Amari Cooper on what he learned from Coach Nick Saban

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
"One of the things that I learned from him, from afar I would say, is what goes into actually winning and being the best you can be," Cooper said on Monday during an appearance on NBC Sports’ PFT PM. "He’s a really diligent guy, really studious. I mean, he’s the first one in the facility and he’s the last one to leave. I think the guy sleeps like two or three hours. He really puts in the work, so that we can go out there and actually be the winning football team that we were, and not everybody’s willing to put that work in."
https://www.al.com/sports/2019/06/what-amari-cooper-learned-from-nick-saban.html

I like this quote - a LOT. It's a great observation about leadership, dedication, and service all wrapped up into a couple of sentences.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I always thought the Raiders were stupid to trade away Cooper and I turned out to be right and the Raiders ended up with egg on their faces. Here's a good blog post on the value of the trade...

LINK

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Oakland was in a position to either trade Cooper "now" and get what they could or it turn into another K. Mack situation. Mack and Coop have the same agent and supposedly Coop's agent had basically told the Raiders that if he didn't get exactly what he wanted with his next contract Coop would follow Mack's path of holding out until he got it or force a trade. So Oakland unloaded him. I think it was the smartest move considering the circumstances. Coop appeared to have checked out anyway. I get his frustration, coming from a team that rarely lost to a team that appeared to be on the come up, now in rebuilding mode (with the change of management).

I wish Coop all the success in the world with Dallas. He's "Bama" and I'll always pull for him. But it was in the best interest of both Coop and the Raiders for him to go.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.