Atlanta Braves discussion

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The story of the series has been bad Marlins base running. Had they had good base running then they probably would’ve swept us 4 games. I’m not eeyoring this at all, I’m just saying this past 4 games isn’t championship baseball.

Takeaways from this series

- bullpen is still the weak link

- hitting has struggled with off speed pitching

- Keuchel might have not been the Rock star addition that we thought. We might have been better off giving that money to Kimbrel and finding an ace at the deadline

- Foltz has another quality start, and should make Braves fans feel better about the rotation

- the 3 additions are struggling in ways they shouldn’t at this point.

- We are missing Markakis and Swanson badly

- We have a serious 3 game series coming up that we can’t afford to make the mistakes we did in Miami over the weekend.

- Taking 2 games the way we played vs a team as bad as the Marlins shows 2 things. 1) we are that good and 2) we have a long ways to go before talking about berths and titles

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Acuna should win it with those numbers for 2 reasons.

1) His play has a more direct impact on the Braves success this year than Bellinger or Yelich does on their clubs

2) He is putting up Mike Trout numbers while Belinger is only gaining praise for HRs. Acuna leads Yelich in everything but HRs and RBIs, but they aren’t far apart.

I think unless Acuna gets the 40-40 and the Braves win the East, then the bias is going to give it to Bellinger or Yelich.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Acuna should win it with those numbers for 2 reasons.

1) His play has a more direct impact on the Braves success this year than Bellinger or Yelich does on their clubs

2) He is putting up Mike Trout numbers while Belinger is only gaining praise for HRs. Acuna leads Yelich in everything but HRs and RBIs, but they aren’t far apart.

I think unless Acuna gets the 40-40 and the Braves win the East, then the bias is going to give it to Bellinger or Yelich.
I think the people who vote on this have already made up their minds weeks ago.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think the people who vote on this have already made up their minds weeks ago.
I wouldnt have a problem with Yelich, but Bellinger is one man on a super team. If you take Bellinger away then the Dodgers are most likely still in the same spot. The MVP needs to be the reason that the team is better, not a role player. Acuna has a lot to do with why the Braves are playing for a divisional crown.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
-Good start to the series.

-Its always nice to pop an overhyped Mets pitcher around.

- Fried pitched another gem, only for the bullpen to make an [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]unnecessary close game.

- Melancon did close it out pretty well

- Anyone voting for Bellinger for MVP is either dumb or extremely biased.
[/FONT]

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
-Good start to the series.

-Its always nice to pop an overhyped Mets pitcher around.

- Fried pitched another gem, only for the bullpen to make an [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]unnecessary close game.

- Melancon did close it out pretty well

- Anyone voting for Bellinger for MVP is either dumb or extremely biased.
[/FONT]
What is with Melancon and the covering of the mound?

And I agree Acuna should be running away with the MVP but the only people even mentioning it is Braves fans and Braves media.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
What is with Melancon and the covering of the mound?

And I agree Acuna should be running away with the MVP but the only people even mentioning it is Braves fans and Braves media.
I think he is doing it to be a jerk. He is basically trying to confuse the hitter of what a strike is by where he is on the mound. Because if you notice he is not in the same position every pitch.

The Marlins just called him on it. I’m surprised that the Mets didn’t since they were still very much in the game with the top of the order up.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If I was a Mets fan I would be throwing stuff at my tv right now. Letting Matz after retiring 14 straight hit while having every intention of putting Lugo in the bottom half is the dumbest managerial decision I’ve seen all year.

You aren’t fooling anyone when the #4 hitter is the first batter coming up.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It is nice seeing someone else's bullpen screw up.
Yeah it is, but trying to trick Donaldson with a new pitcher was pretty stupid. If Matz’s pitch count was an issue, and Lugo was going out regardless then there was no reason Matz should’ve been paraded around to hit and run. Granted he hit and scored, but unless everyone on the bench is sick or hurt then there is no reason the pitcher should’ve hit unless you are riding that horse one more inning.

The Mets are desperately trying to steal a win, and they are stupidly doing it. But then again this is a manager that couldn’t get his lineup in the right order that we are talking about.

But it is refreshing to see someone else implode late in the game other than us.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.