Link: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Re: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    I got another email invite today for a 4 game package including LSU and 1 other SEC game. Demand may have peaked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

I’m actually glad this is happening. Some of us stopped going to games several years ago for these same reasons. This is going to force the issue on ooc scheduling. Either schedule games that will be at least somewhat competitive or more and more people
    are not going in the stadium on game day. We have other options where to spend our time and dollars.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Iím actually glad this is happening. Some of us stopped going to games several years ago for these same reasons. This is going to force the issue on ooc scheduling. Either schedule games that will be at least somewhat competitive or more and more people
    are not going in the stadium on game day. We have other options where to spend our time and dollars.

I got this today, too.

I have no desire to go sit under the scorching September heat in BDS to watch us play New Mexico State.

I would at least consider it were we playing, say, Oklahoma State.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

I’m actually glad this is happening. Some of us stopped going to games several years ago for these same reasons. This is going to force the issue on ooc scheduling. Either schedule games that will be at least somewhat competitive or more and more people
    This doesnít have anything to do with the OOC part of the schedule. This is a normal thing that happens every year. Iíve gotten them for years.

The biggest reason that they are more desperate about it is because a good portion of Tide Pride fans told them that they werenít going to move or pay 10k per ticket to keep their seat because they are in a section that is affected by the Crimson Standard. Many canceled their orders a year early because it was such a slap in the face.

But as far as non competitive games and attendance... I can think of several of those games that have had more people than lower tier SEC games.

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    This doesn’t have anything to do with the OOC part of the schedule. This is a normal thing that happens every year. I’ve gotten them for years.

The biggest reason that they are more desperate about it is because a good portion of Tide Pride fans told them that they weren’t going to move or pay 10k per ticket to keep their seat because they are in a section that is affected by the Crimson Standard. Many canceled their orders a year early because it was such a slap in the face.

But as far as non competitive games and attendance... I can think of several of those games that have had more people than lower tier SEC games.
    Good point and well taken, as it applies to Tide Pride members. But to the r/f fans like myself and many others, the ooc part of the schedule IS a factor in not going to many of those games anymore and therefore driving up the available supply of tickets and empty seats.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

Good point and well taken, as it applies to Tide Pride members. But to the r/f fans like myself and many others, the ooc part of the schedule IS a factor in not going to many of those games anymore and therefore driving up the available supply of tickets and empty seats.
    Everyone that complains about how the schedule being more exciting would fix attendance still canít explain to me why I still see scalpers have hand full of tickets and giving them away for $10 to Iron Bowl games and SEC games at BDS.

The truth is folks are more tired of fighting weather, donkey fans, bathroom lines, and overpriced food than they are tired of who Alabama plays.

Everyone that complains about how the schedule being more exciting would fix attendance still can’t explain to me why I still see scalpers have hand full of tickets and giving them away for $10 to Iron Bowl games and SEC games at BDS.

The truth is folks are more tired of fighting weather, donkey fans, bathroom lines, and overpriced food than they are tired of who Alabama plays.
    Those things that you just mentioned have ALWAYS been a part of the in-stadium experience, at least going back to the mid 80’s when I first started going to games. Those things are never going to change. Fans that have no or little tolerance on those issues are not coming back, they will stay in the comfort of their living rooms.
    As far as the importance of the quality of the schedule as it relates to attending games, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Upgrade OOC and you most definitely will get me back down there. I know I’m not the only one that feels that way.

Those things that you just mentioned have ALWAYS been a part of the in-stadium experience, at least going back to the mid 80ís when I first started going to games. Those things are never going to change. Fans that have no or little tolerance on those issues are not coming back, they will stay in the comfort of their living rooms.
    As far as the importance of the quality of the schedule as it relates to attending games, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Upgrade OOC and you most definitely will get me back down there. I know Iím not the only one that feels that way.
    Going to a game in the 80ís, 90ís, and 2000ís was a different experience mostly because PPV was still a thing. Meaning people would go to a lot more games because they werenít on TV. Now every game is televised and most people feel that there is no reason to go to but one game a year to avoid weather and the universityís greed.

As far as upgrading the OOC... I just donít see it. Yeah I guess the exceptions of Texas, Oklahoma,and ND might give it a boost, but that is just trading a neutral site game for a H&H. You canít just schedule 4 P5s and expect 1) everyone else to do so and 2) win a championship. An argument can be made to get rid of FCS schools but G5ís are essential to National Championship runs because they serve a developmental games. But again USM if it is a night game will have more folks than Ole Miss if that is a day game.

The scorching heat is more of an issue for me.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Going to a game in the 80’s, 90’s, and 2000’s was a different experience mostly because PPV was still a thing. Meaning people would go to a lot more games because they weren’t on TV. Now every game is televised and most people feel that there is no reason to go to but one game a year to avoid weather and the university’s greed. .
    There is also the fact that Alabama is vastly improved since Saban arrived. Games that were somewhat competitive before are now 40 point blowouts. Heck, fans always had at least a little bit of worry about a game, even against lesser opponents. That simply is not the case anymore for Alabama fans.

Add the cost of attending so many destination games and Alabama fans face a situation unique to the sport.

Alabama fans looking for cheap tickets after they complain about poor OOC games...

Alabama fans looking for better OOC games after complaining about tickets being too expensive...

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I haven't posted here in a hot minute but a couple of thoughts.

In the old days, these OOC games would have been at night. It wouldn't have been perfect, but the heat and humidity would have subsided a great deal. Now the SEC Network is here to put the games on at 2 pm. More than anything, that's the double-whammy that's keeping people away.

Second, there are more fall youth sports than ever before. For years, if you didn't play football, you had no sports to play in the fall. Now there's fall baseball, soccer, lacrosse, football, cross country. There's more competition for families' time than ever.

Y'all can complain about that OOC schedule all you want, but other than the home and home series scheduled for next decade, that's not changing.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Everyone that complains about how the schedule being more exciting would fix attendance still can’t explain to me why I still see scalpers have hand full of tickets and giving them away for $10 to Iron Bowl games and SEC games at BDS.

You need to tell me where to find these people.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.