Link: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 68
  1. #53
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    19,862

    Re: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    We T

    You won’t. It’s a total straw man argument.

    I’m basically joe six pack. I’m lower middle class in income. I used to go to Tuscaloosa a couple of times a year to see the games, and I am fortunate to know someone plugged into the athletic dept through a current employee whereby I could tailgate on Bryant Dr through this contact with all the free food and drink that I want. I stopped going to games two years ago cold turkey. One of the reasons? The schedule. I want to watch a game against a worthy ooc opponent, not against a directional school that will never really be competitive. I simply will not spend that kind of money in gas and other expenses to watch what we all know up front will be a blow out.
    To clarify - I was referring to seats to SEC games so cheaply.

    LSU will never be that. I went to the 2015 game, and I met a scalper well up Bryant Drive (e.g. not even close to the stadium). I got the lowdown from him on it because I'd paid about $230 on Stub Hub per ticket to the game. He said that the LSU game was the highest one they had, and on Game Day tix were about $200. If you'll recall the 15 game - which was a top four showdown - it rained all day that day and was a pretty nasty walk.


    The 2016 MSU game, I'm not really surprised. That was an 11 am kickoff against a 4-5 team. My first BDS game was the 2012 MSU game, where the Dawgs were undefeated - and despite the fact that MSU and UA are the geographically closest schools in the SEC, there were virtually NO Bulldog fans to be found anywhere. Yes, it was a cool, overcast day that turned cold plus a late kickoff, but you've got #13 vs #1 and both teams are undefeated.

    At the 2016 MSU game, virtually the ENTIRE upper deck on the Alabama side (west side of the stadium) was completely empty. I mean NOBODY. It did get quite a few fans well into the first quarter, but it was pretty lame.

    I went to the 2013 UK-MSU game at DWS. Including StubHub fees, I paid $9 per ticket.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

    I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

    Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

    After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

  2. #54
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,485

    Re: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    To clarify - I was referring to seats to SEC games so cheaply.

    LSU will never be that. I went to the 2015 game, and I met a scalper well up Bryant Drive (e.g. not even close to the stadium). I got the lowdown from him on it because I'd paid about $230 on Stub Hub per ticket to the game. He said that the LSU game was the highest one they had, and on Game Day tix were about $200. If you'll recall the 15 game - which was a top four showdown - it rained all day that day and was a pretty nasty walk.


    The 2016 MSU game, I'm not really surprised. That was an 11 am kickoff against a 4-5 team. My first BDS game was the 2012 MSU game, where the Dawgs were undefeated - and despite the fact that MSU and UA are the geographically closest schools in the SEC, there were virtually NO Bulldog fans to be found anywhere. Yes, it was a cool, overcast day that turned cold plus a late kickoff, but you've got #13 vs #1 and both teams are undefeated.

    At the 2016 MSU game, virtually the ENTIRE upper deck on the Alabama side (west side of the stadium) was completely empty. I mean NOBODY. It did get quite a few fans well into the first quarter, but it was pretty lame.

    I went to the 2013 UK-MSU game at DWS. Including StubHub fees, I paid $9 per ticket.
    Also consider the 2015 LSU game had an undefeated LSU, 2 Heisman contenders, and was a #2 vs #4 matchup. Scalpers were going to be high until the game started.


    But take the 2016 Auburn game, I knew a guy who got his wife, his 2 kids, and himself tickets on the 30 yard line for 25 bucks a piece by waiting until 30 minutes until kickoff. Ive personally got me and a guy at our tent $10 tickets on the 40 to the 2012 Auburn game. This is the Iron Bowl that we are talking about.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

    Hannibal

  3. #55
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    19,862

    Re: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Also consider the 2015 LSU game had an undefeated LSU, 2 Heisman contenders, and was a #2 vs #4 matchup. Scalpers were going to be high until the game started.


    But take the 2016 Auburn game, I knew a guy who got his wife, his 2 kids, and himself tickets on the 30 yard line for 25 bucks a piece by waiting until 30 minutes until kickoff. Ive personally got me and a guy at our tent $10 tickets on the 40 to the 2012 Auburn game. This is the Iron Bowl that we are talking about.
    I was at both of those.

    We need to meet up next time I'm there because I'm getting gouged.

    The 2016 stadium was packed (not a sellout but close).

    2012? heh.......
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

    I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

    Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

    After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

  4. #56
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,485

    Re: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    I was at both of those.

    We need to meet up next time I'm there because I'm getting gouged.

    The 2016 stadium was packed (not a sellout but close).

    2012? heh.......
    Sounds like a plan, but also take into account those prices are determined by how good Auburn is or if Alabama fans are out for revenge. If Auburn fans believe they have a chance or Alabama fans are mad then prices are going to be way up. The 2014 game was a hard ticket because Auburn fans believed Gus's offense was unstoppable and Alabama fans wanted revenge for the Kick Six. It also was the first night Iron Bowl in a long time. But if Auburn comes in limping then its an easy ticket.

    LSU is a different beast. I think much of it is due to the fact LSU fans travel well, and its a reason for every Alabama tailgate to have 10 pots of gumbo. The cheapest non zone ticket Ive ever seen from a scalper was about $150 (which is an awesome deal).

    But my overall point in all of this is that if scalpers have boatloads of tickets and selling them under face value for Auburn and Tennessee games then its not exactly an elevated opponent issue. Its more of a "I rather watch football on my high def tv than pay ludicrous prices for hotdogs, wait in lines for bathroom and concessions, sit with donkeys I don't know, and have to deal with the weather and traffic" issue. Sure I think replacing a neutral site game vs a blueblood with a home and home vs one will probably gain you one more good attendance, but I highly doubt replacing NMSU with Baylor, TTU, or practically 90% of the P5 is going to fix or drastically improve attendance. In fact I think its going to do the opposite after there is a prolonged championship drought and when scalpers/ second hand dealers start really controlling the price of tickets.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; July 25th, 2019 at 10:11 AM.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

    Hannibal

  5. #57
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    5,622

    Re: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    We T

    You wonít. Itís a total straw man argument.

    Iím basically joe six pack. Iím lower middle class in income. I used to go to Tuscaloosa a couple of times a year to see the games, and I am fortunate to know someone plugged into the athletic dept through a current employee whereby I could tailgate on Bryant Dr through this contact with all the free food and drink that I want. I stopped going to games two years ago cold turkey. One of the reasons? The schedule. I want to watch a game against a worthy ooc opponent, not against a directional school that will never really be competitive. I simply will not spend that kind of money in gas and other expenses to watch what we all know up front will be a blow out.
    All due respect, but this is a weird argument. We've never had consistently strong OOC games at home - UCLA in 01, Oklahoma in 03, Penn State in 10. Beyond that - what? The schedule is no different now than it has been for thirty years! The problem, it seems, is that our SEC foes have been woefully inconsistent.

  6. #58
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Watching the tide roll north of T-Town
    Posts
    252

    Re: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets

    I have been a season ticket holder since 1998. I think this could be my last year. I use to love going to games but it all changed when they made the stadium bigger and changed the parking. I live two hours from the stadium but it takes about 5 to 6 to get home after a game.
    T-town does not have the roads for 100,000 people. I also hate parking at the mall or two miles from the stadium. If it was up to me we would built a new stadium with nice seats holding about 65,000 to 70,000.
    Last edited by Roll Tide Roll 17; July 28th, 2019 at 02:18 AM.

  7. #59
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,054

    Re: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets

    Home and home with Wisconsin is attractive. Badger fans have been known to drink a beer or two.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #60
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sylacauga,AL
    Posts
    11,485

    Re: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets

    I will go to Madison. Probably one of the best atmospheres ever.

  9. #61
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    183

    Re: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    I got another email invite today for a 4 game package including LSU and 1 other SEC game. Demand may have peaked.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was surprised when I saw mini-game packages were available including LSU.

  10. #62
    BamaNation All-American theBIGyowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,625

    Re: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets

    The biggest hurdle for Tide Pride and the Athletics Ticket Sales group is that most of our home games have tickets available below face value if the fans are willing to wait until an hour before kickoff. It makes it very tough to justify spending that much money on games you know you will overpay just to attend.

    Case in point...the kickoff game last year in Orlando. You could have gotten in for a tiny fraction of face value...to watch the defending National Champions...minutes away from an easy vacation over Labor Day weekend. And that's not even a home game.

    The rest of the CFB world had Bama fatigue years ago...and I am starting to think our own fans are suffering the same symptoms. I don't think the University is going to be successful selling ticket packages at face value...and not including extra perks. It's just the way things are.
    I remember my first game as a child and the amazing feeling I got when I first walked into Bryant-Denny. I still get that same feeling every single game.

  11. #63
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Vinny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Rockaway, NJ
    Posts
    8,151

    Re: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by theBIGyowski View Post
    The biggest hurdle for Tide Pride and the Athletics Ticket Sales group is that most of our home games have tickets available below face value if the fans are willing to wait until an hour before kickoff. It makes it very tough to justify spending that much money on games you know you will overpay just to attend.

    Case in point...the kickoff game last year in Orlando. You could have gotten in for a tiny fraction of face value...to watch the defending National Champions...minutes away from an easy vacation over Labor Day weekend. And that's not even a home game.

    The rest of the CFB world had Bama fatigue years ago...and I am starting to think our own fans are suffering the same symptoms. I don't think the University is going to be successful selling ticket packages at face value...and not including extra perks. It's just the way things are.
    That ticked me off last September. I purchased 3 face value tickets from TP and for the location of where my seats were under the overhang in the lower lever just up and to the left of the MDB, they were not worth the price. We ran into folks on the way out that paid pennies. We were in Orlando and thought it would be neat to go to the Alabama game instead of the Disney parks that night.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

  12. #64
    FB Moderator Bamabuzzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Posts
    24,280

    Re: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    MLB also has an entire different fan base as well, and an entire different season ticket holder situation. Most of your casual MLB fans donít go for Wins and Losses, but go for the feel of the game, the promotion that night, or just something to do. Promotion nights (especially concerts, thirsty Thursdays, and bobble head nights) drive huge crowds. You also have those 50/50 raffles every night in which a fan can walk away with anywhere from 6k to 25k depending on the pot. MLB games are also typically at decent times of the day where you can go and not worry that much about work the next morning and are not burning up unless you go on a Sunday or that rare week day game.

    Also there are far different options to be a season ticket holder, and many incentives to be one as well. For example, if you wanted to be an A-list member for the Atlanta Braves right now then you could get a partial season ticket package and choose to make it a personal package, a business package, or a premium package. With all of them you get free parking, discounted food, meet and greets with players and staff throughout the year, first options for post season and the 2021 All Star game, and discounted merchandise. If you only wanted to go to certain amount of games, weíll say 8 out of 30, then you can donate those 22 tickets back to the Braves for upgraded seats with no extra cost. Also like Iíve hinted at, there really isnít a wait list unless you get into very specific seating.

    The MLB goes out of its way to make casual fans and season ticket holders extremely happy like no other sport with perks and overall experience. But also consider the number of games, types of people going, and type of game. The Atlanta Braves can take more financial risks for fan happiness than Alabama because you are talking about 80 plus games vs 8 games.

    But I do think Alabama should do some things like the Braves do to make the fan experience better, like maybe have fan zones because your casual fan is only going to go and see the Bryant Museum only so many times. The Braves built an area behind the stadium with bars and shops called the Battery in which fans could mingle before, during, and after the game and get a 1st class experience. They have made bank because of it. I have came around to UAfan4lifeís ( sorry if misspelled) idea of a concert or something after some of the cream puff games, but the problem with that is that you have no idea if that game is a 11 am, 3pm, or a 7pm game while the Braves know 95% of the game times in January already.
    You're describing exactly what a buddy of mine has continued to say over and over about today's sports fan. The game has (in many aspects) become secondary and not the main reason fans attend. It is the exact reason the Braves did what they did. Just attending and watching the game isn't enough anymore for today's fan.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

    "It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

    "If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

  13. #65
    FB Moderator Bamabuzzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Posts
    24,280

    Re: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    All due respect, but this is a weird argument. We've never had consistently strong OOC games at home - UCLA in 01, Oklahoma in 03, Penn State in 10. Beyond that - what? The schedule is no different now than it has been for thirty years! The problem, it seems, is that our SEC foes have been woefully inconsistent.
    And I'd venture to say that Alabama (outside of Coach Bryant's hayday) has never been this dominant where the gap between Bama and the SEC team across the field was as wide. I'll admit, Tennessee has been in the dumpster fire for a while. But I think the strength of Bama during Saban's time has made them look a lot worse than other teams. We simply have destroyed them and it has been due to how strong our teams have been compared to pre Saban.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

    "It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

    "If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear