Link: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets

Love Bama football but I guess I'm cheap.

BamaNation All-American

Iím already dreading that first home game in September against some no name that kicks off at 3:00. Iíll go to tailgate with friends but I may very well be back in Bham by the time the clock expires on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American Tide Rev's Avatar

No thanks, I’ll watch these from the comfort of my recliner seats.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Btw - for the first time in my life, I got an email on these tickets yesterday afternoon.

Incredible.

And the three "Bozo" games aren't worth $10 each much less what they're charging.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Btw - for the first time in my life, I got an email on these tickets yesterday afternoon.

Incredible.

And the three "Bozo" games aren't worth $10 each much less what they're charging.
    I think I will just stay home and not spend the gas money, food money, ticket money, deal with traffic, etc. I will only spend the $ it takes to run the electricity and whatever I already spent on food and drinks via grocery store that week. I will be happier.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Incredible.

I guess you aren't a true fan, because a true fan would pay for every bozo game, go to every bozo game, and pay that trumped up Tide Pride donation charge to pay for the Crimson Standard project. We need to do our part, even after years upon years of dumping loads of cash already, in order to help this program survive because we may one day be on death's door as a program financially .

Yeah its better to just get tickets from a scalper or second hand dealer these days. Tide Pride and season tickets are only good if you have had them for over 15-20 years or you have to have a specific seat at a specific price. Otherwise all you are doing is paying the great elephant for the honor of being called a season ticket holder and paying more money than every person who buys your neighbor's seat beside you throughout the year.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    I guess you aren't a true fan, because a true fan would pay for every bozo game, go to every bozo game, and pay that trumped up Tide Pride donation charge to pay for the Crimson Standard project. We need to do our part, even after years upon years of dumping loads of cash already, in order to help this program survive because we may one day be on death's door as a program financially .

Yeah its better to just get tickets from a scalper or second hand dealer these days. Tide Pride and season tickets are only good if you have had them for over 15-20 years or you have to have a specific seat at a specific price. Otherwise all you are doing is paying the great elephant for the honor of being called a season ticket holder and paying more money than every person who buys your neighbor's seat beside you throughout the year.
    You can only kill the goose that lays golden eggs once.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation First Team

2017-2018 season i bought the 5 game plan and was able to go to a couple good games. Much more affordable than season tickets. The Colorado St game I took my 10 year old daughter to get first game. Rtr

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RTR! GO CCU!

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

You can only kill the goose that lays golden eggs once.
    True. Back in the day you could get face value tickets with a little donation, good seats, games that werenít on tv, and options to bowl and away games. Now you get more options on zone seats, and it would take you about a decade before you get a lesser away game and bowl game because the old guard never gets rid of their tickets. I work with a guy that has over 20 years of continued commitment that doesnít get national championship or SECCG tickets unless itís a crappy opponent or a long distance and they are the crappiest parts of the stadium. The university is expecting the newer crowd to be the older crowd which they arenít mostly because they donít have the same benefits that the older crowd had ( ie non TV games and great away game packages). Itís why you see a lot of 5 game packages these days and now non TP season tickets

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/news/...icket-packages

Before I over react and think this is an early indication of future ticket sales, is this normal and I am forgetting it?
    I don't recall this happening during the Saban years. Also, I got way more emails about season ticket sales for faculty/staff this year than I ever have, probably more than in the last 5 years combined.

I got an email about tix, too, but believe I'll pass. I'll go to one in Tuscaloosa and if I can get tix for the Duke game and USCe game I'll go but that's probably about it. It's gotten way too expensive for me to go to many games anymore. Plus, when they start upgrading other programs so we can be competetive in more than just football and softball (consistently) I may decide it may be worth the money.
    Formerly known as BamaInCummingGa

BamaNation Second Team BamaRickandLisa's Avatar

South End Zone ?
    Naw !!!!

BamaNation All-American

I got another email invite today for a 4 game package including LSU and 1 other SEC game. Demand may have peaked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk