Question: Starting Offensive Lineup

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Hello TideFans

I am curious as to what you believe the starting lineup will be for the most part for the offense in 2019?

any surprise impact players you are projecting?

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
LT- Alex Leatherwood
LG- Emil Ekiyor/ Deonte Brown
C- Chris Owens
RG- Matt Womack
RT- Jedrick Wills

TE-Miller Forristall

WR- Jerry Jeudy
WR- Henry Ruggs
WR- DeVonta Smith

RB- Najee Harris

QB- Tua Tagovailoa

Last edited:

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Hello TideFans

I am curious as to what you believe the starting lineup will be for the most part for the offense in 2019?

The general consensus of the least known player with the highest ceiling is reserve RB, Brian Robinson. He should be in line for 2nd string behind Najee Harris. Athletic guy, threat both in the run and pass game. He should get a lot more touches now that the backfield has cleared out. I doubt he explodes to the extent Josh Jacobs did, but there are some parallels in both their style of play and situation.

Otherwise the offense is pretty chalk from last year. Tua should remain the top QB in the conference if he stays healthy. If he plays to his full potential no reason he can’t be the best QB in the country. Receiver is loaded with Ruggs, Jeudy, Thompson, and Waddle, all who’ve already blown up in years past. Harris is talented enough to carry the run game if need be. Offense line looks deep and strong.

This should be the most prolific offense we’ve ever had. Can’t say there will be any surprises though unless one of the incoming freshman is so elite that they steal snaps from one of the more established players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
This offense has SO MUCH potential.

Call me crazy, but I've recently watched most of the Bama/Clemson game. Even against Clemson we moved the ball up and down the field with ease, but just couldn't put it in the endzone. Even having a bad game, we were so good in such a big game. And our run game was off the charts in this game too, which I look to continue into 2019.

As an aside and off the topic, I've never seen a team get so many points out of so little offensive effort as Clemson got. Most of their big offensive plays and TDs where flukey and fingertip/one-hand catches that could have easily fell to the ground. It was just their night and, it was not ours.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
The general consensus of the least known player with the highest ceiling is reserve RB, Brian Robinson. He should be in line for 2nd string behind Najee Harris. Athletic guy, threat both in the run and pass game. He should get a lot more touches now that the backfield has cleared out. I doubt he explodes to the extent Josh Jacobs did, but there are some parallels in both their style of play and situation.

Otherwise the offense is pretty chalk from last year. Tua should remain the top QB in the conference if he stays healthy. If he plays to his full potential no reason he can’t be the best QB in the country. Receiver is loaded with Ruggs, Jeudy, Thompson, and Waddle, all who’ve already blown up in years past. Harris is talented enough to carry the run game if need be. Offense line looks deep and strong.

This should be the most prolific offense we’ve ever had. Can’t say there will be any surprises though unless one of the incoming freshman is so elite that they steal snaps from one of the more established players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think they will be surprises necessarily but I do think we will see RB3 get more work than that spot did last year as I think Sanders will find a way on the field assuming he figures out protections and that John Metchie will also find a decent role. Latu I guess might be a bit of a surprise if he does end up sticking at TE, which he might since we are pretty thin there till James comes back.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Hello TideFans

Is that you, Kirby???

Since you've got copies of our recruiting lists surely you know who we'll be running out there on the first Saturday in December. If not, there will be 12 weeks of film you can study up on - provided you get your dawgs there too. Fingers crossed. ;)

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
LT- Alex Leatherwood
C- Chris Owens
RG- Matt Womack
RT- Jedrick Wills

TE-Miller Forristall

WR- Jerry Jeudy
WR- Henry Ruggs
WR- DeVonta Smith

RB- Najee Harris

QB- Tua Tagovailoa
That is a thing of beauty right there...

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
LT- Alex Leatherwood
C- Chris Owens
RG- Matt Womack
RT- Jedrick Wills

TE-Miller Forristall

WR- Jerry Jeudy
WR- Henry Ruggs
WR- DeVonta Smith

RB- Najee Harris

QB- Tua Tagovailoa
It's amazing to me that this is probably accurate while also leaving off our true sophomore WR who was #2 in receiving yards last season.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
LT- Alex Leatherwood
C- Chris Owens
RG- Matt Womack
RT- Jedrick Wills

TE-Miller Forristall

WR- Jerry Jeudy
WR- Henry Ruggs
WR- DeVonta Smith

RB- Najee Harris

QB- Tua Tagovailoa
A big name to keep an eye on (literally also) is true freshman Evan Neal at one of the guard spots. He may just be too big and good to keep off the field. I feel real good about the OL this year.

And our #4 WR would be the #1 on most rosters.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Biggest plus: Talent and depth everywhere (except TE), and most of it is proven. Even the new faces are generating buzz. I'm not sure we've ever had this level of talent and depth. Ever.

Biggest questions:
1. Will the coaching change help our incredibly talented OL perform to capability? I've thought for several years now that we under-achieved our OL talent. The new guy has to be an improvement....you would think.

2. The book is out on Tua. Most teams don't have the personnel to exploit last year's weaknesses. The ones that matter do. Will Tua address those weaknesses and make the leap you often see from first year starting to second? I think he will, but we won't know for sure until we play a top-caliber defense.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
This...and don't be afraid to run the ball when it's working!!!
Biggest plus: Talent and depth everywhere (except TE), and most of it is proven. Even the new faces are generating buzz. I'm not sure we've ever had this level of talent and depth. Ever.

Biggest questions:
1. Will the coaching change help our incredibly talented OL perform to capability? I've thought for several years now that we under-achieved our OL talent. The new guy has to be an improvement....you would think.

2. The book is out on Tua. Most teams don't have the personnel to exploit last year's weaknesses. The ones that matter do. Will Tua address those weaknesses and make the leap you often see from first year starting to second? I think he will, but we won't know for sure until we play a top-caliber defense.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Biggest questions:

I think we will see Tua play a bit more conservatively this year -- I also think we will see more running the ball, controlling the clock than last year. We may also see Tua's wheels more than last year. We shall wait and see -- but if we know Saban -- he will want to get back to controlling the ball, letting his defense dictate the pace of the game -- and owning the trenches.....

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think we will see Tua play a bit more conservatively this year -- I also think we will see more running the ball, controlling the clock than last year. We may also see Tua's wheels more than last year. We shall wait and see -- but if we know Saban -- he will want to get back to controlling the ball, letting his defense dictate the pace of the game -- and owning the trenches.....
I hope that Tua doesn't play more conservatively, unless you mean more patiently. You need him to sling the rock into tight windows, and throw receivers open. You just need him to move on to the next progression quickly if the home run isn't there.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I seriously hope not. The last thing he needs is to take more hits

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I hope that Tua doesn't play more conservatively, unless you mean more patiently. You need him to sling the rock into tight windows, and throw receivers open. You just need him to move on to the next progression quickly if the home run isn't there.
I think he'll keep doing that. I think the biggest difference will be that Sark uses a lot of quick throws so we'll probably see more of those.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.