2020 Prospect: **** OL Xavier Hill Commits to Bama **** - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Re: **** OL Xavier Hill Commits to Bama ****

Quote Originally Posted by gumptider View Post
    I'm usually on the side of "defer to the staff" on recruits. They're usually solid on their evaluations. I'm just wondering about having three O-line commits in this class and all 3-star guys. And all guys that seem destined for the interior. Given where the numbers seem to be already, are we in on any elite tackles? Otherwise, on paper this seems to be a relatively uninspiring O-line class.
    Keep in mind that we offer based on how they show up in camp. The coaches aren't looking at paper. They are seeing performance and offer based on what they see. If we have a 3 star commit that plays in the trenches there are 2 for sure things you can count on...1) the kid can play and 2) a fourth star will be coming - just a matter of time.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    Keep in mind that we offer based on how they show up in camp. The coaches aren't looking at paper. They are seeing performance and offer based on what they see. If we have a 3 star commit that plays in the trenches there are 2 for sure things you can count on...1) the kid can play and 2) a fourth star will be coming - just a matter of time.
    Can't disagree with any of that. I guess more than anything, I'm wondering out loud whether this is a product of a relatively weak class of tackles or maybe even the influence of Kyle Flood as offensive line coach. Maybe both. I just can't remember an offensive line class we've signed without a very solid tackle prospect. Not stirring the pot here; just dealing with what's real at the moment.

Can't disagree with any of that. I guess more than anything, I'm wondering out loud whether this is a product of a relatively weak class of tackles or maybe even the influence of Kyle Flood as offensive line coach. Maybe both. I just can't remember an offensive line class we've signed without a very solid tackle prospect. Not stirring the pot here; just dealing with what's real at the moment.
    2012 and 2013
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American

Warmack was a 3 star Guard btw. George is a OT prospect and very high ceiling (needs to lose bad weight and reshape his body the staff loves him) We were pretty destined to sign a small class here but next year watch out imo will approach last years OL Class.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    2012 and 2013
    Those OL classes were pretty bad. Brad Bozeman was the only solid contributor over those two classes. Hopefully this class doesn't end up the same way.

And I totally get that guys like Warmack come along. I'm not saying these guys aren't good or won't be good.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TheRealPokeChop's Avatar

Alphonse Taylor and Brandon green weren't solid contributors? And Bradley Bozeman was a bit more than solid.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    Alphonse Taylor and Brandon green weren't solid contributors? And Bradley Bozeman was a bit more than solid.
    They werenít big name prospects like CyKo, Cam, Jonah, Leatherwood, Wills of some of the guys this past class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    Iíd say Alfonse played well below expectations. Greenís ceiling was never quite as high, but aside from the opening catch in OT against LSU, Iím struggling to remember a Green moment. Bozeman gave us good years and Iíd say probably lived up to what we expected of him. Maybe a little more.
    Last edited by gumptider; June 29th, 2019 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Misspelling

BamaNation All-SEC

it's also important to look at the prior year class. in the 2019 class we added 4 OTs. One 5 star, 2 4 stars and one transfer who was a 4 star and early starter at his prior school. We also added 2 4star interior guys so we had a really, really good OL class. For a guy in the 2020 class, he might look at that and see a log-jam of talent right in front of him