FSU OLine transfer (Dickerson)

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcspor...n-dickerson-reportedly-headed-to-alabama/amp/
This young man might have a tough road to playing time. I feel like we are pretty much set at Oline, and have several young, talented guys he would have to beat out next year. Is this just about depth, as the article suggests?
It may have been he didn't fit with the FSU players/coaches.
I agree that finding playing time in anything other than a blow out will be very unlikely.
I'm hoping he will be a better fit at Alabama than FSU, and he might make a
contribution to our team.
AFTERALL... JAKE COKER BECAME A WINNER PLAYING FOR ALABAMA.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
He was a 4* out of HS, started some at FSU and got hurt, I believe. I think that they were counting on him to contribute significantly this year. Has 2 years left. I hope he can provide quality depth. You never know . He could blossom.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Hard to say if he'll contribute or not. FSU has had OL problems for years. A lot of the problem was coaching, but some was a lack of talent, and the two became a vicious cycle. Then you throw the injury in, and it's about as clear as mud.

On the other hand, I'm on record as believing our own OL significantly under-achieved it's talent level for several years now, and that the recent change in the OL coach was at a minimum a year overdue.

Maybe starting over will help him bloom. Maybe he'll provide depth and push the starters to get better. If Saban says he's good enough to put on scholarship, that's a pretty strong endorsement.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Hard to say if he'll contribute or not. FSU has had OL problems for years. A lot of the problem was coaching, but some was a lack of talent, and the two became a vicious cycle. Then you throw the injury in, and it's about as clear as mud.

On the other hand, I'm on record as believing our own OL significantly under-achieved it's talent level for several years now, and that the recent change in the OL coach was at a minimum a year overdue.

Maybe starting over will help him bloom. Maybe he'll provide depth and push the starters to get better. If Saban says he's good enough to put on scholarship, that's a pretty strong endorsement.
This, you can never have too much OL and DL depth.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Saban knows more about football talent than I will ever know, so I will assume that he is very good and that Alabama still needs depth here because the scholarship that he just received is a prized commodity. I think that is it probably about an immediate need for depth in case of injury, and my hope is that he never sees the field except in mop up duty, because your best 6 O-linemen are crazy big and crazy talented.

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Sounds like nobody really knows what he might be able to do if he was healthy. He'll get a chance to compete and we'll find out.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
This guy was a top 50 recruit, and he started as a true freshman. He's had injury problems, but this is a guy who started at a major program when he was healthy, and Campus Insiders even gave him a honorable mention as a freshman All-American, despite missing a lot of games.

If he's healthy he's a legit talent that could do more than just take up a seat on the bench.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This guy was a top 50 recruit, and he started as a true freshman. He's had injury problems, but this is a guy who started at a major program when he was healthy, and Campus Insiders even gave him a honorable mention as a freshman All-American, despite missing a lot of games.

If he's healthy he's a legit talent that could do more than just take up a seat on the bench.
Absolutely, but there are a lot of other guys that fit the description already taking reps. If he starts, let's hope that it is because he is better than the players that he beats out, not because someone gets hurt.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
This could also be prepping for the 2020 season since we know we will lose Womack, and it's at pretty likely we could lose Leatherwood and Wills going to the NFL early. Having a guy like this who has been around the program at least a year and ready to step in once those guys are gone could be a huge head start heading into that season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.