Donta Hall joins Detroit Pistons for NBA Summer League

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
He improved his free throw shooting last which is about all of his offensive game other than the occasional dunk. He needs to be a garbage guy. If he can rebound well, he can get enough dunks and free throws to carve out a niche. I don't see a NBA team using a spot on a guy who will frankly isn't quite quick enough to cover outside the arc and not really big enough to pound down low. I can't really see him making an NBA roster with significant improvement in his shooting ability from further than 2 feet. If you look at his senior year, he was very up and down. Hope he took some foreign language classes.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
He improved his free throw shooting last which is about all of his offensive game other than the occasional dunk. He needs to be a garbage guy. If he can rebound well, he can get enough dunks and free throws to carve out a niche. I don't see a NBA team using a spot on a guy who will frankly isn't quite quick enough to cover outside the arc and not really big enough to pound down low. I can't really see him making an NBA roster with significant improvement in his shooting ability from further than 2 feet. If you look at his senior year, he was very up and down. Hope he took some foreign language classes.
Not to the degree this guy did it but I can see Donta possible having a niche like Dennis Rodman had. He can run like him and if he bust his butt in the weight room and has the heart he may can rebound similar.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Best case for him to Play in G league, show improvement... play 45 days with Pistons... have better chance of making a roster somewhere next year. He will be fine. If he decide to play oversea this fall, then that's not a bad move either. Either way, I expect him to land on someone roster in the near future.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
  • Love
Reactions: NationalTitles18

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Looks like I was right... But He still need to clean up his game but he is making progress. I expect him to stick with Piston unless they waive him or opts to send him back down there which he probably need for another season.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Donta scored 4 pts and had 4 rebounds in his debut. Here is a video of his first NBA points. It is FT but wish it had been a dunk. Donta not lacking confidence.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.