Atlanta Braves discussion

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Good game last night and glad the bats finally woke up after taking a few days off. Still not sure about Green as a shut down closer, guy has gave up runs in every appearence so far. Last night's run will go unnoticed by many because of the score but in a one run game he would have blown another save. Going to need him to step up if the Braves are going to make noise against the Dodgers and Astros of the world.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Sometimes pitching goes down to familiarity with the catcher and the pitching coach. I think we are going to have to give the 3 additions a few weeks before saying they aren’t going to work out. I think Greene’s and Melancon’s spots have improved with every game played since Wednesday. Greene’s runs allowed is troubling, but not totally unexpected right now.

One thing is probably obvious and that is McCann is a far better catcher than Flowers. I think Luke Jackson looks more comfortable with the spots McCann is calling than what Flowers is. I also think we are getting more out of the new pitchers when McCann is behind the plate than Flowers.

Last edited:

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Sometimes pitching goes down to familiarity with the catcher and the pitching coach. I think we are going to have to give the 3 additions a few weeks before saying they aren’t going to work out. I think Greene’s and Melancon’s spots have improved with every game played since Wednesday. Greene’s runs allowed is troubling, but not totally unexpected right now.

One thing is probably obvious and that is McCann is a far better catcher than Flowers. I think Luke Jackson looks more comfortable with the spots McCann is calling than what Flowers is. I also think we are getting more out of the new pitchers when McCann is behind the plate than Flowers.
Yes I agree on Flowers I think the braves have a couple of catchers in the minors they are hoping to get ready to bring up soon. Maybe they got McCann back to help develop them and Flowers to be the odd man out. At least I hope that is the plan soon. Speaking off Flowers he just hit into a inning ending triple play. Guy is killing us with his glove and bat.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well the 7-0 lead was nice. The 7-3 lead with runners on second and third isn't so nice.
Its like Dzynking keeps saying. Snit leaves the starters in a littler too long. Our bullpen has yet to show that they can shut anyone down with 2 runners on with less than two outs all year.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Thoughts after the Minnesota series

- Both (MLBN and FSSE) crews kept refrencing the most painful WS in history so much so that I wish this was the WS matchup (We can get revenge on the Yankees in another 25 years of rebuilding but I want the Twins)

- Our starting pitching was dominant

- We took advantage of a HR derby ballpark, and mostly kept a great hitting team contained

- The umpires all series were horrible

- The Mets are all of the sudden a credible threat

- Bullpen still needs to gel

- If either Freeman or Acuna arent serious contenders for the NL MVP then there is some biased voters desperately wanting Yelich to waltz away with it.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

- Both (MLBN and FSSE) crews kept refrencing the most painful WS in history so much so that I wish this was the WS matchup (We can get revenge on the Yankees in another 25 years of rebuilding but I want the Twins)

- We took advantage of a HR derby ballpark, and mostly kept a great hitting team contained

- If either Freeman or Acuna arent serious contenders for the NL MVP then there is some biased voters desperately wanting Yelich to waltz away with it.
I am with you. I want the Twins.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

No kidding. The graphic of Acuna and Freeman's stats ranking showed they both should be strongly considered.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
An intresting 7 game NL East stretch coming up:

The Mets have made some serious ground in the past 10 days, and are probably the REAL 3rd place team in the NL East. The Phillies are stuck in limbo trying to find themselves, and the nationals are still the nationals.

The Mets were laughed at during the deadline for keeping their top starters and adding stroman instead of adding to the future or adding bullpen strength. They were 51-55 at that point, and a longshot at best to make the wild card. look at them now. They are 0.5 games behind the Phillies, and that is a Wild Card spot.

The good news for us is that the Nats and Mets play 3 games over the weekend, and if we can pound the Fish in this 4 game stretch then we can extend our dominance over the east further before we have to get that reality test next weekend with the Dodgers

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.