Link: UA Offering Season and Mini-Package Tickets

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
2017-2018 season i bought the 5 game plan and was able to go to a couple good games. Much more affordable than season tickets. The Colorado St game I took my 10 year old daughter to get first game. Rtr

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You can only kill the goose that lays golden eggs once.
True. Back in the day you could get face value tickets with a little donation, good seats, games that weren’t on tv, and options to bowl and away games. Now you get more options on zone seats, and it would take you about a decade before you get a lesser away game and bowl game because the old guard never gets rid of their tickets. I work with a guy that has over 20 years of continued commitment that doesn’t get national championship or SECCG tickets unless it’s a crappy opponent or a long distance and they are the crappiest parts of the stadium. The university is expecting the newer crowd to be the older crowd which they aren’t mostly because they don’t have the same benefits that the older crowd had ( ie non TV games and great away game packages). It’s why you see a lot of 5 game packages these days and now non TP season tickets

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I got an email about tix, too, but believe I'll pass. I'll go to one in Tuscaloosa and if I can get tix for the Duke game and USCe game I'll go but that's probably about it. It's gotten way too expensive for me to go to many games anymore. Plus, when they start upgrading other programs so we can be competetive in more than just football and softball (consistently) I may decide it may be worth the money.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I got another email invite today for a 4 game package including LSU and 1 other SEC game. Demand may have peaked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I’m actually glad this is happening. Some of us stopped going to games several years ago for these same reasons. This is going to force the issue on ooc scheduling. Either schedule games that will be at least somewhat competitive or more and more people
are not going in the stadium on game day. We have other options where to spend our time and dollars.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I’m actually glad this is happening. Some of us stopped going to games several years ago for these same reasons. This is going to force the issue on ooc scheduling. Either schedule games that will be at least somewhat competitive or more and more people
are not going in the stadium on game day. We have other options where to spend our time and dollars.

I got this today, too.

I have no desire to go sit under the scorching September heat in BDS to watch us play New Mexico State.

I would at least consider it were we playing, say, Oklahoma State.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This doesn’t have anything to do with the OOC part of the schedule. This is a normal thing that happens every year. I’ve gotten them for years.

The biggest reason that they are more desperate about it is because a good portion of Tide Pride fans told them that they weren’t going to move or pay 10k per ticket to keep their seat because they are in a section that is affected by the Crimson Standard. Many canceled their orders a year early because it was such a slap in the face.

But as far as non competitive games and attendance... I can think of several of those games that have had more people than lower tier SEC games.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
This doesn’t have anything to do with the OOC part of the schedule. This is a normal thing that happens every year. I’ve gotten them for years.

The biggest reason that they are more desperate about it is because a good portion of Tide Pride fans told them that they weren’t going to move or pay 10k per ticket to keep their seat because they are in a section that is affected by the Crimson Standard. Many canceled their orders a year early because it was such a slap in the face.

But as far as non competitive games and attendance... I can think of several of those games that have had more people than lower tier SEC games.
Good point and well taken, as it applies to Tide Pride members. But to the r/f fans like myself and many others, the ooc part of the schedule IS a factor in not going to many of those games anymore and therefore driving up the available supply of tickets and empty seats.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Good point and well taken, as it applies to Tide Pride members. But to the r/f fans like myself and many others, the ooc part of the schedule IS a factor in not going to many of those games anymore and therefore driving up the available supply of tickets and empty seats.
Everyone that complains about how the schedule being more exciting would fix attendance still can’t explain to me why I still see scalpers have hand full of tickets and giving them away for $10 to Iron Bowl games and SEC games at BDS.

The truth is folks are more tired of fighting weather, donkey fans, bathroom lines, and overpriced food than they are tired of who Alabama plays.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Everyone that complains about how the schedule being more exciting would fix attendance still can’t explain to me why I still see scalpers have hand full of tickets and giving them away for $10 to Iron Bowl games and SEC games at BDS.

The truth is folks are more tired of fighting weather, donkey fans, bathroom lines, and overpriced food than they are tired of who Alabama plays.
Those things that you just mentioned have ALWAYS been a part of the in-stadium experience, at least going back to the mid 80’s when I first started going to games. Those things are never going to change. Fans that have no or little tolerance on those issues are not coming back, they will stay in the comfort of their living rooms.
As far as the importance of the quality of the schedule as it relates to attending games, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Upgrade OOC and you most definitely will get me back down there. I know I’m not the only one that feels that way.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Those things that you just mentioned have ALWAYS been a part of the in-stadium experience, at least going back to the mid 80’s when I first started going to games. Those things are never going to change. Fans that have no or little tolerance on those issues are not coming back, they will stay in the comfort of their living rooms.
As far as the importance of the quality of the schedule as it relates to attending games, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Upgrade OOC and you most definitely will get me back down there. I know I’m not the only one that feels that way.
Going to a game in the 80’s, 90’s, and 2000’s was a different experience mostly because PPV was still a thing. Meaning people would go to a lot more games because they weren’t on TV. Now every game is televised and most people feel that there is no reason to go to but one game a year to avoid weather and the university’s greed.

As far as upgrading the OOC... I just don’t see it. Yeah I guess the exceptions of Texas, Oklahoma,and ND might give it a boost, but that is just trading a neutral site game for a H&H. You can’t just schedule 4 P5s and expect 1) everyone else to do so and 2) win a championship. An argument can be made to get rid of FCS schools but G5’s are essential to National Championship runs because they serve a developmental games. But again USM if it is a night game will have more folks than Ole Miss if that is a day game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Going to a game in the 80’s, 90’s, and 2000’s was a different experience mostly because PPV was still a thing. Meaning people would go to a lot more games because they weren’t on TV. Now every game is televised and most people feel that there is no reason to go to but one game a year to avoid weather and the university’s greed. .
There is also the fact that Alabama is vastly improved since Saban arrived. Games that were somewhat competitive before are now 40 point blowouts. Heck, fans always had at least a little bit of worry about a game, even against lesser opponents. That simply is not the case anymore for Alabama fans.

Add the cost of attending so many destination games and Alabama fans face a situation unique to the sport.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Alabama fans looking for cheap tickets after they complain about poor OOC games...

Alabama fans looking for better OOC games after complaining about tickets being too expensive...

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
I haven't posted here in a hot minute but a couple of thoughts.

In the old days, these OOC games would have been at night. It wouldn't have been perfect, but the heat and humidity would have subsided a great deal. Now the SEC Network is here to put the games on at 2 pm. More than anything, that's the double-whammy that's keeping people away.

Second, there are more fall youth sports than ever before. For years, if you didn't play football, you had no sports to play in the fall. Now there's fall baseball, soccer, lacrosse, football, cross country. There's more competition for families' time than ever.

Y'all can complain about that OOC schedule all you want, but other than the home and home series scheduled for next decade, that's not changing.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

You need to tell me where to find these people.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
There is also the fact that Alabama is vastly improved since Saban arrived. Games that were somewhat competitive before are now 40 point blowouts. Heck, fans always had at least a little bit of worry about a game, even against lesser opponents. That simply is not the case anymore for Alabama fans.

Add the cost of attending so many destination games and Alabama fans face a situation unique to the sport.

And I think this is part of it, too.

If you're an Alabama fan but live a long way like I do, it's a case of, "Well, it's easy to get to Atlanta from Dallas (either by air or by car - you just get on I-20 and drive). I'd really like to see one of the championship games."

Consider how the post-season as really done us in with Dallas.

We lost to Ohio St the year the national title game was here or I'd have gone.
Last year, we wound up with Oklahoma and wanted to cut their speed and cut out any home field advantage, so we chose Miami.

I was actually going to go to the Clemson title game in Tampa (where we lost to Watson) because my sister's house was four miles from Raymond James. But two days before the game, I came down with a bad flu bug. Let's just say that's not a fun way to spend your week vacay, and it's worse when you lose the way we did.

But given my distance, I'm now to the point of "have I seen them play that team" or "is this the biggest reg season game" or "I'd like to go to a playoff game."

And then you have the fact that since the last couple of games in Atlanta have been against Georgia, the cost is insane.

I DID go to Michigan here in 2012 (and took my son).

I didn't go to the Mich St playoff, mostly because I worked that day and have a real reluctance to be out on the road on New Year's Eve. (Had the train system run close to Jerry World, I'd have gone to that game as well).

As far as USC, my son was the new mascot at high school and we were placing him first (including saving to send him to the Citrus Bowl).

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.