I came across this review of Bryant-Denny Stadium and the game day atmosphere

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I would give BDS 5s all the way across if not for the food. To be honest, the food at BDS is among the worst that I have experienced at college football games. I know that it is all about personal preference, and I didn't have the BBQ, but none of the food that I tried would even have received a 3 rating from me, and I watched 2 games in the Zones with food included.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I think the free ice cream coolers in the Zones warrant a higher rating all by themselves...:pDT_duel: :Joker_PDT_06: on TideFans.comon TideFans.com
I would give BDS 5s all the way across if not for the food. To be honest, the food at BDS is among the worst that I have experienced at college football games. I know that it is all about personal preference, and I didn't have the BBQ, but none of the food that I tried would even have received a 3 rating from me, and I watched 2 games in the Zones with food included.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I still like David Feherty's take.

Can't link due to language, but he had the good fortune to be there for the loudest game I've ever seen -- the 2005 Florida game. A simple google search will turn it up.

Note to purists: The loudest moment was when Cody blocked the UT kick to preserve the 2009 win. But beginning-to-end, the loudest game was 2005 Florida.

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Isn't it that game the he (Feherty) credits for the reason he's a Bama fan?

Side note:I wasn't at the Florida game, but I was at the game-v-UT in 2009 and the stadium was literally shaking...It was really, really cool...I have the Daniel Moore,"Maximum Block" hanging in my office.

Can't link due to language, but he had the good fortune to be there for the loudest game I've ever seen -- the 2005 Florida game. A simple google search will turn it up.

Note to purists: The loudest moment was when Cody blocked the UT kick to preserve the 2009 win. But beginning-to-end, the loudest game was 2005 Florida.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

This was clear even while watching on TV. I've been trying to think of a game since the last 2 expansions that were comparable and I just can't. In 2005, we didn't yet have either endzone upper deck. I think they were building the North end that year, but it wasn't completed. That Florida game was electric and it was obvious even through the TV.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
You would have totally shocked me if you didn't find something wrong with BDS. I'm sure the horseshoe serves only Michelin *** food.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You would have totally shocked me if you didn't find something wrong with BDS. I'm sure the horseshoe serves only Michelin *** food.
You would be wrong - BDS is in just about every way superior to Ohio Stadium, as is your campus. Honestly, I fell in love with your campus. It is absolutely beautiful. But the food at Ohio Stadium is better. Not the best that I have experienced in a college stadium, but pretty good. Again, probably just personal taste. After all, I grew up eating Midwestern foods, not Southern foods.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

the loudest i ever heard that stadium in person was in the 4th quarter vs uga in 2007.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
The only area I would give less than a 4 to is 'Access'

Part of that is a 'me' problem though I admit. But anyway back in the late 90's and early 00's you could arrive in T-Town about 2 hours before kickoff and obtain close, easy, and cheap parking no problem.

Now though ( I assume because of success of the CNS era) I've found that to not be the case anymore.

I've gone to about 11-12 games since '07 and it's a madhouse trying to find parking that isn't either ridiculously expensive or far away.

The last time I went with my Dad in 2013 and I thought he was going to legit have a heart attack just trying to get from our parking area to BDS. If it weren't for the little Golf Cart that comes by we never would have make it to the Upper Level where our seats were.

I gave up my season tickets precisely because of this.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA

I was at both games and I concur those were both extremely loud the UT game was definitely one of the loudest moments ever, but the opening TD of the 05 Florida game was closely comparable.

There have been some super loud games recently though as well that I would say compare

bamaboyinnh

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 21, 2008
New Hampshire
I think the loudest game I have ever been to was the 2003 5 overtime game against Tennessee. The crowd was really into that game. Before and during the actual game. I saw many heated moments on the streets before the game between Tennessee and Alabama fans and it spilled over into the stadium. I would agree about the food at BDS. It could use some improvement.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
BDS is just not loud compared to many SEC stadiums and it has much to do with the demographics, tradition, and how spoiled many Bama fans have become.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
BDS is just not loud compared to many SEC stadiums and it has much to do with the demographics, tradition, and how spoiled many Bama fans have become.
Well when most of your home games are over midway through the second quarter, it is bound to have an adverse effect on crowd noise and participation. We just do not have many close home games. Most of our close games nowadays are in the postseason, or on the road.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well when most of your home games are over midway through the second quarter, it is bound to have an adverse effect on crowd noise and participation. We just do not have many close home games. Most of our close games nowadays are in the postseason, or on the road.
In the last 9 years the loudest two games I’ve been to were Auburn 2014 and Ole Miss 2015. Basically revenge games. LSU 2013 was loud by Alabama standards, but nothing to compare to those two games. Granted I didn’t go to the 2011 LSU game, so that maybe up there.

I think the best comparison I can give is comparing a 6-6 Auburn team playing us at JHS to 2012, 2016, and 2018 Iron Bowls at bds. That trip to Auburn was one of the loudest and hostile trips I’ve ever been to, but those Auburn games I mentioned at BDS you couldn’t tell the difference if Arkansas was in town or Auburn. It was basically a dead atmosphere.

I think age demographics plays a role in it as well. Alabama has had this majority of older fans occupying TP seating and less 25-45 years olds there. Then there is this constant war between younger fans and older fans about stadium etiquette but at the same time this constant debate of why BDS is probably The quietist 100k + stadium in the country.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I agree that BDS isn't overly loud. I still think the loudest I've heard the stadium was after Cody blocked the second kick in 2009 vs Tennessee.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
In the last 9 years the loudest two games I’ve been to were Auburn 2014 and Ole Miss 2015. Basically revenge games. LSU 2013 was loud by Alabama standards, but nothing to compare to those two games. Granted I didn’t go to the 2011 LSU game, so that maybe up there.

I think the best comparison I can give is comparing a 6-6 Auburn team playing us at JHS to 2012, 2016, and 2018 Iron Bowls at bds. That trip to Auburn was one of the loudest and hostile trips I’ve ever been to, but those Auburn games I mentioned at BDS you couldn’t tell the difference if Arkansas was in town or Auburn. It was basically a dead atmosphere.

I think age demographics plays a role in it as well. Alabama has had this majority of older fans occupying TP seating and less 25-45 years olds there. Then there is this constant war between younger fans and older fans about stadium etiquette but at the same time this constant debate of why BDS is probably The quietist 100k + stadium in the country.
You're probably right but I've always thought Michigan had the quietest "huge" stadium. Of course, demographics probably plague them as well.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You're probably right but I've always thought Michigan had the quietest "huge" stadium. Of course, demographics probably plague them as well.
OSU games at UM get loud, but most of the games played there are pretty tame. They have a very different fan base that attends games. Not rowdy at all in the stands. But it is still a cool stadium.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.