Atlanta Braves discussion

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I know its horrible camera work (never claimed to be an expert) , but this is Acuna walking in a run in the 8th and Greene's debut

Acuna walk in

Greene's entrance

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I’m driving home from the game but my thoughts are this:

-Suntrust is dying for a serious postseason run. The place was ready to explode

- The Braves handled Bauer really well

- some situational decisions really influenced the outcome of the game more than the Reds themselves. Snitker wanting to get Keuchel to the 7th is understandable with a 1 hit shutout, but he probably should’ve been pulled when he came to bat his 3rd time.

- Melacon and Greene probably need a week or two of familiarity before we see serious results but what they showed tonight is reassuring

- Luke Jackson looked more comfortable with the title of closer off his name.

- overall a great win. I’ll post pictures tomorrow.
Snitker always seems to leave the starter in just one inning too many.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Ugh... Greene gives up a 3 run homer in the tenth. Not sure they can come back from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well Greene is probably going to take the L. Not a good 1st 2 apperances as Brave, but I still think he needs more time with the catchers and pitching coaches.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Ugh... Greene gives up a 3 run homer in the tenth. Not sure they can come back from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With Flowers and Greene as your #3 and #4 men... Most likely not. The braves tied their arm behind their backs today by putting Flowers and Riley out there to give Freeman and Mccann more rest.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well we got the Twins next. Out of our 3 relievers only Martin seems ready. Greene is throwing good stuff, but I think he is confused by location. I dont know if Flowers is just calling weird calls or if he just needs time to get used to it, but I think he will improve as he becomes more familiar with this team.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Well we got the Twins next. Out of our 3 relievers only Martin seems ready. Greene is throwing good stuff, but I think he is confused by location. I dont know if Flowers is just calling weird calls or if he just needs time to get used to it, but I think he will improve as he becomes more familiar with this team.
Twins are a good offensive team. We might have some 15-10 scores coming up.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Twins are a good offensive team. We might have some 15-10 scores coming up.
Maybe but they struggled with the Marlins recently and got swept badly by the Mets. I think some of their numbers are a product of the weak division they play in. Granted we got swept by the Royals, but lets not pretend that the Royals are capable of winning a meaningful 5 or 7 game series with us.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Thank God Gausman is no longer on the team. I wish him the best, but literally every time I saw him pitching I assumed a loss. Hopefully, Foltynewicz got rid of the yips and is back to where he was when he was an all-star.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Thank God Gausman is no longer on the team. I wish him the best, but literally every time I saw him pitching I assumed a loss. Hopefully, Foltynewicz got rid of the yips and is back to where he was when he was an all-star.
Gausman was one of those guys that looked good 1 out of 5 times. Thats okay if you are either a team that can spare a few games or a team that is out of the race in April trying to get trades before the deadline. The Braves are neither, and really he had two potential places to go, and they were the bullpen or Gwinett. I think the Orioles knew what they had, and suckered us into that deal.

I just hope Mike has got his stuff back because we could be pretty solid 1-5 if he has.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.