2020 Prospect: OL Xavier Hill Decommits from Bama

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Re: **** OL Xavier Hill Commits to Bama ****

Nice pick up and with 100% cb predictions to Mississippi State. Proof yet again those cb predictions are not reliable at all.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Nice pick up and with 100% cb predictions to Mississippi State. Proof yet again those cb predictions are not reliable at all.
You have to look at the total number of CBs along with the date the prediction was made when considering CB percentages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Wow, great pickup here! Roll Tide Mr. Hill!! Talking about getting back to a power running game - this guy can get it done in the trenches!!!

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008

I'm usually on the side of "defer to the staff" on recruits. They're usually solid on their evaluations. I'm just wondering about having three O-line commits in this class and all 3-star guys. And all guys that seem destined for the interior. Given where the numbers seem to be already, are we in on any elite tackles? Otherwise, on paper this seems to be a relatively uninspiring O-line class.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

By the end of the year when they're all mid-4*s, will it still be uninspiring? Don't mean that to be as snarky as it sounds...RTR!!!
I'm usually on the side of "defer to the staff" on recruits. They're usually solid on their evaluations. I'm just wondering about having three O-line commits in this class and all 3-star guys. And all guys that seem destined for the interior. Given where the numbers seem to be already, are we in on any elite tackles? Otherwise, on paper this seems to be a relatively uninspiring O-line class.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

As The Ols says they will all most likely be 4*s when they re-evaluate. The kid from Houston is 6'7" and plays OT in HS but he may end up inside. We loaded up on OT's in last years class and we are going after interior linemen in this class.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Keep in mind that we offer based on how they show up in camp. The coaches aren't looking at paper. They are seeing performance and offer based on what they see. If we have a 3 star commit that plays in the trenches there are 2 for sure things you can count on...1) the kid can play and 2) a fourth star will be coming - just a matter of time.

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008

Keep in mind that we offer based on how they show up in camp. The coaches aren't looking at paper. They are seeing performance and offer based on what they see. If we have a 3 star commit that plays in the trenches there are 2 for sure things you can count on...1) the kid can play and 2) a fourth star will be coming - just a matter of time.
Can't disagree with any of that. I guess more than anything, I'm wondering out loud whether this is a product of a relatively weak class of tackles or maybe even the influence of Kyle Flood as offensive line coach. Maybe both. I just can't remember an offensive line class we've signed without a very solid tackle prospect. Not stirring the pot here; just dealing with what's real at the moment.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Can't disagree with any of that. I guess more than anything, I'm wondering out loud whether this is a product of a relatively weak class of tackles or maybe even the influence of Kyle Flood as offensive line coach. Maybe both. I just can't remember an offensive line class we've signed without a very solid tackle prospect. Not stirring the pot here; just dealing with what's real at the moment.
2012 and 2013

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Warmack was a 3 star Guard btw. George is a OT prospect and very high ceiling (needs to lose bad weight and reshape his body the staff loves him) We were pretty destined to sign a small class here but next year watch out imo will approach last years OL Class.

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008

2012 and 2013
Those OL classes were pretty bad. Brad Bozeman was the only solid contributor over those two classes. Hopefully this class doesn't end up the same way.

And I totally get that guys like Warmack come along. I'm not saying these guys aren't good or won't be good.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Alphonse Taylor and Brandon green weren't solid contributors? And Bradley Bozeman was a bit more than solid.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Alphonse Taylor and Brandon green weren't solid contributors? And Bradley Bozeman was a bit more than solid.
They weren’t big name prospects like CyKo, Cam, Jonah, Leatherwood, Wills of some of the guys this past class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.