Atlanta Braves discussion

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There's a slim chance there are six 100 game winning teams. A's have to win out to get to 100 games. Twins and Braves are each 4 away.
Well, the Twins will get MLB to four teams with 100 wins. The Braves are coasting into the playoffs, and that generally means an early exit. I hope that I am wrong, but rarely do teams that stop playing hard once they clinch make it to the World Series. I get that they have a few nicked up players, but so does every other team in MLB.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Well, the Twins will get MLB to four teams with 100 wins. The Braves are coasting into the playoffs, and that generally means an early exit. I hope that I am wrong, but rarely do teams that stop playing hard once they clinch make it to the World Series. I get that they have a few nicked up players, but so does every other team in MLB.
We Braves fans have become pretty cynical and expect to lose in the playoffs.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
A sports team from the state of Georgia is destined to disappoint in the postseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The weird thing is that we have to wait for our opponent on the last day of the season.

STL

A win or Mil loss

MIL

A win AND a Stl Loss

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The weird thing is that we have to wait for our opponent on the last day of the season.

STL

A win or Mil loss

MIL

A win AND a Stl Loss
Doesn't matter - the Braves are losing in the first round. They have turned it off, and they are about to learn that baseball doesn't work that way. They may get swept.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yep. It is typical of Atlanta sports.
I really, really hope that I am wrong, but the Braves don't have the pitchers to win unless their bats are hot, and hitting is a streaky thing. You can't coast - ever. It is too hard to get out of a hitting/scoring funk and get hot again.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Doesn't matter - the Braves are losing in the first round. They have turned it off, and they are about to learn that baseball doesn't work that way. They may get swept.
That isn't really that true. Especially when you are talking about the #2 vs #3 seeds. Its usually true about #1 seeds because they have to play against a team that have already played a postseason game.

I think the Braves win 3-2. The Cardinals are more of a mess than the Braves right now.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think Washington and St. Louis are proving me right in that the Braves needed #2 over #1. The Dodgers have to deal with a much tougher lineup and pitching rotation for 5 games than the Braves.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think Washington and St. Louis are proving me right in that the Braves needed #2 over #1. The Dodgers have to deal with a much tougher lineup and pitching rotation for 5 games than the Braves.
Beating the Dodgers in a 7 game series will be very, very hard. Same for the Astros. Best chance to get either is in a short series, and even that probably won't happen.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Beating the Dodgers in a 7 game series will be very, very hard. Same for the Astros. Best chance to get either is in a short series, and even that probably won't happen.
Honestly out of the two (washington and LA) I would rather get LA. Sure Washington is the weaker team, but they are a team that has pitchers that have absoloutly dominated us. We havent had much success at all vs Scherzer or Stras, and Annibal has given us major headaches. Then you see a lineup that has seen our pitchers alot. It really is a nightmare. Plus I couldn't stomach the possibility of a Nationals championship.

I think atleast with the Dodgers, we have hit Ryu hard, and Kershaw is the Peyton Manning of baseball (Great regular season, and prime choker in the postseason) so it is possible that we could steal a few games, and make things alot more intresting than what they are.

But how I've looked at things since midseason, is this team is about 2-3 years early. I think just winning the East and getting to the NLCS would be a highly succesful season, and a major step forward. Sure I would love getting to and winning a world series, but we are very young and inexperienced compared to half of the teams remaining. So its a stretch to say the least.

So winning the series vs St Louis would be a reason to order to order cake and a good wine for me. Plus it would shut a lot of my Cardinals friends up for a while.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I would like for the Twins to get the Yankees out, but I would much rather the Championships just go ahead and start ASAP.
Yep - the Twins are not beating them 3 games in a row, so let's get get this over and move on.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If the Braves clinch today, then I am going to be the biggest Nats fan tonight because I want whoever comes out of that series to be down to a #2 or #3 pitcher going in game 1 vs Soroka.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.