How Long Will UGA Faithful Give Kirby...? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Third Team

Re: How Long Will UGA Faithful Give Kirby...?

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Fromm had Heisman type numbers last year. He really is a great QB, and he learns from his mistakes. If GA loses to FL, it won't be because Fromm is anything less than a great QB.
    Don’t get me wrong. I am not on here trying to say that Fromm is superior to Tua. Simply put though Fromm was a top 5 to 10 QB in the country last year and at minimum he should be this upcoming season as well. Saying that Franks is comparable or better than Fromm is laughable though

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgAlum2054 View Post
    Don’t get me wrong. I am not on here trying to say that Fromm is superior to Tua. Simply put though Fromm was a top 5 to 10 QB in the country last year and at minimum he should be this upcoming season as well. Saying that Franks is comparable or better than Fromm is laughable though
    He was the 4th best QB in the country last year behind Tua, Lawrence and Murray, all of whom will play in the NFL. Franks was improving fast, but he has a long way to go to reach that level.

That said, FL now has a pretty good head coach. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I don't think anyone here is going to get upset that you're pointing out that Fromm would start for about 98% of CFB teams. He's legit.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation All-American BamaBuc's Avatar

Just look at how long they gave Richt! Maybe take a couple yrs. off his total at UGA, so maybe the un-lucky 13...!
    “Show Class, Have Pride And Display Character. If You Do, Winning Takes Care Of Itself.” - Paul 'Bear' Bryant

BamaNation Second Team

QB rating:
    Fromm: 171.3 (3rd in the country, yes he finished behind Tua)
    Franks: 143.4 (he finished behind Guarantano, shurmur, Bentley, burrow, mond....)

TD’s thrown
    Fromm: 30 (1 TD per 10.25 pass attempts)
    Franks: 24 (1 TD per 13.45 pass attempts)

Fromm finished 2nd in the SEC in TD passes, yes I know he finished behind Tua. Franks finished 5th in the SEC

Pass completion percentage:
    Fromm: 67.4%
    Franks: 58.4%

Fromm finished 10th here in the country and Franks finished 84th

Yards per pass attempt:
    Fromm: 9.0
    Franks: 7.6

Fromm finished 9th in the country here, franks finished 56th

I am not sure I see where Franks and Fromm’s stats are similar side by side??

Also, in regards to position groups

https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...onference-team

Georgia has a predicted 6 players in the all SEC 1st and 2nd team, Florida has 2 players
    Fromm 2,749 yards, 30 tds, 6 ints - Franks - 2,457, 24 tds, 6 ints that's pretty close when you consider that Fromm had 1 more game than Franks.

You've cherry picked individual players "predicted" all SEC. Below is Athlon's "predicted" SEC unit ranking for 2019. Of the 6 units RB, WR, OL, DL, LB and DB Florida ranked 2nd or 3rd in 4 of the 6. Georgia's ranked 1st or 2nd in 3.

Now, we can argue over which unit may be more important than others but essentially it's going to be offensive units against defensive units so we should expect Georgia's OL and RB's to fight it out with a pretty good Florida DL and LB group but who and where are the Georgia WR's that Fromm's "Heisman" capabilities are going to throw to against a real good Florida DB crew.

On the other hand Florida's unknown OL and good RB's go up against an okay Georgia DL, good LB's and decent DB's with some really good WR's for Franks to throw to.

THAT should translate to a close game and it's my way too early prediction that Florida beats Georgia in Jacksonville November 2, 2019.
    Name:  screenshot-athlonsports.com-2019.06.15-09-00-02.png
Views: 0
Size:  37.0 KB

BamaNation Hall of Fame Relayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EnterBama View Post
    Fromm 2,749 yards, 30 tds, 6 ints - Franks - 2,457, 24 tds, 6 ints that's pretty close when you consider that Fromm had 1 more game than Franks.

You've cherry picked individual players "predicted" all SEC. Below is Athlon's "predicted" SEC unit ranking for 2019. Of the 6 units RB, WR, OL, DL, LB and DB Florida ranked 2nd or 3rd in 4 of the 6. Georgia's ranked 1st or 2nd in 3.

Now, we can argue over which unit may be more important than others but essentially it's going to be offensive units against defensive units so we should expect Georgia's OL and RB's to fight it out with a pretty good Florida DL and LB group but who and where are the Georgia WR's that Fromm's "Heisman" capabilities are going to throw to against a real good Florida DB crew.

On the other hand Florida's unknown OL and good RB's go up against an okay Georgia DL, good LB's and decent DB's with some really good WR's for Franks to throw to.

THAT should translate to a close game and it's my way too early prediction that Florida beats Georgia in Jacksonville November 2, 2019.
    Did Athlon rate the QBs ?

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    He was the 4th best QB in the country last year behind Tua, Lawrence and Murray, all of whom will play in the NFL. Franks was improving fast, but he has a long way to go to reach that level.

That said, FL now has a pretty good head coach. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    I wouldn't be surprised if some teams have Fromm at the top of their QB position board in the 2020 draft. I think he needs to show that he can throw over the middle of the field but I'm not sure if that is schematic or a deficiency or a schematic decision due to a deficiency. He can hit all the difficult throws on the outside consistently though. He's lit us up by beating the corner's reaction to a quick hitch or out to the wide side of the field.

Tua has shown he can make all the throws but really only has to prove he's not just piling on big college yards with the RPO. I think he's the top guy especially with people wanting to copy-cat Mahomes but it isn't a slam dunk.
    Last edited by rgw; June 15th, 2019 at 12:27 PM.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
    Did Athlon rate the QBs ?
    I don't know but as a Bama fan since the 60's I'm not used to having top QB's. They can win games and lose games for you. I'm glad we have Tua but normally I'm more comfortable with a good serviceable QB with a really good team around him.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Kirby should be used to the pressure since he led the D for many years. I don't think the pressure will bother him. I suppose the question should be will the pressure of high recruiting get to Georgia fans.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

The Florida-georgia game will be close because it is.........well, it's Florida georgia. If anyone thinks that Franks will take over and win that game for Florida will be kidding themselves. The Jones kid that got kicked off the team (not Emory) would have started by the georgia game. I've heard from friends that Emory is not getting the play book yet. Regardless, it is my hope that the Gators bite the dawgs in half.

I'll believe UF has a legitimate chance against UGA when they do it on the field.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I'll believe UF has a legitimate chance against UGA when they do it on the field.
    I think Mac and Mush did too much damage to the program and the recruiting base to expect Mullen to turn it around in 2 years. I would think UGA's biggest competition in the East might be Missouri or South Carolina with Tennessee and Florida still years away, and UK and Vandy just totally depleted.

So more or less, I think Florida beating UGA this year would be on par with Ole Miss beating Bama. But for an odd reason, upsets happen more often than should in that rivalry
    Last edited by 81usaf92; June 16th, 2019 at 10:16 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

I agree that Mullen is going to need more than two years to get the Gators back to challenging for the SEC East. Franks, to be fair, has only had one year of decent coaching, and could turn out to be a top QB, but right now he is a feast or famine QB. I still believe Lawrence is better than Tua and Fromm. UF is still a couple of years away from challenging UGA, still not sure about UT's outlook they have a much steeper hill to climb than UF.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner