Well, my procedure today set me free...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
For five years, that is. This morning, I had the followup colonoscopy to my right side colon removal in January, 2018. All was clear and I was told to come back in five years. However, I was terrified I'd have to repeat the prep. We got caught in the miles-long five lane backup on I-565. A driver, probably drunk, entered the highway at Jordan Lane, going the wrong way, and headoned a FedEx 18 wheeler, closing the entire westbound interstate for hours. My anesthetist came through at 5:45, after the wreck, but before the traffic buildup. He said the impact severed the engine from the truck and deposited it in the next lane. The car driver was in the hospital, fighting for his life, and the truck driver was treated and released. Trucks always win. Back to my tale, my doc was also delayed, along with many patients, and they were just reworking the schedule as they went. We had managed to exit the interstate and took alternate routes to the Madison Surgery Center...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Good news, Earle. I am facing surgery in Sept for what the Orthopedist calls a "trigger thumb". Not nearly as serious as a colonoscopy, but still hurts like hell.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Good news, Earle. I am facing surgery in Sept for what the Orthopedist calls a "trigger thumb". Not nearly as serious as a colonoscopy, but still hurts like hell.
Anything involving the hands is painful and highly inconvenient. I use both hands but I didn't realize until carpal tunnel surgery on the left that they are highly specialized, with the off hand being very clumsy with tasks assigned to the other...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.