Next Head Coach; Dabo, Kirby, or Jimbo

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
When that time comes, I hope Coach Saban has a say in the hiring, he knows who would come in & build off what he's built at Bama..
Remember, Saban highly recommended Derek Dooley. He is the greatest head coach of all time, but I am not sure that he should pick your next one.

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
Remember, Saban highly recommended Derek Dooley. He is the greatest head coach of all time, but I am not sure that he should pick your next one.
Of course he recommended Dooley ! I luv it when a plan comes together .. :) 12-0

Last edited:

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Did you mean “Implicated” instead of implemented?

Actually, with Terry Bowden’s resurrection at Clemson, under Dabo... I expect to see his name become worn out in these worn out threads! RTR,,,the season can’t get here soon enough!!!
For quite some time I’ve read messages alluding to the things that happened under Dubose which somehow implemented Dabo too....I still don’t understand this line of reasoning, but I do think DABO is more principled than Kirby or Jimbo and is a better coach too. I think he would be my personal choice to replace Nick whenever that year comes; WHAT SAY YOU?

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
As none of the proffered options are likely to come to Bama, I'll say David Shaw.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
How old is Hayden Fox? Didn’t he take the Screaming Eagles to a national title? Bring him in and install Dauber as the replacement “coach in waiting”.

Yep...fall camp can’t get here soon enough.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I think Dauber lives on my street...(Doppleganger)
How old is Hayden Fox? Didn’t he take the Screaming Eagles to a national title? Bring him in and install Dauber as the replacement “coach in waiting”.

Yep...fall camp can’t get here soon enough.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
None of those 3. By the time Saban retires I would say we will have a very good idea of how well Cristobal and Pruitt can coach. Both great recruiters. I would prefer Pruitt if he does well at Tennessee.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
None of the 3. Mark Ingram will be the next coach at Bama! Or Damien Harris or maybe Tua when his NFL career is done. Saban isn't going to retire anytime soon. 8 more years at least assuming he healthy.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Go ahead and scratch Kirby from your list!

He burned the bridges and then blew up their foundations when he left... :cool2:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
LOL! Your kidding, right?

We ARE talking about it, right? Peewee Herman wasn't available and Saban was just getting Dooley a chance to step up...

Seriously, I don't believe for a second that CNS would have recommended Dooley to replace himself if that were the situation at that particular time. :cool2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.