Link: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets

https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/news/...icket-packages

Before I over react and think this is an early indication of future ticket sales, is this normal and I am forgetting it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Second Team

Re: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets

Apparently, ticket prices (and all of the associated fees) have hit the saturation point, and the ticket-buying fans are showing the administration the ole crimson finger.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post

Before I over react and think this is an early indication of future ticket sales, is this normal and I am forgetting it?
    I don't recall them doing this in the past, and with a TidePride waiting list, don't know how they could unless sales are down.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I don't recall them doing this in the past, and with a TidePride waiting list, don't know how they could unless sales are down.
    My thoughts as well.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Wow! How can they justify the TidePride waiting list given this? Something isn't right.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

So do all the “Alabama football is in high demand so you should give them your wallet” folks still saying that it is in the best interest of the University to continue to price goug folks who have been loyal to them for over 30 years of going to games?

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Wow! How can they justify the TidePride waiting list given this? Something isn't right.
    Because that $25 fee was desperation on their part because all those loyal fans just gave them the other #1 finger after being price gouged to hell.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I think they had some struggles last year but this year has been much worse. Faculty/staff ticket package buy-in was clearly not up to snuff because they were practically begging me to sign up over email.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation All-American GP for Bama's Avatar

Well if people want tickets then here is your chance! The Bama tickets are no more expensive than other major football schools.
    Bama 937-320-44 73.7% On the field

2018 SEC CHAMPS!

BamaNation Second Team

I also like how you have to pay for the tickets, donate to the school, pay a processing fee, and pay an "order charge." Especially since the order charge is somewhat hidden below the package options and not included in the section that the other prices are included.

BamaNation All-American

Also, I received notice that I’m now eligible for A&M and MSU road tickets which wasn’t the case at Tide Pride renewal time. It would seem that demand has peaked and Tide fans are a bit tapped out.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

I recall Tennessee doing this a few years ago......

Anecdotal evidence: I bought someone else's season tickets for the 2016 and 2017 seasons (different persons each time). Last year, I was not going to be able to go anyway - remember, I live in Dallas, so for me it's huge expense just to go to one game, and I have a child in "college" (a conservatory), so I didn't even try. This year, I got a text message from the broker who sold me tickets two years ago asking if I wanted season tickets. I politely declined, mostly because I'm not paying a fortune for what amounts to two decent home games.

I'd never heard of someone having (or feeling they had) to contact someone else in order to sell Alabama football tickets.

I know folks get upset about the overall grind, and since we've BY FAR played more games than anyone else since 2014 - and more big ones - I "get" not opening with Ohio St in BDS.

But at some point, the novelty of "the BDS experience" wears out on the locals, and who in their right minds is spending Saturday at BDS watching us end the game with New Mexico St or Mercer in the first qtr? We haven't lost a home game to an unranked team since 2007, and very few of those kinds of games have even been close. At some point - especially in the HDTV age, everyone has a big screen, plumbing going out in the stadium so you have to hold it - the expense isn't worth it.
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    I recall Tennessee doing this a few years ago......

Anecdotal evidence: I bought someone else's season tickets for the 2016 and 2017 seasons (different persons each time). Last year, I was not going to be able to go anyway - remember, I live in Dallas, so for me it's huge expense just to go to one game, and I have a child in "college" (a conservatory), so I didn't even try. This year, I got a text message from the broker who sold me tickets two years ago asking if I wanted season tickets. I politely declined, mostly because I'm not paying a fortune for what amounts to two decent home games.

I'd never heard of someone having (or feeling they had) to contact someone else in order to sell Alabama football tickets.

I know folks get upset about the overall grind, and since we've BY FAR played more games than anyone else since 2014 - and more big ones - I "get" not opening with Ohio St in BDS.

But at some point, the novelty of "the BDS experience" wears out on the locals, and who in their right minds is spending Saturday at BDS watching us end the game with New Mexico St or Mercer in the first qtr? We haven't lost a home game to an unranked team since 2007, and very few of those kinds of games have even been close. At some point - especially in the HDTV age, everyone has a big screen, plumbing going out in the stadium so you have to hold it - the expense isn't worth it.
    It really isn’t the “wearing out the locals” it’s the university saying “screw you and pay us more” to their most loyal fans and wondering why their numbers aren’t going up when they do that and ask money from fans that aren’t on Tide Pride

My friend’s uncle got on Tide Pride from literally day 1, and got to practically pick his 50 yard line seats in the shade. He had 12 tickets that he has paid for for over 30 years. He knew the renovations were probably going to affect him and was prepared to move if it was a somewhat understandable place. The university basically gave him 2 options. 1) move and have scattered seating in the zone seats or 2) Get box seats for over 120k a year in donation fees alone.No one in their right mind will take option one, and there is a reason zone seats have the most turnover. He basically said he wasn’t doing 120k a year. They must’ve really thought that folks were going for those options because they came back with a lesser price. Basically everyone was too hacked off to even consider it. There are many stories just like this one on other sites.

It was after this that the university started the absurd paying to stay on the waiting list thing and running vendors off campus. The university is desperate because they have found out that they just made some of their most loyal customers seriously angry and are having to rely more on younger and unpredictable Tide Priders to start carrying a heavier load. It’s really no coincidence that the Crimson Standard hasn’t gone according to plan, and season tickets are now available to the public after a mass exodus of waiting list people and Tide Priders for over 30 years finally giving up tickets.

The university’s greed has finally caught up to them.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; July 24th, 2019 at 04:41 PM.