Thousands of Christians petition Netflix to cancel Amazon's Good Omens mini series

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I watched this series, it was pretty good. I enjoyed it. Plus it was 99% better than anything on network TV.

The Bible thumpers are a weird bunch. I wonder if they wrote ESPN to get Coach cancelled.
I agree that it was better than most network tv but since the book is one of my absolute favorites I was a little let down by the series

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I agree that it was better than most network tv but since the book is one of my absolute favorites I was a little let down by the series
Books are always better than their counterparts on film. I try not to see movies of books I have read. I am almost always disappointed. I think I can count on one hand the number of books to movies that I liked.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
That seems basically inevitable. They are in the process of making a few of my favorite fantasy series right now and while I'm excited I also fully expect them to ruin the books.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I will never understand why people do things like this, and I'm not just talking about Christians. If you don't like a show o movie then just don't watch or subscribe. Cancel your subscription if it bothers you so much. Why make a scene and try, unsuccessfully as it might be, to ruin it for everyone.

As a Christian, pray that everyone will one day see the light and accept Jesus as their savior. I will never try and force anyone to live by my morals though. I will gladly explain why I believe the way I do and will talk to someone about why I think it is good and pray for them to believe the same eventually. In the end though, it is their choice and I can't and will not try to force someone to agree with me or live by my beliefs.

I am so sick and tired of Christians trying to force our beliefs onto the world. This is the same type of behavior that Christian hate being force onto them yet, they turn around and do the same to others. And the Church wonders why numbers are on the decline. Maybe it has nothing to do with flashy concert like services or cool hip FB post, maybe it's because you are pushing people away.

I am steadfast in my beliefs but, as I grow older I get more and more tired of organized religion. It is way too political for my taste and their is so much crap going on in all churches that if Jesus visited he'd through over the tables again.

Also, it's time the rest of us, level headed Christians and all, organized a Hollywood march to stop these crappy, cheesy Christian films. I've got nothing against Christian films, just, if you are going to make them, make good ones. From a movie snobb like myself, this sappy junk like Breakthrough has to stop.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I will never understand why people do things like this, and I'm not just talking about Christians. If you don't like a show o movie then just don't watch or subscribe. Cancel your subscription if it bothers you so much. Why make a scene and try, unsuccessfully as it might be, to ruin it for everyone.

As a Christian, pray that everyone will one day see the light and accept Jesus as their savior. I will never try and force anyone to live by my morals though. I will gladly explain why I believe the way I do and will talk to someone about why I think it is good and pray for them to believe the same eventually. In the end though, it is their choice and I can't and will not try to force someone to agree with me or live by my beliefs.

I am so sick and tired of Christians trying to force our beliefs onto the world. This is the same type of behavior that Christian hate being force onto them yet, they turn around and do the same to others. And the Church wonders why numbers are on the decline. Maybe it has nothing to do with flashy concert like services or cool hip FB post, maybe it's because you are pushing people away.

I am steadfast in my beliefs but, as I grow older I get more and more tired of organized religion. It is way too political for my taste and their is so much crap going on in all churches that if Jesus visited he'd through over the tables again.

Also, it's time the rest of us, level headed Christians and all, organized a Hollywood march to stop these crappy, cheesy Christian films. I've got nothing against Christian films, just, if you are going to make them, make good ones. From a movie snobb like myself, this sappy junk like Breakthrough has to stop.
but, be honest, the left behind movies were each cinematic masterpieces

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
One of the central tenets of Western Civilization has been freedom of speech. Not universally observed, but more so than in any other region of the world 1500-2000. We seem anxious to get rid of that tenet.

Another has been separation of the church and state, again not universally observed, but more so than anywhere else on earth 1648-2000. We seem to be happy to flush that one as well.

In the long term, the consequences of this will not be good. For anyone.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Hardcore atheists aren't any better. They mock and belittle anyone who believes in something. Why it bothers them so much, I will never understand.

My philosophy is believe what you want, just leave me alone and let me live my life.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
So they're petitioning Netflix to have a film removed that actually streams on Amazon instead? That takes barking up the wrong tree to a whole new level.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
So they're petitioning Netflix to have a film removed that actually streams on Amazon instead? That takes barking up the wrong tree to a whole new level.
I am sure Netflix will try their damnedest to have the show banned.

The funniest part of this is the news is going to have the opposite effect. Loads of people are going to watch the series now. Some people might even get Amazon Prime just to watch this show now.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I am sure Netflix will try their damnedest to have the show banned.

The funniest part of this is the news is going to have the opposite effect. Loads of people are going to watch the series now. Some people might even get Amazon Prime just to watch this show now.
i bet some folks will get amazon prime just so they can cancel it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.