

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Well, it was a great year, and a lot more than anyone expected. Very proud of the effort.

Now, I don't know who to pull for tomorrow. Should I pull for OU to blow UCLA away so everyone will know our 3 games were the real championship series, or pull for UCLA because OU beat us.

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
Well, it was a great year, and a lot more than anyone expected. Very proud of the effort.

Now, I don't know who to pull for tomorrow. Should I pull for OU to blow UCLA away so everyone will know our 3 games were the real championship series, or pull for UCLA because OU beat us.
I’m pulling for UCLA because I can’t stand OU’s head coach! I have never liked her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
A bit short of where we wanted to end up. OU knows they were in a battle with a team every bit as good as they are.

However, 60 wins for this squad, incredible season and a good core returning for next year. I'm already looking forward to it.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Dang, I hate losing. I don't know why, but I have developed some serious animosity toward OU. Come to think of it, I've never really liked them at all. Oh well, I tip my cap to the OU ladies, and I thank our ladies for a great season. Roll Tide!

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
They endured a grueling series after dropping that first encounter against OU. It is so very difficult to survive all those extra games in the loosers bracket. They gave a great effort, but came up just a little short. Girl's softball is, in my opinion, a game of talent, momentum, strategy, and most of all, coaching. I believe we had all those factors, but simply ran out of energy. Honestly, there are at least four teams that had the potential to win it all this year. Hope we will be in the hunt again next year.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
Yet she gave the Tide props saying there's no way Bama was/should have been an 8 seed.
She also said Alabama was the toughest opponent OU had faced all year. Patty is the best coach OU has in my humble opinion. She was hired out of California to save a program that was on the chopping block. She's being paid $1 million a year and she's worth ever penny. Her demeanor affects people a lot like coach Saban. The fact is that, like Saban, she's a winner and a helluva coach.

Bamaatthebeach

1st Team
Feb 27, 2019
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
I couldn't be prouder of this team. They showed the nation for sure that being seeded #8 was ridiculous. They should continue winning next season, too. My understanding is that another high school top-rated pitcher like Montana is coming in next year, so all of the pitchers from this year will return along with this new one. They should be right back at the WCWS again in 2020.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Congrats to our Bama girls on an outstanding and thrilling season!
I am so proud of their effort and the way that they handle themselves.

Also congrats to an outstanding OU team!

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
They endured a grueling series after dropping that first encounter against OU. It is so very difficult to survive all those extra games in the loosers bracket. They gave a great effort, but came up just a little short. Girl's softball is, in my opinion, a game of talent, momentum, strategy, and most of all, coaching. I believe we had all those factors, but simply ran out of energy. Honestly, there are at least four teams that had the potential to win it all this year. Hope we will be in the hunt again next year.
I think we could have won it all this year, if we had been seeded properly in the tournament. Being #8 meant we had a tough road all the way, with one of the tougher super regionals. We got thru that just to have the privilege of playing the #1 seed in what is close to a home game for them. We played a good game but came up a run short. While OU got to sit home Saturday, we played two elimination games. And to pile it on the BAMA ladies, a rain delay means we're up way to late on Saturday night. We played very well in game 1 Sunday, but as Murphy said, he was worried about the energy level in game 2. They gave it all they had, but were running on fumes. Overall though, this team accomplished so much more than anyone thought they would, and everyone on that team stepped up and contributed something to the success. We only lose two senior starters in Merris Schroder and Reagan Dykes. We need a couple of people to step up and take charge of those roles, especially on the leadership end, and for everyone coming back to focus on doing better next year. I think this taste of the WCWS will certainly help that. RTR ladies, and thanks for a great year. Krymsonman

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
Glad to see that there were a bunch of fans waiting for the team at the airport when they returned to Tuscaloosa today. They certainly deserved that. I would think we will be one of the favorites to win it all next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
I absolutely loved watching the tide ladies slug it out this weekend! So proud of them! Cant wait to see these young ladies play next season RTR

Bamaatthebeach

1st Team
Feb 27, 2019
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
She also said Alabama was the toughest opponent OU had faced all year. Patty is the best coach OU has in my humble opinion. She was hired out of California to save a program that was on the chopping block. She's being paid $1 million a year and she's worth ever penny. Her demeanor affects people a lot like coach Saban. The fact is that, like Saban, she's a winner and a helluva coach.
You guys also have the best women's gymnastic coach in the nation in K.J. Kindler. No one else is on her level.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Hey, how can I find who Alabama has signed in softball for the 2020 season. I'm assuming they would enter school this fall. I can't seem to find the right place to look. thanks,

Bamaatthebeach

1st Team
Feb 27, 2019
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
Hey, how can I find who Alabama has signed in softball for the 2020 season. I'm assuming they would enter school this fall. I can't seem to find the right place to look. thanks,
Just go to www.rolltide.com, the University's athletics site, and select softball as the sport. Within the news widget they have archived every story. The most recent signees, who will enter school this fall, signed their LOIs last November. There are articles on each of the four if you scroll back to November 2018.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.