Dabo Hires Tater Tot as a Graduate Assistant

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Does he still look like he was stung by a swarm of yellow jackets? The last pic I saw of him he looked "inflated".
My BIL had a few friends on the UNA staff when he was there. Apparently, he would come to staff meetings with a KFC bucket full of soda.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Dabo "Bobby I finally brought the better son to Clemson"

Joking aside, he was probably one of the most underrated game day coaches ever.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Lol. But he did take win 20 games in 2 years with a team that only won 10 in two years under dye.
True, but as much as I hate the “someone else’s players” cliché, there was a big drop off once his sub par recruiting practices became more apparent. Dameyune Craig basically being the offense covered a lot of those holes, but things fell apart quickly thereafter. We were pretty much full air raid in 98-99 because his idea for what a RB should be differed a lot from what actually worked. Took us a couple of years to recover.

It it was strange not having a running game until Tommy brought in some quality line recruits and Rudi Johnson.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Y'all can laugh if you want, but I've got two words for you: Butch Jones.

Look, anyone who has coached a top D1 program has forgotten more about football than most any of us here will ever know, and I guarantee that even if Bowden is just dissecting film, he's better equipped to do so than almost any GA in the country.

Clemson didn't get worse by doing this.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Look, anyone who has coached a top D1 program has forgotten more about football than most any of us here will ever know, and I guarantee that even if Bowden is just dissecting film, he's better equipped to do so than almost any GA in the country.

Two more words, Lane Kiffin.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Agreed, but this is still hilarious.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I get it, but at least Butch is an intern. Bowden is going to be a GA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012

Yeah, and two more words for you: Ore-Ida. As in Saban's pronouncement, "Good thing Dabo got him interned up at an inflated rate, Ore-Ida hired him myself as nutritional analyst."

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
1. Why is there such a thing as a degree or graduate degree in “athletic leadership?”

2. Why is a 63 yo former head football coach of D1 trying to get this? His last chance to get that elusive A? Oooh oooh oooh call on meeeeee!!!!

Am i out of touch or just pretentious?

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.