I came across this review of Bryant-Denny Stadium and the game day atmosphere

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You're probably right but I've always thought Michigan had the quietest "huge" stadium. Of course, demographics probably plague them as well.
Never been to Michigan, so I wouldnt be the one to comment. But I can say for a fact that Auburn, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and LSU are far louder than BDS even on bad years. You dont typically see your nacho eating, blanket carrying, and radio headphone listening fans inhabiting a significant portion of the season ticket seats. Sometimes it feels like BDS is an alternative to doing what they usually are doing on Saturdays to most fans, where going to those other stadiums is almost like an event. Its why lately Ive had more fun traveling to see Alabama play than going to a game at BDS (even though I go to all home games)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I wanted to throw this out there - for me, how loud a stadium can get is not a primary factor in determining "atmosphere". I enjoy quiet beat downs as much as nail biting cliff-hangers. In fact, I enjoy them more. I do, however, like to see the stands full. So, a full stadium is more important to me than a loud crowd.

I hate to see empty sections as students and fans leave early, and some of those students and fans leave early even in closer games. It's like they have someplace better to be, and they just wanted to put in an appearance at the game for whatever reason.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Never been to Michigan, so I wouldnt be the one to comment. But I can say for a fact that Auburn, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and LSU are far louder than BDS even on bad years. You dont typically see your nacho eating, blanket carrying, and radio headphone listening fans inhabiting a significant portion of the season ticket seats. Sometimes it feels like BDS is an alternative to doing what they usually are doing on Saturdays to most fans, where going to those other stadiums is almost like an event. Its why lately Ive had more fun traveling to see Alabama play than going to a game at BDS (even though I go to all home games)
Have you actually been to a Tennessee home game in the past five years? One without Bama in it? My UT fan friends would disagree wholeheartedly with you.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.