Link: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Apparently, ticket prices (and all of the associated fees) have hit the saturation point, and the ticket-buying fans are showing the administration the ole crimson finger.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Wow! How can they justify the TidePride waiting list given this? Something isn't right.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
So do all the “Alabama football is in high demand so you should give them your wallet” folks still saying that it is in the best interest of the University to continue to price goug folks who have been loyal to them for over 30 years of going to games?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Well if people want tickets then here is your chance! The Bama tickets are no more expensive than other major football schools.

Ratal

3rd Team
Aug 29, 2006
I also like how you have to pay for the tickets, donate to the school, pay a processing fee, and pay an "order charge." Especially since the order charge is somewhat hidden below the package options and not included in the section that the other prices are included.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Also, I received notice that I’m now eligible for A&M and MSU road tickets which wasn’t the case at Tide Pride renewal time. It would seem that demand has peaked and Tide fans are a bit tapped out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
https://www.tuscaloosanews.com/news...labama-offers-season-football-ticket-packages

Before I over react and think this is an early indication of future ticket sales, is this normal and I am forgetting it?

I recall Tennessee doing this a few years ago......

Anecdotal evidence: I bought someone else's season tickets for the 2016 and 2017 seasons (different persons each time). Last year, I was not going to be able to go anyway - remember, I live in Dallas, so for me it's huge expense just to go to one game, and I have a child in "college" (a conservatory), so I didn't even try. This year, I got a text message from the broker who sold me tickets two years ago asking if I wanted season tickets. I politely declined, mostly because I'm not paying a fortune for what amounts to two decent home games.

I'd never heard of someone having (or feeling they had) to contact someone else in order to sell Alabama football tickets.

I know folks get upset about the overall grind, and since we've BY FAR played more games than anyone else since 2014 - and more big ones - I "get" not opening with Ohio St in BDS.

But at some point, the novelty of "the BDS experience" wears out on the locals, and who in their right minds is spending Saturday at BDS watching us end the game with New Mexico St or Mercer in the first qtr? We haven't lost a home game to an unranked team since 2007, and very few of those kinds of games have even been close. At some point - especially in the HDTV age, everyone has a big screen, plumbing going out in the stadium so you have to hold it - the expense isn't worth it.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I recall Tennessee doing this a few years ago......

Anecdotal evidence: I bought someone else's season tickets for the 2016 and 2017 seasons (different persons each time). Last year, I was not going to be able to go anyway - remember, I live in Dallas, so for me it's huge expense just to go to one game, and I have a child in "college" (a conservatory), so I didn't even try. This year, I got a text message from the broker who sold me tickets two years ago asking if I wanted season tickets. I politely declined, mostly because I'm not paying a fortune for what amounts to two decent home games.

I'd never heard of someone having (or feeling they had) to contact someone else in order to sell Alabama football tickets.

I know folks get upset about the overall grind, and since we've BY FAR played more games than anyone else since 2014 - and more big ones - I "get" not opening with Ohio St in BDS.

But at some point, the novelty of "the BDS experience" wears out on the locals, and who in their right minds is spending Saturday at BDS watching us end the game with New Mexico St or Mercer in the first qtr? We haven't lost a home game to an unranked team since 2007, and very few of those kinds of games have even been close. At some point - especially in the HDTV age, everyone has a big screen, plumbing going out in the stadium so you have to hold it - the expense isn't worth it.
It really isn’t the “wearing out the locals” it’s the university saying “screw you and pay us more” to their most loyal fans and wondering why their numbers aren’t going up when they do that and ask money from fans that aren’t on Tide Pride

My friend’s uncle got on Tide Pride from literally day 1, and got to practically pick his 50 yard line seats in the shade. He had 12 tickets that he has paid for for over 30 years. He knew the renovations were probably going to affect him and was prepared to move if it was a somewhat understandable place. The university basically gave him 2 options. 1) move and have scattered seating in the zone seats or 2) Get box seats for over 120k a year in donation fees alone.No one in their right mind will take option one, and there is a reason zone seats have the most turnover. He basically said he wasn’t doing 120k a year. They must’ve really thought that folks were going for those options because they came back with a lesser price. Basically everyone was too hacked off to even consider it. There are many stories just like this one on other sites.

It was after this that the university started the absurd paying to stay on the waiting list thing and running vendors off campus. The university is desperate because they have found out that they just made some of their most loyal customers seriously angry and are having to rely more on younger and unpredictable Tide Priders to start carrying a heavier load. It’s really no coincidence that the Crimson Standard hasn’t gone according to plan, and season tickets are now available to the public after a mass exodus of waiting list people and Tide Priders for over 30 years finally giving up tickets.

The university’s greed has finally caught up to them.

Last edited:

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I’m already dreading that first home game in September against some no name that kicks off at 3:00. I’ll go to tailgate with friends but I may very well be back in Bham by the time the clock expires on that one.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Btw - for the first time in my life, I got an email on these tickets yesterday afternoon.

Incredible.

And the three "Bozo" games aren't worth $10 each much less what they're charging.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Btw - for the first time in my life, I got an email on these tickets yesterday afternoon.

Incredible.

And the three "Bozo" games aren't worth $10 each much less what they're charging.
I think I will just stay home and not spend the gas money, food money, ticket money, deal with traffic, etc. I will only spend the $ it takes to run the electricity and whatever I already spent on food and drinks via grocery store that week. I will be happier.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Incredible.

I guess you aren't a true fan, because a true fan would pay for every bozo game, go to every bozo game, and pay that trumped up Tide Pride donation charge to pay for the Crimson Standard project. We need to do our part, even after years upon years of dumping loads of cash already, in order to help this program survive because we may one day be on death's door as a program financially .

Yeah its better to just get tickets from a scalper or second hand dealer these days. Tide Pride and season tickets are only good if you have had them for over 15-20 years or you have to have a specific seat at a specific price. Otherwise all you are doing is paying the great elephant for the honor of being called a season ticket holder and paying more money than every person who buys your neighbor's seat beside you throughout the year.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I guess you aren't a true fan, because a true fan would pay for every bozo game, go to every bozo game, and pay that trumped up Tide Pride donation charge to pay for the Crimson Standard project. We need to do our part, even after years upon years of dumping loads of cash already, in order to help this program survive because we may one day be on death's door as a program financially .

Yeah its better to just get tickets from a scalper or second hand dealer these days. Tide Pride and season tickets are only good if you have had them for over 15-20 years or you have to have a specific seat at a specific price. Otherwise all you are doing is paying the great elephant for the honor of being called a season ticket holder and paying more money than every person who buys your neighbor's seat beside you throughout the year.
You can only kill the goose that lays golden eggs once.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.