ESPN ranks easiest non-conference schedules ... Bama rolls in at #6

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
R

The same Cutcliffe-coached program we beat 56-6 in 2010 on their field? The network won’t have my eyeballs watching this mismatch.

This game will not be competitive and Nick will name the score. And that’s why I and many other fans will tune out, instead follow the game on the cable scoreboard shows, and watch other games that day.

It will be the prime viewing event in my house that weekend. I'm not trying to be hard on you, but I don't understand this mindset from Alabama fans. It's not like we are playing Charleston Southern.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
1) Alabama football is Alabama football so it will be on my tv whether we play LSU or WCU.

2) what other games will you have on? I seriously doubt you have checked the schedule and you are talking out of your rear. Because if you did then you would know that all of the marquee games with the exception of Auburn- Oregon had been played the week prior. Alabama- Duke is the 2nd biggest that day and the only reason it isn’t a night game is because Auburn is. So don’t act like that there are better more competitive games on because unless you are talking about bad football teams playing each other then it’s going to be a lot of 50-3 ball games up until Oregon- Auburn.
I get what you are saying. If there are no other more competitive games to watch then I’ll just find something else to do that day.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I get what you are saying. If there are no other more competitive games to watch then I’ll just find something else to do that day.

So what you are saying you will only watch 2 Alabama games this year, but will say we are not going to win a national championship 365 days....
(unsure if blue font is warranted here or not)

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
None of the Talking Heads give the other SEC teams credit.
Problem is that other SEC teams have to play Alabama, Auburn, LSU, TAMU, and Georgia.
That could easily give a lot of SEC teams 5 losses right off
the bat. Then other SEC teams can slip up on them too.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I tend to be cynical about this yearly whine about scheduling because you know the ones that get the complaints Alabama, Ohio State, etc are typically scheduling well but sometimes things don't line up. First, they know the hate clicks will come. Second, I think the entities deeply intertwined in the news and game content delivery aspect don't mind trying to goad bigger draws into playing more big games that makes their television networks more money.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
None of the Talking Heads give the other SEC teams credit.
Problem is that other SEC teams have to play Alabama, Auburn, LSU, TAMU, and Georgia.
That could easily give a lot of SEC teams 5 losses right off
the bat. Then other SEC teams can slip up on them too.
You don't get credit for the schedule someone else imposes upon you.

Conference strength is a zero sum game.

Every win by Team A is a loss by team B.

And the SEC of recent years has not been the monster of 2006-2012, no matter how many folks here continue to pretend it is.

The SEC was 14-9 against the other big conferences last year. Take our 2-0 against Louisville and OU out, and the conference as a whole was 12-9.

That's not very impressive if the conference is "really" a monster.

2017 - SEC was 10-12 against the other P5s.
2016 - SEC was 11-14 against the other P5.
2014 - SEC was 11-10.

Since 2013 (when the SEC was 14-8), the only awesome year has been 2015 (14-7).

It wasn't very good in 2012, either, but go back in the years before that.

From 2009-2011, the conference was 44-23 against the other P5.

The current conference (at present) isn't that, and we need to be honest about that.

Unless we just don't show up to play, the only teams on our schedule this year that even enter the game with a minimally reasonable chance of beating us are ATM, LSU, and POSSIBLY Auburn (and I don't give them any real chance either - save for the game is there and Gus has his back against the wall).

Just one more point, though - it's TRUE that even the "not including Alabama SEC" of 12-9 record was equal with the Big Ten for the best overall. But this is NOT a decade ago.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.