Atlanta Braves discussion

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The Dodgers did not help us today.
I was more talking about the last 2 days. But no they didn't help us today

Surely, the Braves front office cannot be so arrogant and dumb as to think we are fine right now? Maybe Alex is trying to convince another team that Gausman is awesome for trade value?
There was an interview with Chip, Frenchy, and Alex last week, and Alex was just gushy over Gausman's performance over a Nats team that was just content in getting out of Atlanta with a 2-2 series, and not having to use Scherzer. He came across that we no longer had a concern in the rotation with Gausman being back, but that is an incredibly dumb thing to say with his ERA and the inexperience and inconsistency with everyone after Dallas. I agree the bullpen is THE pressing matter, but adding another Ace or #2 man will go a long way in improving chances. I don't know if he is trying to trick folks into buying Gausman or what, but it was a stupid thing to say. The fear isn't facing Kershaw, it is facing Ryu and Beuller afterwards.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I was more talking about the last 2 days. But no they didn't help us today

There was an interview with Chip, Frenchy, and Alex last week, and Alex was just gushy over Gausman's performance over a Nats team that was just content in getting out of Atlanta with a 2-2 series, and not having to use Scherzer. He came across that we no longer had a concern in the rotation with Gausman being back, but that is an incredibly dumb thing to say with his ERA and the inexperience and inconsistency with everyone after Dallas. I agree the bullpen is THE pressing matter, but adding another Ace or #2 man will go a long way in improving chances. I don't know if he is trying to trick folks into buying Gausman or what, but it was a stupid thing to say. The fear isn't facing Kershaw, it is facing Ryu and Beuller afterwards.
I am afraid to get an "ace" we will have to give up too much. We need pitchers, but we don't need to trade away the world to get them. Frankly this should have been done in the offseason.

As a side note, I really hope Acuna is OK. That looked pretty bad today. It was dumb to slide head first.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I am afraid to get an "ace" we will have to give up too much. We need pitchers, but we don't need to trade away the world to get them. Frankly this should have been done in the offseason.

As a side note, I really hope Acuna is OK. That looked pretty bad today. It was dumb to slide head first.
It’s probably more than Alex and the old guard is willing to sacrifice in the farm system but they probably should be considering the 90’s run was made possible by aggressive moves not developing players.

The reason they should make every attempt to get Syndagard is because you get 2 more years with a proven pitcher. Soroko is great, but Foltz was too last year . It only takes a season before the Nats and Phillies figure him out. My thing is nothing is guaranteed by over relying on a farm system. Sometimes you have to sacrifice prospects for wins.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I really don’t understand the Mets...

1) they dangle Wheeler over everyone’s head. Then they want to keep him.

2) they then dangle Syndagard over everyone’s head.

3) Out of nowhere they trade to get the pitcher that everyone is looking at in Stroman.

Either one of 3 things is happening... A) they are setting up for next year B) they think they can make a serious push at a wild card or C) they are setting up for the biggest trade ever. One thing is for sure, the Mets are the craziest team of the year with this move for a team in their position.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Another horrible bullpen showing vs the Nationals. I wonder how the Braves beat writers are going to spin the bullpen isn’t that bad...

I guess they would say hitting and Keuchel are to blame.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
2 things I keep hearing...

1) The Braves bullpen isn’t as bad as Braves fans think

2) The Nationals have the worst bullpen

Then tell me why the Nationals bullpen dominates a Top 5 lineup while the Braves bullpen continuously gets exposed by this particular team.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
2 things I keep hearing...

1) The Braves bullpen isn’t as bad as Braves fans think

2) The Nationals have the worst bullpen

Then tell me why the Nationals bullpen dominates a Top 5 lineup while the Braves bullpen continuously gets exposed by this particular team.
They are correct. The Braves bullpen is not as bad as fans think, they are worse.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The really bad thing is we still have a 14 game stretch against the Philly's and Nats in September.

I do not feel good about what will happen with trades.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
2 good things

1) the Braves are kicking the Nats butt for once ( god I hope I’m not giving our bullpen too much credit with 8 runs to spare)

2) Braves acquired a good reliver. Chris Martin

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
2 good things

1) the Braves are kicking the Nats butt for once ( god I hope I’m not giving our bullpen too much credit with 8 runs to spare)

2) Braves acquired a good reliver. Chris Martin
It is sad when we have an 11-1 lead and I still feel like I cannot turn it off. Julio is having a good night right now.
Martin is a good pick-up, mainly because he doesn't walk a lot of batters. We still need a starter before I will be happy.

I have 2 meetings tomorrow so I will have my sports app on to know when something happens.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
It is sad when we have an 11-1 lead and I still feel like I cannot turn it off. Julio is having a good night right now.
Martin is a good pick-up, mainly because he doesn't walk a lot of batters. We still need a starter before I will be happy.

I have 2 meetings tomorrow so I will have my sports app on to know when something happens.
I’m not sure adding 1 guy does much to improve this bullpen. I still think we need a proven closer more than a starter.

It’s still a win, even with the ugly finish. Back to a 5.5 lead. Nats had dreams of gaining 3 games after last night and now their dreams have been crushed.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I’m not sure adding 1 guy does much to improve this bullpen. I still think we need a proven closer more than a starter.

It’s still a win, even with the ugly finish. Back to a 5.5 lead. Nats had dreams of gaining 3 games after last night and now their dreams have been crushed.
One of the biggest issues the Braves has with the pen is walks. Martin doesn’t walk hardly anyone and if we could get another starter then we could potentially demote Fried and Gausman to long relievers during October and somewhat have a decent bullpen.

As for a closer... I think the Mets getting Stroman and the Giants resurgence has killed those dreams. Most everyone who was selling closers were doing them with package deals. We could potentially make Martin our closer, or maybe Fried. But I have my doubts we get one at this point because Alex has played sweating them out tactics of deadline dealing.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Our new reliever has to learn how to hit again. I agree, getting a closer at this point is a lost cause. Foltzy could come back and be a reliever. I am not sure how he has been doing.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Soroka pitches a gem, and these clowns are trying their best to blow it. We might as well play the Royals platoon strategy, and start hiding starters in the bullpen. 4 -3- 1-1 inning swaps. This bullpen situation is the worst Ive ever seen.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Alex are you watching this epic choke job while you are trying to save our farm system? I remind you Soroka had 3 hits and 1 run through 7 innings. We are now bases loaded no outs in the 9th.

Ill also remind you that the WORST STATISTICAL BULLPEN GAVE UP 0 RUNS ON 1 HIT TO A TOP 5 OFFENSE. WHILE A "BETTER THAN WHAT THE FANS THINK" BULLPEN GAVE UP 3 RUNS ON 4 HITS IN AN EPIC BLOWN WIN"

So who has the worst bullpen? I think its obvious, but our GM and our beat writers who the AJC pays have their head too far up their rear to say anything that affects Gwinnett and Mississippi prospects.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.