Will We Pursue a QB in 2021 Class and Who are Top Prospects?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I know we are stacked right now at that position, but with Tua most likely leaving next January I figure we will need to restock.
I think we would certainly take an elite QB prospect but not sure how attractive we are at the position right now since Lia is the heir apparent to his brother (IMHO) and Coach Bryant's Grandson pushing him everyday as an extreme competitor himself. You just never can tell if the injury bug bites us though. I would expect the 2022 class to attract some very, very big names.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We better take someone in 2021 since Tua will most likely be gone, Mac Jones will be entering a rsSR year, and Lia and Paul with most likely be rsSOs.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We better take someone in 2021 since Tua will most likely be gone, Mac Jones will be entering a rsSR year, and Lia and Paul with most likely be rsSOs.
If I were a betting man, I would wager that you will sign 2 in that class.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Bama board for 2021 according to 24/7....
Jake Garcia
Drake Maye
Jalen Milroe
Preston Stone
Caleb Williams
Aaron McLaughlin
Shedeur Sanders (Deion Sander's son)

I think we sign 3.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Agreed. We don't know yet if any of the other three can play. That's not an indictment of true freshman, but Mac still has to prove he's an SEC quarterback.
What Mac went through last year is what the freshmen QB will experience this year. Saban will look for any opportunities to get those guys on the field just to get experience. Mac gained ton of experience and while I wished he had a chance to throw more last year, I fully expect him to be ready. IF it's going to be anyone that will pass Mac this fall, it will be Tauila.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Here's why: let's say 2021 is here.

Jones is redshirt senior. He might want to transfer to play his last year. Especially if he don't win starting job.
That's 1.

Tua is gone to NFL. That's 2.

Tyson transfer? Tauila ? Whoever win the job for 2021 will cause the other quarterback to transfer.

Hatcher, is he still on team? I'm not sure. I just think we will carry 5 quarterbacks on the team. Maybe we sign 2 and pick up a transfer. Who knows?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Here's why: let's say 2021 is here.

Jones is redshirt senior. He might want to transfer to play his last year. Especially if he don't win starting job.
That's 1.

Tua is gone to NFL. That's 2.

Tyson transfer? Tauila ? Whoever win the job for 2021 will cause the other quarterback to transfer.

Hatcher, is he still on team? I'm not sure. I just think we will carry 5 quarterbacks on the team. Maybe we sign 2 and pick up a transfer. Who knows?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Hatcher is gone. He transferred last month.

You’re not including a 2020 QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Hatcher is gone. He transferred last month.

You’re not including a 2020 QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fair assessment. I didn't think we would take 2020 this year... but I was operating under assumption that we might not take 1 this class... So with Jam being said... Yeah likely 2..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.