Jon Stewart schools Congress on 9/11 First Responders

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
just saw this and was about to post it. he's angry as hell and rightfully so.

this was done in a nearly empty house judiciary committee meeting on 9/11 first responder health care. shameful.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I don't agree with Stewart about much,but he is right about this subject. The way congress has treated 911 first responders is shameful and most of these scumbags didn't even bother to show up. Can we just vote everyone out?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don't agree with Stewart about much,but he is right about this subject. The way congress has treated 911 first responders is shameful and most of these scumbags didn't even bother to show up. Can we just vote everyone out?
there are a lot of congress folk that did a lot of heavy lifting to eventually get this stuff passed, and a lot of congress folk who continually put up roadblocks to its passage. we may not want to reflexively vote everyone out.

James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
just saw this and was about to post it. he's angry as hell and rightfully so.

this was done in a nearly empty house judiciary committee meeting on 9/11 first responder health care. shameful.
turns out this was a sub committee, there were a few members not present, but it wasn't as empty as it first appeared. i would think this should get out of the house easily.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The bill passed the House overwhelmingly with about 11 dissenting votes. (I think that was the number).

One negative vote was from Mo Brooks of Alabama. Anti-Trumpet Justin Amash also voted against it. Mike Rogers of Alabama didn’t vote at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.