New Report Suggests ‘High Likelihood of Human Civilization Coming to an End’ in 2050

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The scenario warns that our current trajectory will likely lock in at least 3 degrees Celsius (C) of global heating, which in turn could trigger further amplifying feedbacks unleashing further warming. This would drive the accelerating collapse of key ecosystems “including coral reef systems, the Amazon rainforest and in the Arctic.”

The results would be devastating. Some one billion people would be forced to attempt to relocate from unlivable conditions, and two billion would face scarcity of water supplies. Agriculture would collapse in the sub-tropics, and food production would suffer dramatically worldwide. The internal cohesion of nation-states like the US and China would unravel.

ADVERTISEMENT
“Even for 2°C of warming, more than a billion people may need to be relocated and in high-end scenarios, the scale of destruction is beyond our capacity to model with a high likelihood of human civilization coming to an end,” the report notes.
VICE: New Report Suggests ‘High Likelihood of Human Civilization Coming to an End’ in 2050

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
So the national debt and social security security problems are pretty much solved...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Saban will be 99 then. Maybe he really can be our coach until the end of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I remember some theory in 4th grade in which scientists said the sun would consume the Earth by 2006. I must’ve slept through that event.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Seems extreme to me but so does denialism that is rooted in their prevailing political ideology having no way to cope with it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.