Link: 2020 Top Recruiting Targets

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017
Is Keon the only one we are going sign in 20 my understanding everybody will be back except for Beetle. also I think he is focusing on 21.

mlingerfelt31

All-SEC
Mar 9, 2017
About Kira what if we don't make the NCAAT do you think he would want to return to make it, it would be ashame if we didn't make the tournament.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
About Kira what if we don't make the NCAAT do you think he would want to return to make it, it would be ashame if we didn't make the tournament.
It would be a rare choice. NBA money makes NFL money look like peanuts.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Notes on what's next for the 2020 recruitment class

This was posted on Twitter by Charlie Potter:
Nate Oats on recruiting: "We said as a staff, 'We've got one senior. We really only have to get one. Let's not settle for somebody that maybe we should get. Let's go after some guys that can turn the thing around. Let's swing, and if we swing and miss, we'll still be alright."
– I'm taking it to mean that we are most likely done for the recruiting cycle and we got a recruit in Kembrose that cane help turn things around for the program.

• If we do decide to swing again to add another recruit for this class, keep an eye out for CG Jayden Stone or CG Karim Mane as possibles.

• It looks (as of now) that we will only lose Beetle and KL and retain everyone else. I'm more optimistic that JQ stays and with him and the addition of Ambrose and they guys that were hurt at the beginning of the season, I think we have the makes of a crazy good roster for 2021.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Notes on what's next for the 2020 recruitment class

This was posted on Twitter by Charlie Potter:
Nate Oats on recruiting: "We said as a staff, 'We've got one senior. We really only have to get one. Let's not settle for somebody that maybe we should get. Let's go after some guys that can turn the thing around. Let's swing, and if we swing and miss, we'll still be alright."
– I'm taking it to mean that we are most likely done for the recruiting cycle and we got a recruit in Kembrose that cane help turn things around for the program.

• If we do decide to swing again to add another recruit for this class, keep an eye out for CG Jayden Stone or CG Karim Mane as possibles.

• It looks (as of now) that we will only lose Beetle and KL and retain everyone else. I'm more optimistic that JQ stays and with him and the addition of Ambrose and they guys that were hurt at the beginning of the season, I think we have the makes of a crazy good roster for 2021.
Certainly can not disagree with this if everyone comes back that should next season.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Looks like there's still a chance for one more recruit this cycle in a position of need:

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1197191960504799232

Also we are going after Charles Bediako who is Ambrose-Hylton's teammate. He is a 2021 recruit but he may re-classify to 2020. Oats was saying the Canadian guys may want to stick together so we appear to still be going hard for the '20 class. Here is Bediako's profile page.

https://247sports.com/Player/Charles-Bediako-46057514/

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Karim would be a great pickup for us, JQ would be the only PG we have next season so we need at least one more guard.

Charles has a TON of upside. Would be a great get if we could get him. Check out one of his highlight reels, great athleticism for his size: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxHaoxLdOFA

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Karim would be a great pickup for us, JQ would be the only PG we have next season so we need at least one more guard.

Charles has a TON of upside. Would be a great get if we could get him. Check out one of his highlight reels, great athleticism for his size: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxHaoxLdOFA
I had not seen any video on him and you are right about his athleticism and with the way he runs the floor he would be a great fit. I would welcome all these hosers ;).

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Given that Kira will probably not be back next year then we desperately need to sign another guard who can run point in this recruiting cycle. Even if Kira stayes there will be someone leave unexpectedly so getting another guard would still be a priority with the style of play that CNO wants to play. Getting a healthy Rojas (versatile 4), Gary (tweener 3-4), and Ambrose as newcomers along with veterans Reese, Davis, etc should be enough inside guys. I always felt like CAJ should have recruited another PG but he insisted on jr being the backup and after jr graduated there did not appear to be a plan in place for a backup for Kira for this year.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Given that Kira will probably not be back next year then we desperately need to sign another guard who can run point in this recruiting cycle. Even if Kira stayes there will be someone leave unexpectedly so getting another guard would still be a priority with the style of play that CNO wants to play. Getting a healthy Rojas (versatile 4), Gary (tweener 3-4), and Ambrose as newcomers along with veterans Reese, Davis, etc should be enough inside guys. I always felt like CAJ should have recruited another PG but he insisted on jr being the backup and after jr graduated there did not appear to be a plan in place for a backup for Kira for this year.
CAJ actually did ... most forget about Jared Butler because of the issue with him not being cleared to play medically. Right now, the guy to take the helm is JQ Smooth ... which will be a one-an-done scenario if everything goes the way I think it will. Dude is uber-talented.

We need another one to replace Beatle since he's a senior. We actually need 3 total due to depth purposes, but getting at least one more through the HS ranks will help. I think this is where Karim Mane comes into play. Also don't be surprised if we look to the transfer portal as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.