CWS: game threads

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Not sure how much interest is out there but I'll be watching the games and thought I'd open a thread for the tournament.

Opening games are today (times are Central):

1:00 Michigan v. Texas Tech
6:00 FSU v. Arkansas

TT scores runs in bunches, I expect they'll beat Michigan - plus when was a B1G team a factor in the CWS?

FSU will be the sentimental favorite and media darling due to the Coach Martin drama, but I like the Hogs to win this bracket.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Ha! Looks like I jinxed both teams today. I'll have to think about my approach for tomorrow, I need to put the jinx on the barn.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Michigan is one of those teams that barrels into Omaha with overwhelming confidence and one loss could derail the whole thing. Keep in mind they went through the defending champs, and then the #1 team on the road.

FSU I have no idea how they are still here and winning. They and Auburn are just slightly better than Alabama if you are being honest. Neither Auburn or FSU will probably make it to the semis. IMO.

I kinda expect Vandy and MSU to win tomorrow and probably will be the ones to come out of Bracket 2. I think Michigan or Arkansas will come out of Bracket 1

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Defense was the downfall for both TT and Ark. today. Well, that and the inability to get a timely hit. In the 9th Arkansas goes from turning a likely DP and bases empty - to no outs and two on and the winning run scores on a sac fly.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
The Vandy Boys take down Louisville. 2 homers by Austin Martin carry the day.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Basically the whole 1st round has been “forget what you thought you knew with the exception of Vanderbilt”.

I still think the least talented teams are FSU and Auburn, but teams like Arkansas and Miss St (for the moment) either are vastly overrated or are very sluggish after they had too many zestos and King Kong burgers when they got to Omaha.

Michigan and Vandy are the best two teams and are probably the two you’ll see next Monday.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Auburn never disappoints in the big ones.
Only thing missing from that game last night was ESPN panning over to the love fest of Gus, Pearl and Hudson for a simultaneous “surrender cobra” when the Aubie third baseman “triple pumped” on his overthrow to first. From hero to goat...

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Only thing missing from that game last night was ESPN panning over to the love fest of Gus, Pearl and Hudson for a simultaneous “surrender cobra” when the Aubie third baseman “triple pumped” on his overthrow to first. From hero to goat...
I have seen blown leads before but that one was classic.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I have seen blown leads before but that one was classic.
I really don’t see this Auburn team getting over this loss. It’s one thing to lose a hard fought game. It’s a completely different thing to fold up like a cheap tent in the last three outs of a game when the game is all but won.
It’s tough to get right mentally as a team after a loss like that. If they are listless in the first three innings versus Louisville, they are toast.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Enjoyed last night's epic AU meltdown.

The Hogs lost again today, 5-4 to TTU. I thought they'd win the bracket, shows how little I know, ha!

It's a lose/lose in tonight's game. More of the Martin lovefest, or more B1G blather.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Its looking more and more like a Michigan-Vandy NCS.

I think your semifinals will be:

Bracket 1 : Texas Tech vs Michigan
Bracket 2: Vanderbilt vs Louisville

Mississippi St is on borrowed time, and probably doesnt get past Louisville's pitching

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Its looking more and more like a Michigan-Vandy NCS.

I think your semifinals will be:

Bracket 1 : Texas Tech vs Michigan
Bracket 2: Vanderbilt vs Louisville

Mississippi St is on borrowed time, and probably doesnt get past Louisville's pitching
State has not lost this game yet just saying. Not saying you are wrong but state is a never quit scrappy bunch.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.