News Article: Where Democrats And Republicans Live In Your City

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Thought some of you might find this interesting.

Where Democrats And Republicans Live In Your City

An obvious trend jumps out when you look at the most politically segregated cities: They’re also the cities with some of the highest proportions of black residents. The persistence of racial segregation in American cities continues to define those cities’ politics. “There is still the question of why these things persist now, 51 years after the Fair Housing Act,” said Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor, professor of African American studies at Princeton. “Part of the reason is the federal government continues to connect its housing policies to private-sector housing producers. The programs, to the extent that they do exist, are yoked to the private sector, which not only has a history steeped in racial discrimination but has made contemporary practices that are connected to that. This is not ancient history.”

It’s not surprising, then, that when we looked at the country’s largest cities, we found a strong correlation between black-white segregation and political segregation. Since black voters are almost uniformly Democrats, it stands to reason that when many of a city’s black residents live in just a few areas, those areas will be overwhelmingly Democratic, and fewer Democrats will be living next door to Republicans. The same dynamic holds true when you group together all Hispanic and nonwhite voters, though the correlation isn’t as strong. And that’s why, when you chart a city’s racial segregation4against its partisan segregation, you can see that as one goes up, the other tends to rise as well:

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
When I was dealing with my Dad's estate last year, we had to evict some squatters on some land that he had inherited, and had passed on to us. It was my job to try to get the property ready to sell because none of us wanted the property.

The property was in Hinds Co.(Mississippi). I called a process server, who happened to live in Pearl, MS(Rankin County).

I had long conversations with the man. Invariably, the conversation would turn to - how Hinds County was nothing but Democrats, and Rankin was Republicans. They were the good guys.

I could very well tell the dog whistle in his voice. He was clearly talking about black people when he spoke of Democrats.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.