UGA's Leading Receiver Dismissed Amid Assault Investigation

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Channeling your inner Billy Martin, "you feel strongly both ways". :wink:
LOL - Normally I would just agree with waiting for the process to play out, but in this case he admitted to striking her, so I don't really agree here. No matter how the courts decided to treat this, he admitted to striking her. If GA knew that, this kid should have been gone the next day.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
LOL - Normally I would just agree with waiting for the process to play out, but in this case he admitted to striking her, so I don't really agree here. No matter how the courts decided to treat this, he admitted to striking her. If GA knew that, this kid should have been gone the next day.
Agreed. The point where he said he pushed her hard, real hard on the police report that is when Kirby should have let him go. There is no "lets wait to see how the legal process works out" on this one based on that statement.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I've seen some people pat UGA on the back for this dismissal but they let him play all of last year when they already should've had enough information to make a decision on the matter. Remember, college athletics is not a criminal court nor do they have to wait on the legal proceedings to run their course to make a scholarship decision. UGA and Smart took the route that was the best for them on the field in 2018 and it is really simple as that. And that is kinda sorry too because cutting him loose in Spring/Summer 2018 probably means he has 1 more year of NCAA eligibility if he can recommit and fix himself. He got exploited by Smart basically but jettisoned as soon as the investigation got too hot to keep on the d/l.

Last edited:

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
I've seen some people pat UGA on the back for this dismissal but they let him play all of last year when they already should've had enough information to make a decision on the matter. Remember, college athletics is not a criminal court nor do they have to wait on the legal proceedings to run their course to make a scholarship decision. UGA and Smart took the route that was the best for them on the field in 2018 and it is really simple as that. And that is kinda sorry too because cutting him loose in Spring/Summer 2018 probably means he has 1 more year of NCAA eligibility if he can recommit and fix himself. He got exploited by Smart basically but jettisoned as soon as the investigation got too hot to keep on the d/l.
The Report was made on June 2nd 2019 by the female for the event that took place in April of 2018

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Thanks for that...Key question though, when did Kirby know?
Unsure on that and doubt we will ever know. I am sure myself and other Georgia fans will say he knew the day of the dismissal. I am sure fans of other schools will say he knew about it since April of 2018.

Yes absolutely it goes both ways. I believe that in many situations there are two sides to domestic disputes that end in some type of physical act and that many relationships lead to very destructive behavior.
Indeed. It’s a tough situation either way. I wish the guy would have walked away. I hate seeing things end up in such a manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Man it is tough seeing UGa fans sniffing around here consistently.

I sniff around all boards. The rivals boards are typically a great source of information. I gather recruiting information, injury information, fans thoughts, etc. I believe the boards serve as a better source of information than most news outlets. While some fans go to rivals boards just to try to bash and talk smack, you wont really find any posts like that from me. If you scroll through my posts I believe you will find respectful posts and questions.

yes, I am a Georgia fan... but I love college football. I have a username on most boards and post, except for Florida and Auburn.... I know I don’t have anything nice to say on those boards and couldn’t be respectful

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Like every fanbase, some are way cooler than others...

I sniff around all boards. The rivals boards are typically a great source of information. I gather recruiting information, injury information, fans thoughts, etc. I believe the boards serve as a better source of information than most news outlets. While some fans go to rivals boards just to try to bash and talk smack, you wont really find any posts like that from me. If you scroll through my posts I believe you will find respectful posts and questions.

yes, I am a Georgia fan... but I love college football. I have a username on most boards and post, except for Florida and Auburn.... I know I don’t have anything nice to say on those boards and couldn’t be respectful

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I wonder if there`s any such thing as an openly identified rival fan on ITAT? ….Wait, forget I asked that. Silly me. I already know the answer.

Hey I get it. And you have been very respectful, no doubt about that.

I just can’t Georgia. In my opinion they are the worst fans of the SEC. I had to deal with them in Iraq and they were insufferable. Still, it is what makes college football the greatest sport in the nation.

Back on topic though.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I wonder if Kirby showed Holloman where he ranked on the University Police Crime Blotter before he cut him loose?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
The Report was made on June 2nd 2019 by the female for the event that took place in April of 2018
Waiting that long does not make her look good.
I agree he should have been cut loose when it happened.
I guess Kirby figured he needed him last year, but when things got hot this year
Kirby cut him.
Guys have got to understand you don't fight with girls.
(Girls don't play fair, and she got her revenge.)

If I had to guess I'd say he promised it would never happen again...
It may have happened again...

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Unsure on that and doubt we will ever know. I am sure myself and other Georgia fans will say he knew the day of the dismissal. I am sure fans of other schools will say he knew about it since April of 2018.
He knew the morning after it happened. Any coach would know almost immediately. Heck, a high school coach would know almost instantly. If he handled it well is the part that's up for debate.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Waiting that long does not make her look good.
I agree he should have been cut loose when it happened.
I guess Kirby figured he needed him last year, but when things got hot this year
Kirby cut him.
Guys have got to understand you don't fight with girls.
(Girls don't play fair, and she got her revenge.)

If I had to guess I'd say he promised it would never happen again...
It may have happened again...
How much he “needed him” last year is debatable. At the end of his freshman year when the incidence occurred, he had 1 reception for 7 total yards and played in just 1 game.

The girl who reported the incident didn’t want to press charges after she reported it

Fact remains that it for sure happened and Holloman admitted it. Considering that, then there is no other alternative than to kick him off the team. The timeline in which the coach knew about it is still debatable and always will be.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
We all know that many of these young men grow up in a very violent world where women are disrespected, physical violence, much worse than this, is an everyday occurrence and the family unit doesn't exist. This is rampant in our society and exist on the streets, in the work place, and in athletics all the way to the NFL and NBA. This is the one of the main reasons I admire CNS for creating a positive developmental environment for players and dealing with issues as quickly and privately as possible. The obvious point is that in can happen on any team at any time!
There's a lot of truth in your post. According to the police investigation, the woman struck first and repeatedly, but JJ should have walked away. Kirby did the right thing by dismissing him immediately, once the facts were known.

IMO Holloman's dismissal is a temporary blow to our offense that may be felt in the first couple of game, until someone else steps up. There's no shortage of candidates to fill that void. As they say in Tuscaloosa "Next man up!".

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
There's a lot of truth in your post. According to the police investigation, the woman struck first and repeatedly, but JJ should have walked away. Kirby did the right thing by dismissing him immediately, once the facts were known.

IMO Holloman's dismissal is a temporary blow to our offense that may be felt in the first couple of game, until someone else steps up. There's no shortage of candidates to fill that void. As they say in Tuscaloosa "Next man up!".
agreed, but y'all need to stop trying to copy us ;)

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I wonder if Kirby showed Holloman where he ranked on the University Police Crime Blotter before he cut him loose?
I'd bet that his recruiting board is labeled "Most Wanted". On second thought, that would be Ole Gus' board... :cool2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.